Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-12-2017, 05:21 PM

9,338 posts, read 7,109,569 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by boxus View Post
Wow, something I agree with him on. If Trump (or anyone) makes such accusations, then they should present some sort of proof.
It really is that simple.

Trump threw out some awfully strong accusations. McCain is simply saying Trump needs to put his money where his mouth (twitter) is and prove it.

How could any reasonable person not agree with that?

Old 03-12-2017, 05:25 PM

56,988 posts, read 35,193,725 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NewbieHere View Post
Why? Him and Graham are irrelevant now. Two losers who can't shut up. I'm glad Mitt Romney shut up now.
McCain is about to get a lot more relevant if Trump doesn't support his allegations.
Quote:
Originally Posted by nononsenseguy View Post
McCain is really out to lunch. There is so much evidence a blind man could see it, and there are certainly enough people who do the sleuthing (experts in their field of investigative reporting) who reported that there definitely was some cyber snooping going on (not all requiring a FISA warrant) that directly targeted Trump servers and campaign servers, it isn't even arguable.

Obama's attorneys would be ill advised to threaten Trump with a lawsuit, given what Obama is currently engaged in, which could easily be called, "sedition." Obama could wind up in prison, if they want to go down that path. Frankly, I hope he does wind up in prison, for treason.
When is Trump gonna present all this evidence?

Old 03-12-2017, 05:26 PM

18,983 posts, read 9,073,833 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by boxus View Post
Wow, something I agree with him on. If Trump (or anyone) makes such accusations, then they should present some sort of proof.
A perfectly common sense and reasonable statement. Make an accusation, back it up.

Why are his supporters so adverse to this?

Well, we know why, because deep down even they know he is a pathological liar and the odds are there is no evidence because it's untrue. Because really, if they thought Trump was telling the truth they would be right at the front of the line, salivating to see the proof that would bring down Obama.

The fact that they're not interested in seeing the evidence of such a mind blowing accusation tells us even they don't believe the so-called president. There can be no other explanation.

Old 03-12-2017, 05:26 PM

1,728 posts, read 3,125,742 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KS_Referee View Post
Awww... Is someone needing their Binkie and a "Safe Space"?
You're the one who's going to need a binkie 'when you're crying yourself to sleep at night after Trump takes away your health coverage.

Old 03-12-2017, 05:37 PM

78,385 posts, read 60,579,949 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kimchee View Post
Yeah, Clinton lied about a sexual encounter while Trump lies about acts of treason. Very comparable.

I see our country is going to be very damaged by Clinton's affair with Lewinsky...

The orange buffoon lied about almost every single thing including petty things about his inauguration's crowd size and takes credit for the recent job #s when he thought it was all fake before...

The only reason why he isn't lying under oath yet is because we got Republicans w/o ballz running Congress who still thinks he can be used. He's lying everywhere else - on TV, twitter, etc. but i guess that's ok to you like all alternative facts are....
Clinton lied under oath and got disbarred because of it. This coming from a guy that voted for him and thinks in total he did a fairly good job.

Keep in mind that he's also the president that off-shored lots of jobs via NAFTA and also pardoned billionaire tax evader Marc Rich...whose wife paid millions to the DNC and then gave up citizen ship to avoid paying tens of millions in taxes.

You seem young idealistic and ill-informed.

I might not like Trump but he's not that much different from other presidents at this point and that's not a compliment.

Old 03-12-2017, 05:38 PM

33,321 posts, read 12,522,497 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dothetwist View Post
They impeached Clinton for lying
They impeached Clinton for lying, specifically, UNDER OATH. Trump hasn't lied under oath since taking the oath of office.

Edit: My post is essentially redundant. First paragraph of previous post = Mathguy beat me to it by one minute.

Old 03-12-2017, 05:39 PM

34,619 posts, read 21,611,728 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dothetwist View Post
They impeached Clinton for lying, why shouldn't they impeach the current president for lying?
The fact that you don't know that perjury is a crime kind of destroys anything you have to say on this topic.

Old 03-12-2017, 05:41 PM

68,329 posts, read 54,381,135 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WannaliveinGreenville View Post
You libs like to live on the edge, every news story is your wet nocturnal moment. If not this one, you wait breathlessly for the next one, posting quickly trying to find out if they can "get" Trump. But you live in a sectional world... because America LOVES Trump! I guess for the next 8 years, you libs will be posting everything you can get your hands on, while the rest of the world MOVES FORWARD with ALL of Trumps A-Mazing promises that are all coming true.

So, America loves a LIAR! Something to really take pride in, huh?

Old 03-12-2017, 05:48 PM

38,644 posts, read 26,374,838 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
I agree wholeheartedly with McCain on this. Trump either has to poop or get off the pot. If you don't have the evidence, then publicly retract these accusations. Yes, you're gonna lose face for having to do so, but it's a lesson learned for shooting off your mouth without knowing what you're talking about.

And if he doesn't retract the statement, Obama's attorneys should threaten him with a lawsuit.

McCain: Trump Must Prove Wiretapping or Retract Claims

Hah!

That's ****ing hilarious!

On what grounds would Obama sue?

Did Trump sully Obama's spotless reputation for not spying on heads of state, news reporters and ordinary citizens?

Or did Trump malign Obama's character by suggesting that he interfered with an election?

Oh!

And while we're on the subject (military service aside), **** McCain!

It's time for his ass to retire.

Old 03-12-2017, 05:49 PM

1,896 posts, read 811,307 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WannaliveinGreenville View Post
You libs like to live on the edge, every news story is your wet nocturnal moment. If not this one, you wait breathlessly for the next one, posting quickly trying to find out if they can "get" Trump. But you live in a sectional world... because America LOVES Trump! I guess for the next 8 years, you libs will be posting everything you can get your hands on, while the rest of the world MOVES FORWARD with ALL of Trumps A-Mazing promises that are all coming true.
It's like you live in some alternate universe where your ilk didn't criticize Obama for every little thing....

The mental gymnastics folks like you have to go through on a daily basis is crazy.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies