Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-12-2017, 10:09 PM

1,650 posts, read 1,115,284 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Listener2307 View Post
Let's show him who boss around here. Let's unfollow him! We'll just turn off those nasty ol' Tweets and never read them again..

You go first.
That's cruel and unusual though! Tweets lives matter!

Old 03-12-2017, 10:11 PM

3,617 posts, read 1,821,367 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shivermetimber View Post
that's cruel and unusual though! Tweets lives matter!

lol!!!

Old 03-12-2017, 10:20 PM

8,502 posts, read 3,340,526 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KS_Referee View Post
Show me ANY politician who, based upon one's political perspective, never lies.

You would have a better chance of finding a pixie who makes their pixie dust by sucking on unicorn farts then burping them back out, mixing the combination with utopian sludge then running the whole mess through a transmogrifier.
No argument. Endless series of politicians lying for political benefits - either outright or indirectly (parsing words, obfuscation).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
Clinton lied under oath and got disbarred because of it. This coming from a guy that voted for him and thinks in total he did a fairly good job.

Keep in mind that he's also the president that off-shored lots of jobs via NAFTA and also pardoned billionaire tax evader Marc Rich...whose wife paid millions to the DNC and then gave up citizen ship to avoid paying tens of millions in taxes.

You seem young idealistic and ill-informed.

I might not like Trump but he's not that much different from other presidents at this point and that's not a compliment.
No argument. Clinton lied for a benefit. Get out of trouble (Monica). Money.

Sure some are arguing that Trump's lie (should it be proved to be one) was for political advantage or benefit. The tweets were said to be a brilliant deflection. Political strategy.

My guess is Trump in the full throws of impulsivity simply didn't fully appreciate the gravity (of the accusation). And so fingers flew.

Is that the same as Clinton and Monica?

Somehow I feel more comfortable about a President literally screwing up rather than one figuratively doing so.

Old 03-12-2017, 10:28 PM

22,471 posts, read 11,995,014 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dothetwist View Post
Instead of answering a rather simple straightforward question, Glorious Leader's followers instead bring up Hillary. Sad!
People have been answering your question. You just don't like the answers.

My advice to you --- Stop allowing Trump to live in your head---and rent free to boot!

Old 03-12-2017, 11:00 PM

5,315 posts, read 2,113,297 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by momonkey View Post
"One of the most interesting disclosures concerns how the CIA can cover its tracks by leaving electronic trails suggesting the hacking is being done in different places — notably, in Russia. In fact, according to WikiLeaks, there’s an entire department dedicated to this. Its job is to “misdirect attribution” by leaving false fingerprints."

WikiLeaks’ CIA dump makes the Russian hacking story even murkier — if that’s possible - Salon.com

Believe everything the CIA tells you?
''Tis a bit rather convenient that Wikileaks dumps a bunch of stuff about fake fingerprints right when there's this whole issue about what this administration's links to Russia are.

Old 03-12-2017, 11:11 PM

10,181 posts, read 10,257,364 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by evilcart View Post
silly silly silly. POTUS is under oath every second....posters here are not.
Under the oath of:

Quote:
I do solemnly swear (or affirm) that I will faithfully execute the office of president of the United States, and will to the best of my ability, preserve, protect and defend the Constitution of the United States.
https://www.nytimes.com/2017/01/19/u...of-office.html

Obama defiled that oath 10x over.

Why weren't you and your ilk whining then?

Tweets really get under your thin skin, but ignoring the constitution doesn't?

Typical.

Old 03-12-2017, 11:13 PM

11,119 posts, read 5,589,229 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by evilcart View Post
silly silly silly. POTUS is under oath every second....posters here are not.
Well, I tell the truth here so much of the time, that you wouldn't likely suspect about the few occasions that I've let a little poetic license tie down some of the rough edges. Everything I say, is based at least loosely on the whole truth. I do much better at that, than most script writers, for what are supposedly documentary films.

Old 03-12-2017, 11:57 PM

7,982 posts, read 4,286,858 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taratova View Post
Go away McCain. You weakling. Sending out Sarah Palin to fight for you because you were too chicken to take on the fight.
Trump is so much more a man than you. Sending out a woman to take the flack ,you disgust me.

Go away? Don't you want Trump to present the evidence that will take down Obama?

Old 03-13-2017, 12:10 AM

41,110 posts, read 25,730,963 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShiverMeTimber View Post
If you like your plan, you can keep your plan.

^^ same punnishnent for that lie. Aka a 2nd term.
Yep. I say the same punishment that Democrats should get. Did anyone notice that Democrats in congress have been littering their Russia speeches with caveats like, "We do not know all the facts," and, "More information may well surface."

They repeatedly refer to what they don't know as a way of talking about what they hope to find out.

Old 03-13-2017, 12:12 AM

14,268 posts, read 18,931,918 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taratova View Post
Go away McCain. You weakling. Sending out Sarah Palin to fight for you because you were too chicken to take on the fight.
Trump is so much more a man than you. Sending out a woman to take the flack ,you disgust me.
You've got to be kidding, right? Sarah Palin would still be an unknown, backwoods moose killer if she wasn't McCain's running mate in 2008.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies