Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-13-2017, 01:10 PM

29,547 posts, read 9,716,744 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quick Enough View Post
Like I said, an interesting read.

"how come all the MSM missed this story"

Well with personal experience with the media, I have said many times, It is NOT just what the media says, it is ALSO what they DON'T say.

The media sits on stories that they don't want the info out.

Anyone who keeps an eye on the media should be aware how they very seldom went after Obama and NOW they even report silly things in order to paint a negative narrative of Trump.

If they thought this info would help Trump , they will ignore.

By the same token anything they can say which is negative is spread by MOST of the MSM.

JFK had sexual "relations" with MANY women and they never reported it.
One man's "story" is another man's nonsense, but quite frankly there is more source of news today than ever, regardless what news "story" you wish to hear or read. So where does this leave us?

For me personally (as I've explained before more than a few times), I scan the headline news of many news organizations every morning, local, national and foreign. What I call "triangulating for the truth," and ultimately what are truly the stories worth knowing and absorbing are those that are somewhat universally accepted as news worthy.

The claims about Obama being foreign-born were widely circulated for example. That Obama won the Nobel Peace Prize, and over the 8 years that Obama was POTUS, there was simply not the sort of nonsense going on now like Trump's tweets and feud with Schwarzennegger, caught on tape with comments about grabbing women by the *****, Russian engagement causing resignations of significant presidential appointees.

I know Trump supporters have their very own special way of viewing all reported or not reported about Trump, but the difference between Obama and Trump in these regards is very significant, and NOT a result of what the media chooses to be the story or not. Today more than anything, more than anyone, Trump chooses what to make the story of the day, and the media can hardly keep up, just like the rest of America!

What is "unpresidented" or not, presidential or not, story or nonsense, I guess we all have our own biased views about that, but mine is that Trump is personally responsible for at least half the negative reported about him. He brings it on himself, unnecessarily, foolishly, recklessly.

Obama simply did nothing of the sort, and anyone who can't at least see this simple difference, can't see too clearly period. That or what "story" they choose to believe is coming only from Fox News, regardless the truth or news reported by all other news sources here and abroad...

Old 03-13-2017, 01:27 PM

79,907 posts, read 44,191,640 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by foundapeanut View Post
Place the blame where it belongs- on the insurance companies. Tell us how you were negatively affected.
Those who accept bribes are every bit as guilty as those who offer them.

Old 03-13-2017, 01:36 PM

88,567 posts, read 84,777,093 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quick Enough View Post
Like I said, an interesting read.

"how come all the MSM missed this story"

Well with personal experience with the media, I have said many times, It is NOT just what the media says, it is ALSO what they DON'T say.

The media sits on stories that they don't want the info out.

Anyone who keeps an eye on the media should be aware how they very seldom went after Obama and NOW they even report silly things in order to paint a negative narrative of Trump.

If they thought this info would help Trump , they will ignore.

By the same token anything they can say which is negative is spread by MOST of the MSM.

JFK had sexual "relations" with MANY women and they never reported it.
The JFK thing is irrelevant. That was a different time, and if someone had reported it, they would be blackballed. It was a man's world. The politicians were men, the media were men. The women didn't count for much, and if they had said or verified anything, they'd be dismissed as whores anyway.

Old 03-13-2017, 01:41 PM

10,920 posts, read 6,909,384 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by illtaketwoplease View Post
His penalty for posting falsehoods would be the same as yours for posting falsehoods.
Random guy on the Internet should be held to the same standards as the President of the United States? Seriously?

Old 03-13-2017, 01:44 PM

51,651 posts, read 25,813,568 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LearnMe View Post
One man's "story" is another man's nonsense, but quite frankly there is more source of news today than ever, regardless what news "story" you wish to hear or read. So where does this leave us?

For me personally (as I've explained before more than a few times), I scan the headline news of many news organizations every morning, local, national and foreign. What I call "triangulating for the truth," and ultimately what are truly the stories worth knowing and absorbing are those that are somewhat universally accepted as news worthy.

The claims about Obama being foreign-born were widely circulated for example. That Obama won the Nobel Peace Prize, and over the 8 years that Obama was POTUS, there was simply not the sort of nonsense going on now like Trump's tweets and feud with Schwarzennegger, caught on tape with comments about grabbing women by the *****, Russian engagement causing resignations of significant presidential appointees.

I know Trump supporters have their very own special way of viewing all reported or not reported about Trump, but the difference between Obama and Trump in these regards is very significant, and NOT a result of what the media chooses to be the story or not. Today more than anything, more than anyone, Trump chooses what to make the story of the day, and the media can hardly keep up, just like the rest of America!

What is "unpresidented" or not, presidential or not, story or nonsense, I guess we all have our own biased views about that, but mine is that Trump is personally responsible for at least half the negative reported about him. He brings it on himself, unnecessarily, foolishly, recklessly.

Obama simply did nothing of the sort, and anyone who can't at least see this simple difference, can't see too clearly period. That or what "story" they choose to believe is coming only from Fox News, regardless the truth or news reported by all other news sources here and abroad...
Hear! Hear!

"Barely able to keep up" describes pretty much all of us these days, media included.

Definitely no need to make up stuff. There's enough innuendoes, accusations, suspicions, admissions, denials, side-track dramas, and red herrings to fill two mysteries and a romance novel.

But what's the real story?

This can't be just a get-richer scheme can it?

What's the end game here for Trump and Bannon and Putin?

What are they planning to accomplish?

Old 03-13-2017, 01:53 PM

8,497 posts, read 4,559,995 times
Show us the evidence!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 03-13-2017, 01:57 PM

7,588 posts, read 6,627,628 times
And so, he admits he lied.

Spicer: Trump didn't mean wiretapping when he tweeted about wiretapping - CNNPolitics.com

Quote:
(CNN)The White House on Monday walked back key point of President Donald Trump's unsubstantiated allegation that President Barack Obama wiretapped his phones in Trump Tower during the 2016 election.
Namely, White House press secretary Sean Spicer said Trump wasn't referring to wiretapping when he tweeted about wiretapping.

Spin this one, Trumpheads.

Old 03-13-2017, 01:58 PM

12,566 posts, read 10,616,175 times
LOL. Yes, it is CNN but still.

Spicer: Trump didn't mean wiretapping when he tweeted about wiretapping - CNNPolitics.com

Old 03-13-2017, 02:03 PM

23,795 posts, read 13,259,424 times
Apparently Bozo in Chief realized that he backed himself into an unwinnable corner by lying, and now--here it comes--this is not what he meant. Lol. Stupid Americans--taking Trump seriously again--suckers.

So he didn't mean "wire tap(p)" and he didn't mean "Obama."

Seriously? You can not make this stuff up.

Too late Trump--we were promised an investigation and we want an investigation. We're all going to watch the hearings make you look foolish.

Old 03-13-2017, 02:05 PM

5,444 posts, read 6,992,974 times
I wonder if Obama could sue Trump for Slander?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies