Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-14-2017, 10:09 AM

79,907 posts, read 44,184,586 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jstarling View Post
Because Obama had a Republican Congress and Senate that blocked everything.
I have to do this all the time. I picked the items I did because Obama did not need the Congress to do any of them.

Quote:
Trump has it all. I'm waiting for the better, cheaper healthcare that will cover everyone. Not so much.
No excuses he has both houses of Congress.
Obama had both when we got the crap that was Obamacare. I do not support Trump but for the life of me I do not understand the double standard.

If Obama had stopped the wars like he promised he would do (and he did not need Congress to do this), if he had not got us involved in new wars (which he did not ask Congress to approve) if he had prosecuted the bankers like he promised (which he did not need Congress to do) and had not handed over health care to Wall Street, we do not have a President Trump.

Those who looked the other way and refused to hold Obama to his promises gave us Trump. How can Obama supporters expect Trump supporters to do what they would not do?

Old 03-14-2017, 10:09 AM

24,260 posts, read 14,203,370 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
I know that Obama expanded spying on American's which is not who he said he would be. There are no good players here. We should be as pissed at Obama's actions as we are about Trump acting like a 12 year old girl.
Unless I'm mistaken, Obama is no longer president. He had good policies and bad ones just like every other president. Some I agreed with some I didn't. But I don't recall him attacking a former president without having a single piece of evidence to back it up.

Old 03-14-2017, 10:11 AM

88,560 posts, read 84,755,078 times
And what happened with him meeting with Obama at the time of transition and announcing, "He's a good man"?

Now he's got a bug up his butt about him and is wasting time with this high school stuff? Get to work, Mr. President. You made a lot of promises that got you elected, so put down the damn phone and get to work.

Old 03-14-2017, 10:15 AM

12,687 posts, read 6,732,744 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jjrose View Post
The "old man" is the president and should know something about what he is saying BEFORE he spouts off. The "old man" should also be able to make clear and concise statements that use words properly and not require a team of spinners to decipher their "true meaning".
I'm not about to start accusing Trump of intelligence. Sure I've seen many an unexpected flash of brilliance, but for the most part my opinion of him hasn't changed much in the last two years. He's a bully, a blowhard and a loudmouthed idiot. But hey, that's just my opinion.

I do think that the Left is setting themselves up for bad things. By absolutely freaking out every single time Trump says something that annoys them even slightly, they're rapidly getting the American people sick of scandal. I'd rather have the American people actually paying attention when Trump does something significantly bad if and when that ever happens. But the American people may have already stopped listening at that point. Stop screaming yourself hoarse with outrage at small stuff.

I will say that Twitter is a lousy platform. 140 characters to convey an articulate and profound statement? Not sure that's even possible. But hey, it's Trump's decision.

Old 03-14-2017, 10:19 AM

33,532 posts, read 37,132,711 times
Perhaps a microwave oven can't spy on you, but be careful ladies, because this can...

Ottawa-based sex toy maker settles privacy lawsuit for $5M - Business - CBC News

Old 03-14-2017, 10:30 AM

7,822 posts, read 4,563,838 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by southward bound View Post
Justice Dept has requested more time to gather evidence that the House has requested.
Hater. It takes time to gin up evidence...

Old 03-14-2017, 10:31 AM

38,496 posts, read 25,808,661 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanspeur View Post
Perhaps a microwave oven can't spy on you, but be careful ladies, because this can...

Ottawa-based sex toy maker settles privacy lawsuit for $5M - Business - CBC News
Pehaps Sessions should broaden the investigation to include the Trump's sex toys.

Old 03-14-2017, 10:35 AM

19,122 posts, read 25,323,648 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mightyqueen801 View Post
I don't know how either of those facts affects national security.
Well, assuming that a microwave oven could take photographs (which, of course, they can't...), I can think of a possible security breach in the case of The POTUS. What if a spy was able to secure the secret formula for his orange spray-tan?

Surely that might compromise our national security!

Old 03-14-2017, 10:36 AM

16,352 posts, read 8,092,773 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jojajn View Post
Pehaps Sessions should broaden the investigation to include the Trump's sex toys.
I'm not touching that with a ten foot pole.

Old 03-14-2017, 10:46 AM

18,323 posts, read 10,656,080 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
I know that Obama expanded spying on American's which is not who he said he would be. There are no good players here. We should be as pissed at Obama's actions as we are about Trump acting like a 12 year old girl.
No, you don't know,you really don't.But you're pissed about everything Trump ,Obama,Hillary,you are mad at the world.Americans , I mean real honest to God loving Americans don't have a damn thing to hide and don't care if the CIA,FBI or NSA listen in,why, becuase they have nothing to hide .Now if you're planning to be a terrorist or attack someone...........good I hope they nail your tail!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies