Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-16-2017, 11:08 AM

9,189 posts, read 7,597,926 times

Advertisements

Does republican Comey have the goods on Trump or will he give him a slap on the wrist?

Senators Feinstein and Grassley grim and silent after Trump-Russia briefings with Comey

After closed door meetings with FBI Director James Comey on Wednesday, top members of the Senate Judiciary Committee looked grim and rattled and refused to divulge the contents of the meeting to reporters.

At around 5 p.m. E.T. on Wednesday, Sen. Chuck Grassley (R-IA) and Sen. Dianne Feinstein (D-CA) faced reporters but revealed little about their meetings with Comey. “This briefing was all on sensitive matters,” Feinstein said, “and highly classified and it’s really not anything we can answer any questions about.”

Comey has been at the center of multiple controversies lately, from his decision to make a later-discredited announcement about Democratic presidential nominee Hillary Clinton’s email server in the days before the 2016 election, to whether or not his agency is currently investigating Donald Trump’s campaign for allegedly colluding with the Russian government.

Old 03-16-2017, 11:10 AM

38,643 posts, read 26,371,773 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fitzy24 View Post
Does republican Comey have the goods on Trump or will he give him a slap on the wrist?

Senators Feinstein and Grassley grim and silent after Trump-Russia briefings with Comey

After closed door meetings with FBI Director James Comey on Wednesday, top members of the Senate Judiciary Committee looked grim and rattled and refused to divulge the contents of the meeting to reporters.

At around 5 p.m. E.T. on Wednesday, Sen. Chuck Grassley (R-IA) and Sen. Dianne Feinstein (D-CA) faced reporters but revealed little about their meetings with Comey. “This briefing was all on sensitive matters,” Feinstein said, “and highly classified and it’s really not anything we can answer any questions about.”

Comey has been at the center of multiple controversies lately, from his decision to make a later-discredited announcement about Democratic presidential nominee Hillary Clinton’s email server in the days before the 2016 election, to whether or not his agency is currently investigating Donald Trump’s campaign for allegedly colluding with the Russian government.

Gee-wiz, "highly classified" egh?

Guess we'll have to wait for Obama's inbeds to leak it.

SYBIU, what was discredited?

Old 03-16-2017, 11:13 AM

6,957 posts, read 8,490,829 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by momonkey View Post
What was discredited?
The tRump Presidency!

Old 03-16-2017, 11:18 AM

38,643 posts, read 26,371,773 times

What was discredited?

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheEmissary View Post
The tRump Presidency!

How so?

Old 03-16-2017, 11:37 AM

29,544 posts, read 9,713,411 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hitemsohard View Post
I think its absolutely impossible to beat Trump in an election, because he is so smart at gaining the upper hand in the face of any type of controversy.
That Access Hollywood tape was the best example.
And now we have Obama's dirty shadow government attempting to destroy President Trump.
President Trump will destroy Obama.
The only thing Obama was good at was leaving Iraq wide open for ISIS.
President Trump is wisely keeping the evidence close to his vest, because he knows Obama's people are everywhere.
Keep gathering more evidence before you pull the trigger.
Those sorts of "smarts" are only as good as the rest of us are dumb...

Old 03-16-2017, 11:44 AM

20,702 posts, read 12,530,402 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Natural510 View Post
FOX News bombshell? Excuse me while I apply my BS repellant.

Old 03-16-2017, 11:58 AM

37,315 posts, read 59,854,747 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GHOSTRIDER AZ View Post
Verified and was Tapped in Oct. 2016 by Fiser Warrant ad nothing was revealed, but the tapping continued.
Wrong, wrong, wrong...
YOUR OWN GOP has said it didn't happen...
Trump is just his own worst enemy---
When you analyze his conversation about how he came to "discover" Obama wiretapped him, there are SO MANY inconsistencies and truth shadings that his nose should be 4 inches longer than when he started the interview....

Truth just doesn't matter to him--
It never has....
The problem is that he is never held accountable for these lies/truth shadings....
Never to any real degree---
His supporters have vanishing memories and can't remember from one 20 min segment to another and the media just as often don't call him out when he reverses his position or puts another spin on his position....

But you want to believe this happened the way Trump said--
So ahead--
Don't let truth get in the way of worship...

Old 03-16-2017, 11:59 AM

8,497 posts, read 3,339,003 times
The Senate Intelligence Committee (Burr) just now came out with the strongest rejection yet of Trump's tweet storm. In contrast to the House, it gathered information through calls to various government entities that Burr previously said satisfied him.

No indications that Trump Tower was subject to surveillance (exact word) by any element of the US government either before or after the US election.

Clearly, Congress wants this shut down. Time to do the government's business. Get back to work.

Funny (or not) that in an attempt to prove his case, Trump now has turned to Fake News (the Jan. 20 NYT article). No mention of Breibart.

Old 03-16-2017, 12:10 PM

29,544 posts, read 9,713,411 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EveryLady View Post
The conundrum many politicians face is that they dutifully set off for Washington full of good intentions buoyed by the hopes of their constituents only to encounter ... that swamp. Now no argument that some of the swamp is nefarious, those so-called crooked lobbyists. Lobbyists may well be a Trojan Horse of sorts in that they do come bringing a nominal gift - and that is information. Too, the expertise of the bureaucracy is now being defined as part of the swamp. Off with their jobs.

Trump may have a point. Most politicians encounter a reality of sorts once their feet cross the DC line ... some of that reality may be the long-honored American tradition of political compromise ... some may be those pesky "facts" that keep cropping up.

Is any altering of a politician's course an acknowledgment of a new-found reality or is it selling out and joining the swamp to keep his or her job? Or something in between? You know the expression ... the eye of the beholder.

Trump, though, is arguably taking a course that differs somewhat from other politicians for He Is Keeping His Campaign Promises which thrills his supporters even though not surprisingly he's already countered the familiar roadblocks, say for healthcare ... the politics of even a Republican Congress and facts (the CBO estimates, which incidentally were said to be much *better* than the ones run by OMB originally intended to counter the CBO).

So the relevance of this to the thread? The narcissism. Trump is famously not ideological and it would be hard for even his supporters to maintain that he has a sound grasp of policy. All politicians are somewhat narcissistic but when reality intrudes most are able to put that aside to respond with varying effectiveness.

Trump's narcissism may well be more entrenched with the keeping of the promises and applause of the fan base satisfying enough that it overrides effective response to reality ... like for the tweet storm.

Just my take.
Once upon a time I had to register as a lobbyist, and although I feel strongly about the problem of special interest money influencing our elected representatives, I understand a bit about both sides of this issue/problem. A hard one to fix to any degree of satisfaction, maybe even impossible, which leaves us with the need to trust our elected representatives to do the right thing despite that influence. Transparency is also very important to balance against the corruption of closed-door dealing that benefits the few at the expense of too many others.

I am not impressed with Trump in the way you seem to be, by simply or apparently "keeping his campaign promises." On any given issue, our focus needs to be on what is the best policy all considered, then how best to execute that policy. Barring the necessary examples and/or specifics that are required to evaluate Trump in those regards, so far I think Trump is doing more harm than good. At the same time, Trump continues to display characteristics that I do not view as intelligent, well informed or appropriate, making me less and less comfortable that Trump will do the right thing in the event of crisis, or to avoid crisis, that I suspect is inevitable. If not because of the fact we live in a volatile world already, Trump is more likely than Obama, I think, to tilt us into a conflict even more escalated in proportion to what we were dealing with before he took office.

//www.city-data.com/forum/polit...oblem-all.html

Lots of people including Obama and Sanders have pointed to the problem of money in our political system, the water that makes that "swamp" what it is. Even Trump highlighted the problem when he explained on that national stage of some 17 GOP contenders for POTUS that everyone on his left and right had taken his money. I gave him credit for doing so in more than a comment or two in this forum. Unfortunately, I don't hear him talking about that anymore now that he is elected, nor do I think he'll follow through with change for the better in these regards rather than worse, as already seems to be emerging with the ACA2.0...

Old 03-16-2017, 12:15 PM

10,746 posts, read 4,342,219 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EveryLady View Post
The Senate Intelligence Committee (Burr) just now came out with the strongest rejection yet of Trump's tweet storm. In contrast to the House, it gathered information through calls to various government entities that Burr previously said satisfied him.

No indications that Trump Tower was subject to surveillance (exact word) by any element of the US government either before or after the US election.

Clearly, Congress wants this shut down. Time to do the government's business. Get back to work.

Funny (or not) that in an attempt to prove his case, Trump now has turned to Fake News (the Jan. 20 NYT article). No mention of Breibart.
President Trump said the media reports peaked his interest, he didn't say that was evidence.
Anyway, President Trump is very confident about his evidence delivering the goods, based on his interview with Tucker.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies