Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-14-2017, 08:09 AM

51,651 posts, read 25,807,433 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by headingtoDenver View Post
I call BS on this. Actually, your statement is accurate, but I don't think the American public believes this. If this were true, Trump et al would have come out and said that right after the statement was made. Instead they let it fester in the minds of Americans.
They gave it long enough to get firmly implanted in their brains. Years from now, there will be Republicans repeating how Obama wiretapped Trump.

Now this weak business about needing more time to gather evidence and how he meant anybody might have him under surveillance.

Of course anyone might. Particularly anyone Trump owed money to.

Old 03-14-2017, 08:11 AM

3,261 posts, read 3,704,793 times
This has got to be the dumbest White House in history. Watch out Kelly when you microwave your meal, the world could be watching you. What a bunch of dummies.

Old 03-14-2017, 08:12 AM

88,564 posts, read 84,755,078 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quick Enough View Post
A very poor attempt to deflect.
Um, no. A very poor attempt--well, not an attempt at all--on your part to have a linear, logical conversation. I didn't deflect anything.

See, the problem is you dragged Hillary into a conversation that had nothing to do with her, because for some reason known only to yourself, you think I must be a Hillary supporter. You are wrong.

I made a statement of fact: The press in 1960 was male-dominated--as was society--there's no argument to be made about that. And the press at that time did not expose things like Presidential affairs. They didn't talk about FDR's mistress a few years earlier, either. They would have jeopardized their careers to do so.

The people in general were naive and did not have the knowledge and access we have today to what's going on. Government leaders were put on pedestals, and people didn't talk about the darker sides of what others did in their personal lives except behind closed doors and in whispers. It was a completely different time that can't be compared to the media of today. Reporters covered the actual news without the personal angles, and journalism was taken seriously.

So, AGAIN, much has changed with the media in the past 50 years. Some for the better, some for the worse. You cannot take a group of people who are now most likely dead and say, "Oh, look, "the media" is still doing XYZ." They are not the same people, the profession is not the same, and society is not the same.

Old 03-14-2017, 08:20 AM

38,496 posts, read 25,808,661 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by southward bound View Post
Justice Dept has requested more time to gather evidence that the House has requested.

Evidently, there IS evidence to gather.
I believe they are checking out the blender now. The toaster oven is also suspect.

Old 03-14-2017, 08:20 AM

29,547 posts, read 9,713,411 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbgusa View Post
I just finished reading Ayaan Hirsi Ali's book Infidel, which details that plenty of Arabs were cheering or, to use her exact word "jubilating" over the 911 attacks (link).

I doubt it happened only in Holland.
If your link is that which you consider "details that plenty of Arabs were cheering," those details are about a group of Muslim children in Holland, not thousands of Muslims cheering in New Jersey as Trump insisted he saw on TV.

Big difference if you ask me, but another great switch to alternative facts that sure has a way of keeping the Trumpisms flowing and his followers following...

Old 03-14-2017, 08:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jojajn View Post
I believe they are checking out the blender now. The toaster oven is also suspect.
The toaster oven?!

Tell me it isn't so.

Is the teapot in the clear?

Old 03-14-2017, 08:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taratova View Post
Go away McCain. You weakling. Sending out Sarah Palin to fight for you because you were too chicken to take on the fight.
Trump is so much more a man than you. Sending out a woman to take the flack ,you disgust me.
I'm guessing any woman can take flack better than you can, maybe even better than most men!

Old 03-14-2017, 08:35 AM

38,496 posts, read 25,808,661 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GotHereQuickAsICould View Post
The toaster oven?!

Tell me it isn't so.

Is the teapot in the clear?
What I understand is that no appliance is leaving that kitchen until they figure everything out.

Old 03-14-2017, 08:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jojajn View Post
What I understand is that no appliance is leaving that kitchen until they figure everything out.
Even the Keurig machine is being investigated? For what?

Twitter Hilariously Burns Kellyanne Conway For Microwave Comment | The Huffington Post

Old 03-14-2017, 08:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mightyqueen801 View Post
It happened in Paterson, NJ. But Trump didn't see it.
A more rampant rumor of Muslim or Arab-Americans cheering the attacks centered around nearby Paterson, N.J. But that turned out to be just a rumor, spawned by chain emails and perpetuated by shock jock Howard Stern’s radio show.

The Star-Ledger reported that as the rumors spread, "Paterson police rushed to South Main Street, the center of the city's Middle Eastern community."

"When we got there, they were all in prayer," Paterson Police Chief Lawrence Spagnola said.

Fact-checking Trump's claim that thousands in New Jersey cheered when World Trade Center tumbled | PolitiFact

"For the great enemy of truth is very often not the lie--deliberate, contrived and dishonest--but the myth--persistent, persuasive, and unrealistic. Too often we hold fast to the cliches of our forebears. We subject all facts to a prefabricated set of interpretations. We enjoy the comfort of opinion without the discomfort of thought." -- JFK

https://www.jfklibrary.org/Research/...t-Address.aspx
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies