Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Was it in the National Interest for Obama to have Tapped Trump's Telephones?
No - Obama abused his power 136 84.47%
Yes - Obama was protecting Americans 25 15.53%
Voters: 161. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-04-2017, 10:18 AM

41,948 posts, read 75,144,160 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldoKitty View Post
Obama has apparently tapped Trump's telephones.
Dude. Seriously. Trump's midnight tweets are NOT fact.

Get a grip. And tweet to your Fearless Leader to do the same.

Obama should sue Trump for slander. 45 is out of hand.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-04-2017, 10:21 AM

12,031 posts, read 6,561,999 times
Obama also tapped and hacked email of James Rosin of FOX NEWS and a female journalist at the NYT (can't remember her name, but she wrote a book about it) who criticized him.
And he had the IRS go after conservative groups he didn't like

So yes, Obama has abused the power to tap and hack.

Old 03-04-2017, 10:29 AM

6,260 posts, read 5,066,250 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mountainrose View Post
Obama also tapped and hacked email of James Rosin of FOX NEWS and a female journalist at the NYT (can't remember her name, but she wrote a book about it) who criticized him.
And he had the IRS go after conservative groups he didn't like

So yes, Obama has abused the power to tap and hack.
Sharyll Attkisson. Also the AP.

The Obama administration weaponized the DOJ and the IRS. There's no doubt. So whoever made the comment somewhere up thread about the rule of law, that was laughable as it related to Obama. But Trump made a big claim and now he needs to prove it.

Old 03-04-2017, 10:29 AM

2,573 posts, read 3,501,202 times
Obama Taped Trump's phone. Claimed by Trump. Reported by WK

Old 03-04-2017, 10:36 AM

11,221 posts, read 8,292,938 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nononsenseguy View Post
BULL! There is no "mounting evidence." The media and the Democrats have created this tale out of whole cloth, and are trying to find "evidence" to fit their allegations. So far, they are coming up empty.
There is tons of mounting evidence. It has been produced by multiple sources in the media, and documented and backed up by multiple government agencies, and supported by most dems, and quite a few republicans.

You are totally within your rights to believe everything Trump says or tweats, just as I am in my rights to believe (In my case, with a healthy dose of skeptisism) things I read in the media. For me, I look for multiple and cross-validated sources.

Right now, all you have is Trump saying the media can't be trusted, and EVERY.SINGLE.TIME he tries to make that point, he gets caught in another lie. If you want to believe the guy who is a proven liar over the established media, with multiple sources, who has broken scandals for (litterally) centuries, that is your perogative.

I can't prove to you that it's not BULL, but you certainly have no standing to tell me it isn't.

I fully agree the media out biased. Sometimes is biased to the right, sometimes to the left. Often that depends on your source, But NOTHING Trump has put there has shown anyone with a shred of intelligence that he has moral standing over the worst of our mainstream media. PERIOD!

Old 03-04-2017, 10:53 AM

14,928 posts, read 12,126,747 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Myghost View Post
Couple of serious questoins:

1. Do you know, as you claimed, that Obama tapped it himself, or that he initiated the tapping?
2. Do you know, as you insinuated, that there was NOT a court order?

What do I think?: I think that there is mounting evidence that Trump and/or his team had more contact with Russia than is appropriate or normal. I think that if Obama was involved in any way, that it was done like everything else he did over the past 8 years, BY THE BOOK. Obama was as clean a President as we've had in my 50 years. You may not like his politics, but he was and is scandal free. A LOT of stuff has been thrown at him, but he's showing to be better over 8 years than Trump in less than 8 weeks.

Boy, talk about "alternate reality", LOL. Guess you ought to start a petition to have your hero canonized, maybe? St. Obama........

But about that "mounting evidence" of alleged wrongdoing or irregularities on the part of Trump and teams and Russia, there is no evidence of such a thing, it's only the hysterics and unfounded accusations on the part of the left that have been mounting.

They squawk, make even more accusations, posture in righteous indignation, and demand resignations/impeachments as they participate in the latest leftist feeding frenzy. Doesn't matter that their show is based on half-truths, fabrications and unjustified accusations, they assume that their minions will fall for it, hook, line and sinker. And apparently you have.

And the Obama being the "by the book" and "squeaky clean"???? That's about the funniest thing I've read all day....

Old 03-04-2017, 11:24 AM

14,928 posts, read 12,126,747 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dothetwist View Post
If the WH via either FBI or NSA got a FISA warrant, then a JUDGE said it was in the national interest.
Reportedly the FBI asked for a FISA warrant to monitor activities in Trump tower in June 2016, but were denied the warrant at that time. They revised the terms of the warrant in October 2016, and this time it was granted. So apparently monitoring activities were taking place, I'd guess (but not being expert in these things, don't know for sure) might include wiretapping, or monitoring of phone calls, electronic communication. The premise, of course, is that there is evidence of suspicious behavior, so such not being presented to the courts in June 2016 would, I assume, be the basis of the court's refusal to grant the warrant in June. Fast forward a few months, rewrite the request to include an allegation of "possible" irregularities between imvolved banks, (note not real evidence and no mention of anything about the upcoming election), and the warrant is granted.

It might not be Obama directly who "ordered" the surveillance on the Trump Tower, but as the commander in chief, IMO it's entirely possible his influence drove the investigation.

https://heatst.com/world/exclusive-f...ies-to-russia/

Old 03-04-2017, 11:26 AM

46,943 posts, read 25,964,420 times
He has completely lost it, hasn't he?

Old 03-04-2017, 11:30 AM

1,187 posts, read 1,022,573 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Travelassie View Post
Reportedly the FBI asked for a FISA warrant to monitor activities in Trump tower in June 2016, but were denied the warrant at that time. They revised the terms of the warrant in October 2016, and this time it was granted. So apparently monitoring activities were taking place, I'd guess (but not being expert in these things, don't know for sure) might include wiretapping, or monitoring of phone calls, electronic communication. The premise, of course, is that there is evidence of suspicious behavior, so such not being presented to the courts in June 2016 would, I assume, be the basis of the court's refusal to grant the warrant in June. Fast forward a few months, rewrite the request to include an allegation of "possible" irregularities between imvolved banks, (note not real evidence and no mention of anything about the upcoming election), and the warrant is granted.

It might not be Obama directly who "ordered" the surveillance on the Trump Tower, but as the commander in chief, IMO it's entirely possible his influence drove the investigation.

https://heatst.com/world/exclusive-f...ies-to-russia/
Obama spokesperson denied it. They might have tried but Judge did not grant warranty if this story is true.

Old 03-04-2017, 11:31 AM

10,229 posts, read 6,309,606 times
"A cardinal rule of the Obama administration was that no White House official ever interfered with any independent investigation led by the Department of Justice," Obama spokesman Kevin Lewis said in a statement Saturday.

Interfered? Independent investigation? Does this mean it was known and ongoing during the campaign? Obama ordered it? Any American citizen with credible information could have tipped off an FBI investigation.

First Flynn, and now Sessions. How many lower down the line "burglars" before we get to the top? If there was a wiretap, you bet there are recordings and transcripts somewhere, which will someday be "leaked" too.`
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies