Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-04-2017, 09:47 PM

31,934 posts, read 14,933,222 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by steven_h View Post
I know you don't have a clue... that's obvious to everyone but you, apparently.

To "abridge the news" means to curtail, to suppress.

So, my question, which you failed to answer, is; Who is suppressing the news?

I'm not styling you in any way. I asked a simple question. Please enlighten me with an answer.

WHO is suppressing the news, which is what you claimed.

Maybe you and Natalie can huddle and come up with an answer.

I agree
I never said anyone was suppressing the news lol Go back and read.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-04-2017, 10:05 PM

18,258 posts, read 22,481,882 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by American Expat View Post
President Trump needs to take the offensive and destroy his opposition until they allow him to perform his job.
Trump IS his own opposition. Talk about someone fighting their own shadow. King Cheetos is paranoid and a wild-eyed conspiracy nut.

Old 03-04-2017, 10:09 PM

14,361 posts, read 9,760,781 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by natalie469 View Post
I never said anyone was suppressing the news lol Go back and read.
So... you have no clue what the term "abridging" actually means?
Quote:
Originally Posted by calipoppy View Post
Trump IS his own opposition. Talk about someone fighting their own shadow. King Cheetos is paranoid and a wild-eyed conspiracy nut.
Ask calipoppy, might be some help... oh, wait... NM

Do the fools in here actually believe they are changing minds?

The idiocy is reprehensible.

Old 03-04-2017, 10:16 PM

38,622 posts, read 26,292,175 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EvilEyeFleegle View Post
Yup...because jailing your political opposition is the American way...right?

Sedition...in this case...disagreeing with Trump. What a dangerous farce.

I've got some news for you...the Republicans don't govern this country--our elected leadership and our appointed officials do. We are a country that stands by the rule of law...regardless of who is in power.
Trump appears to want to rule rather than govern. We rejected that idea 230 years ago.
The Executive Branch was designed to be the weakest branch for a good reason...and I believe that that eventuality has came to pass--a power hungry man who has no idea of his limitations.

I've a novel idea...how about...let's govern..in the usual way..by compromise and by considering the needs of all the people..yup...all the people...even those who don't agree with you politically or culturally.

You would have a point if someone were talking about jailing political opposition because they are political opposition, but that is obviously not the case so you have no point.

Old 03-04-2017, 10:23 PM

3,211 posts, read 2,230,465 times
Quote:
I know you don't have a clue... that's obvious to everyone but you, apparently.

To "abridge the news" means to curtail, to suppress.

So, my question, which you failed to answer, is; Who is suppressing the news?

I'm not styling you in any way. I asked a simple question. Please enlighten me with an answer.

WHO is suppressing the news, which is what you claimed.

Maybe you and Natalie can huddle and come up with an answer.

I agree

The left are coming across as wanting, wishing, willing the US to fail.

They are clueless, and WILL LOSE (AGAIN) in 2018.

They need to wake the FK up, because we need a balance of power.

I'm really worried the right will have a super majority.

BTW Glenn Greenwald is an ass
If the Soros backed Left continues this assault on the President elected IAW the Constitution, they will continue and accelerate their losing trends and give the right a super majority, which will eventually be bad if there is no Dem left to raise legitimate issues of abuse of power...so far, every single thing the Dems have raised is crybaby sad we lost inconsequential BS.

Old 03-04-2017, 10:28 PM

14,361 posts, read 9,760,781 times
Quote:
If the Soros backed Left continues this assault on the President elected IAW the Constitution, they will continue and accelerate their losing trends and give the right a super majority, which will eventually be bad if there is no Dem left to raise legitimate issues of abuse of power...so far, every single thing the Dems have raised is crybaby sad we lost inconsequential BS.
E X A C T LY ! ! !

Thank God there is a person who actually understands the ramifications.

The left need to stop the diatribe, otherwise they will continue to lose which will shift the balance of power to a single side. THAT IS FREAKIN NUTS!

What is their problem understanding simple sociology, and the way this country runs?

Old 03-04-2017, 10:33 PM

33,843 posts, read 16,875,949 times
Quote:

Old 03-04-2017, 10:39 PM

Quote:
So... you have no clue what the term "abridging" actually means?

Ask calipoppy, might be some help... oh, wait... NM

Do the fools in here actually believe they are changing minds?

The idiocy is reprehensible.
Please don't be condescending. It just doesn't work with me lol No one here is going to change anyone's minds. Trumps supporters will always be loyal to him no matter what. I do think that the independents who voted for him are changing their minds though. If you want to be respected in office then you have to give respect in return. And Trump has failed to do that.

Old 03-04-2017, 10:47 PM

12,638 posts, read 8,923,105 times
Obama's administration was more corrupt than Nixon's. Yes, let's fire up the investigations. Put Obama and his disciples behind bars where they belong.

Old 03-04-2017, 10:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoveToRow View Post
Obama's administration was more corrupt than Nixon's. Yes, let's fire up the investigations. Put Obama and his disciples behind bars where they belong.
Why would you even say that when there is no proof. And do we really need to spend more tax dollars on this bogus claim. We already have to pay $500,000 a day to protect Melinia in New York. And Trump going every weekend to Florida is costing us a fortune. He has already spent what Obama spent in a year. Honestly, this is the biggest issue to me. But Trump deflects so people won't focus on his issues.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies