Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-05-2017, 05:35 PM

14,944 posts, read 12,136,035 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnesthesiaMD View Post
Doubt it. I'm sure the last thing he wants is a full investigation.
Also the last thing he would want is the discovery phase of a lawsuit. Would air out a lot of his and his administration's dirty laundry that they don't want the public to see.

With an "investigation", he can carry on as usual, denying, lying, obfuscation, deflecting, having his water carriers feign indignation and moral outrage, attack the investigators, and being the left's Hero, and a Democrat to boot, would probably get away with it. Unless the GOP Congressional members grow a spine and call them on it.

It worked for Hillary.....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-05-2017, 05:38 PM

2,818 posts, read 1,551,463 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Travelassie View Post
Also the last thing he would want is the discovery phase of a lawsuit. Would air out a lot of his and his administration's dirty laundry that they don't want the public to see.

With an "investigation", he can carry on as usual, denying, lying, obfuscation, deflecting, having his water carriers feign indignation and moral outrage, attack the investigators, and being the left's Hero, and a Democrat to boot, would probably get away with it. Unless the GOP Congressional members grow a spine and call them on it.

It worked for Hillary.....
Trump lied. Deal with it like a grown-up.

Old 03-05-2017, 07:08 PM

20,702 posts, read 12,530,402 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldoKitty View Post
Applies to most things. Generally the most simple answer is the correct one.

i.e. Obama illegally tapped Trump's phones and used the information gained as political vendetta.

Link?

Old 03-05-2017, 07:11 PM

21,989 posts, read 15,708,683 times
I missed this thread, this is the question I have. Obama has put up with a ton from Trump. Rather than say a single word, can Obama quietly let his lawyers start the legal process of suing Trump for defamation and demanding compensation to the tune of hundreds of millions of dollars? And why not also sue Trump's minions including Spicer, etc.? And why not go after Hannity, etc.? Just let the lawyers take it from here and make Trump pay until he can't pay any more.

Old 03-05-2017, 07:14 PM

20,702 posts, read 12,530,402 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NxtGen View Post
There is no libel (Trumps comments are written, slander is verbal), what trump stated is verifiable through the court records. Obama did in fact have him wire tapped.

and you know this, how?

Old 03-05-2017, 07:41 PM

12,390 posts, read 7,094,688 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dashrendar4454 View Post
What do you think
Obama won't sue, the last thing he wants is any investigation into his involvement in the surveillance of a political opponent.

Obama understands that he, and his administration got away with the IRS targeting political opponents because of the systematic cover up, Obama doesn't run the DOJ anymore, he may not be able to cover up his involvement in spying on Trump.

Old 03-05-2017, 07:43 PM

5,705 posts, read 3,670,316 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dequindre View Post
Trump has access to this kind of information now, so I'm willing to bet it's at least partially true.
Partial truth? That's putting a lot of faith in Trump.

Old 03-05-2017, 10:05 PM

1,709 posts, read 2,166,566 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thecoalman View Post
That's not the way it works , Obama would have to prove he lied.
You don't understand the burden of proof, do you?

Old 03-05-2017, 10:32 PM

45,676 posts, read 24,004,475 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dequindre View Post
Trump has access to this kind of information now, so I'm willing to bet it's at least partially true.
Are you really that naive?

If it is true...the absolute worst thing that the President can do is tweet about it right now. Do you not understand that? If this allegation had an ounce of integrity -- his handlers -- those keeping him from going off the edge -- who schooled him on how to handle the joint session speech....would say to him -- say nothing...do nothing. Let the officials do the investigation and then you can have your little outburst.

I can't believe that you would think that because Trump said it -- it must be true. Have you not been paying attention to the last three years.

You can argue a whole bunch of stuff -- but the one thing we ALL know for sure...Trump says a whole bunch of made up stuff to support whatever he thinks is important and when proven wrong. Um somebody told me that....I don't know where I heard it.

Old 03-06-2017, 03:31 AM

56,988 posts, read 35,189,362 times
No, he won't.

But he easily could. Winning would be another matter altogether since Obama is a public figure. He'd have to prove that Trump showed malice and wasn't just a paranoid idiot.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies