Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-05-2017, 10:39 PM

45,676 posts, read 24,004,475 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by shadowne View Post
My mistake, you're right. Thank you.
How do you make a mistake like that? So do you just assume a post is incorrect and then make the facts support your argument?

I'm not trying to be a smart ass -- seriously -- I want to know how you did not get Kent Washington out of it....and just assumed it was Kent England. You didn't notice it was a Seattle paper with references throughout to American media & such? Seriously -- how did you get to that conclusion.

This speaks volumes to me of how people interpret the media they read, watch. They don't hear, they don't listen, they assume and then get outraged.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-05-2017, 11:03 PM

10,181 posts, read 10,256,089 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by moneill View Post
How do you make a mistake like that? So do you just assume a post is incorrect and then make the facts support your argument?

I'm not trying to be a smart ass -- seriously -- I want to know how you did not get Kent Washington out of it....and just assumed it was Kent England. You didn't notice it was a Seattle paper with references throughout to American media & such? Seriously -- how did you get to that conclusion.

This speaks volumes to me of how people interpret the media they read, watch. They don't hear, they don't listen, they assume and then get outraged.
It speaks volumes about what one does NOT expect to happen in a town named Kent in the hippy/liberal/la-la-land state of Washington.

Get over it.

The poster apologized.

You want blood?

Old 03-05-2017, 11:08 PM

45,676 posts, read 24,004,475 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Informed Info View Post
It speaks volumes about what one does NOT expect to happen in a town named Kent in the hippy/liberal/la-la-land state of Washington.

Get over it.

The poster apologized.

You want blood?
No blood. I may be simple minded but I can't logically understand how you come to think it happened in England. -- so you are saying that because it was out of the norm for that area it was assumed to happen in Kent England -- which I would bet would not have this kind of thing happen on a regular basis either.

Yeah yeah -- they apologized and I'm not seriously trying to make a personal attack. It's fascinating.
Just curious.......

(pssst..and it's an observation on how we take in information these days. We all have a tendency to not read the black and white but fill in information that isn't there it seems.

Old 03-06-2017, 12:01 AM

10,181 posts, read 10,256,089 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by moneill View Post
No blood. I may be simple minded but I can't logically understand how you come to think it happened in England. -- so you are saying that because it was out of the norm for that area it was assumed to happen in Kent England -- which I would bet would not have this kind of thing happen on a regular basis either.

Yeah yeah -- they apologized and I'm not seriously trying to make a personal attack. It's fascinating.
Just curious.......

(pssst..and it's an observation on how we take in information these days. We all have a tendency to not read the black and white but fill in information that isn't there it seems.
Then why make it in to something it wasn't?

Yeah, EU is so happy-go-lucky.

The HuffPo couldn't delete this fast enough:

HuffPo Removes Blog Post Saying Trump Right About Sweden | The Daily Caller

Quote:
To put things in perspective, I have previously written critical articles about Donald Trump, which is also published on the Huffington post, but these have been left alone without discussion of none of the editors. The difference is that editors more politically accept these articles because it’s critique of Trump. This proves again what unserious medium Huffington Post really is; they obviously just want to hear one side of the story.
Frightening power of abuse by Huffington Post - * * René Zografos

Old 03-06-2017, 12:55 AM

35,061 posts, read 16,995,362 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Informed Info View Post
Depends on the cult.

Ultra-ortho & Hasidic are no better than the Islamic/Muslim nut jobs in any part of the world & DO tend to have huge families & exclude all who aren't like them.

Both cults tend to keep women in their place. Both insist that their women cover themselves...can't touch a female when she might be "unclean". Arranged marriages, have tons of kids, can't get divorced if the hubby and the Rebbe or Imam don't "approve".

Sad.

Us every-day Jews aren't fond of the cults within the religion.
Correct. I'm a Reform Jew.

Old 03-06-2017, 02:02 AM

3,211 posts, read 2,242,132 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ceece View Post
I watched a news report on this just now and think it's WEIRD that so much focus is on the words this person may/may not have used and not the fact that he actually shot someone. Priorities man.
Then you don't understand Liberalism. 4000 people shot last year Chicago and it matters not one bit to a liberal because it doesn't support their deranged narrative. This alleged story about what a man said supports the narrative that they have and finally they have a shooting to celebrate (assuming he didn't make up the story to get attention or to deflect attention away from what he did)

Old 03-06-2017, 08:40 AM

5,462 posts, read 3,034,725 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fibonacci View Post
"Islam isn't a race". Funny how brown Hindu/Sikh people are always the ones who get targeted though. Almost like most Americans already have their minds made up about what "Islam" entails.

Sikh man in Kent says he was told,

Wonder if the gun toting racists would also venture to shoot blonde Bosnian Muslims? Or what about a Muslim that looks like this guy:

http://pbs.twimg.com/profile_images/.../hdnRjEpY.jpeg

But of course if you're brown and wear something on your head you MUST be a terrorist even though you may not be Muslim at all!
Sikhs dont shave their beard or remove their turban. They recently won their right to practice their religion at work - by having beards and turbans - at NYPD.

What happened to assimilation?? Only $ matters.

Old 03-06-2017, 08:48 AM

7,800 posts, read 10,105,281 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShiverMeTimber View Post
How often does this happen though. What sickens me is the kill-a-cop mentality we are seeing growing in our societies. Police do a job daily most of us wouldn't want any relative to do. They deal with the worst parts of society. There arent any anti-muslim demonstrations that I know of and these white on muslim incedents end up being proven false a lot of times. There are massive demostrations against cops though and cops are being targeted and killed for just doiing their job.
You know people have been killing cops since laws were created right? The first American law enforcement officer to be killed in the line of duty was back in 1791. Bad guys didn't just *poof* pop out of nowhere only when Obama became president.

Old 11-17-2018, 12:07 PM

6,617 posts, read 6,541,448 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fibonacci View Post
"Islam isn't a race". Funny how brown Hindu/Sikh people are always the ones who get targeted though. Almost like most Americans already have their minds made up about what "Islam" entails.

Sikh man in Kent says he was told,

Wonder if the gun toting racists would also venture to shoot blonde Bosnian Muslims?
Quote:
Or what about a Muslim that looks like this guy:

http://pbs.twimg.com/profile_images/.../hdnRjEpY.jpeg
But of course if you're brown and wear something on your head you MUST be a terrorist even though you may not be Muslim at all!
If you look at the photos of the terrorists who flew into the world trade centers, do any of them look like him?

Old 11-17-2018, 12:10 PM

14,834 posts, read 7,410,626 times
This kinda thing is more likely when you pump hateful white nativist rhetoric out to millions of low info idiots from the bully pulpit.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies