Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-05-2017, 10:55 AM

3,702 posts, read 4,851,427 times

Advertisements

When will the nut cases that want succession of certain areas realize that we all need each other. This country is much stronger united then if sections break off. How long do you all think it would really be before some wack job in some other country decides to attack? So part of the east coast separates and gets invaded by some nut job led country from far away. What do you do now. The existing US won't be obligated to protect you. What if it was the Northeast Coastal states that seperated? Where is their army as many of this country's volunteers come from the southern states and the heartland! Think for a moment, will you!

Also, this goes for the right and the left just the same. You do realize that just because you are on one side of the political spectrum does not mean your neighbor is on the same side. Whole states as well are never 100% leaning one way. I think the whole country is about half and half, so I'd imagine the states are the same. So, if every left leaning democrat in one state wants to leave the union they must realize that half of the rest of the residents are right leaning republicans who don't want to leave the union. I live in a so called blue state but look it up on a political map and the majority of the state is red. The region I live in is very red but their are a few democrats on this side of the state. And no, this side does not want to leave the union this time around!

Old 03-05-2017, 11:02 AM

41,110 posts, read 25,734,548 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by veuvegirl View Post
We need to stop with division of the country. Seriously telling people to walk in the ocean and leave. Just stop.
Yes I agree but this is exactly the way Democrats want it. Oh and no one dare fight back

Old 03-05-2017, 11:09 AM

9,837 posts, read 4,636,611 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WhyRUMad View Post
So you believe that people who are left handed should march into the ocean?

Sorry. I never went to college and am a Trump voter. I think the coasts should just leave,.
Cool but then who would pY to build your schools, roads, hospitals .....because your red states are all broke. You can't expect Texas and few rad states making it to support you.

Frankly I would love to see the coasts join Canada. But don't worry we would protect your 3rd world broke and uneducated red USA... cause you guys can't afford an army without us blue states funding it for you.

Old 03-05-2017, 11:16 AM

46,961 posts, read 25,990,037 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DontH8Me View Post
Wth is a masculinist state?
Probably something to with guns.

Old 03-05-2017, 11:21 AM

3,615 posts, read 2,330,890 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GotHereQuickAsICould View Post
While it is tempting to imagine that splitting up the nation into the Red States of America and the Blue States of America would solve this never-ending bickering, it would put the Red States at a distinct economic disadvantage.

"The “blue” states currently subsidize the “red” – eight of the 10 states that took in the most net federal dollars are solidly Republican, and all 10 of the states that pay the most net dollars into the federal system are solidly Democratic."

"The Blue States of America would end up with the lion’s share of economic capacity – we’d have California, New York and Chicago, just for starters."

Then there's national defense and military spending.

Blue States would likely want to spend less on guns and more on butter. There could be a treaty agreement for common defense spending at say half or a third of current levels, then each new country could "maintain their own “expeditionary forces,” based overseas, that would be barred from operating in North America. If one of the new countries wants to play World Police, it can do so and bear those costs."

What would happen if the red states actually seceded? - Salon.com
Texas and Florida pay out more than they receive but you dont hear them whining like blue state metros because you guys dont even have the first clue of federal spending and whats its on, primarily military and retiree spending, Certain states have alot more bases and veterans and retirees than other states, a blue state like new mexico receives alot of federal spending because it has a ton of military research, the part of the federal spending that goes to welfare in red states goes to Democrat voters in red states.

Personally I actually believe we are moving towards a new nation, the trump campaign , like every campaign just demonstrates the enormous racial divide and hate that exists in this country. Red states make up 6 of the largest gsps in the country, 6 of the top 10 fortune 500s are headquartered in red states, red states make up half the countries economy and its where the energy and natural resources are .

A state like Texas alone has a more powerful economy and a larger gsp than 11 of the blue states combined

America is a very fractured nation, many of the blue states are really just large blue metros surrounded by red counties. Alot of those liberal blue metros are bigger than many European nations, they should be fine on their own. I dont have a problem with thinking about a new nation, our cities and infrastructure are terrible, politics is fractured and stagnant and nothing gets done.

Old 03-05-2017, 11:28 AM

9,837 posts, read 4,636,611 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by floridanative10 View Post
Texas and Florida pay out more than they receive but you dont hear them whining like blue state metros because you guys dont even have the first clue of federal spending and whats its on, primarily military and retiree spending, Certain states have alot more bases and veterans and retirees than other states, a blue state like new mexico receives alot of federal spending because it has a ton of military research, the part of the federal spending that goes to welfare in red states goes to Democrat voters in red states.

Personally I actually believe we are moving towards a new nation, the trump campaign , like every campaign just demonstrates the enormous racial divide and hate that exists in this country. Red states make up 6 of the largest gsps in the country, 6 of the top 10 fortune 500s are headquartered in red states, red states make up half the countries economy and its where the energy and natural resources are .

A state like Texas alone has a more powerful economy and a larger gsp than 11 of the blue states combined

America is a very fractured nation, many of the blue states are really just large blue metros surrounded by red counties. Alot of those liberal blue metros are bigger than many European nations, they should be fine on their own. I dont have a problem with thinking about a new nation, our cities and infrastructure are terrible, politics is fractured and stagnant and nothing gets done.
and CA has an economy that dwarfs texas. so tell us more.

The real issue is that the coasts have all the money, all the tech all the skills . Poor texas would be carrying a massive burden and FL would run out of retirees bringing their wealth from the coasts...

frankly the coasts need the center only for transit to and from the coasts...

Old 03-05-2017, 11:31 AM

Location: Live:Downtown Phoenix, AZ/Work:Greater Los Angeles, CA
27,606 posts, read 14,604,784 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slater View Post
It would go a long way toward reconciliation if the Blue-state folks would keep their politics contained within their borders. Then us Red-staters would have SO much less to worry about
As a Democrat living in your state, AZ is not solid red anymore. In fact Hillary came within 2% of Cheetah in the general here

Old 03-05-2017, 11:34 AM

Location: Live:Downtown Phoenix, AZ/Work:Greater Los Angeles, CA
27,606 posts, read 14,604,784 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by petch751 View Post
All I know is there was no reason for me to invest to grow my company during the Obama administration and I relaxed in cruise mode. It's been good. If I had invested to grow I would have it would have cost a lot of money, I would have had to kick into hyperdrive again and i also would have needed to hire more employee's.

When Trump was elected I seriously considering and was contacting companies (product and service vendors) again. I talked to other business owners and they were saying the same. Now that I see how Democrats are acting and trying everything they can to prevent Trump I'm opting not to reinvest until they settle down. I'm going to stay on cruise mode.
Why would you slack just because a D is president instead of an R? Seems immature to me

Old 03-05-2017, 11:36 AM

All I know is there was no reason for me to invest to grow my company during the Obama era and I relaxed in cruise mode. It's been good. If I had invested to grow I would have it would have cost a lot of money, I would have had to kick into hyperdrive again and i also would have needed to hire more employee's.

When Trump was elected I seriously considered investing to grow and was contacting companies (product and service vendors) again. Now that I see how Democrats are acting and trying everything they can to prevent Trump I'm backing off and will reconsider at a later time. Talking to other business owners they were saying the same. I'm opting not to reinvest until Democrats settle down if they ever do. I'm going to stay on cruise mode.

This is hurting the American people who want to work.

Old 03-05-2017, 11:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FirebirdCamaro1220 View Post
Why would you slack just because a D is president instead of an R? Seems immature to me
Because Obama and Democrats took away the profit drive. Why would I invest money, work harder, have to deal with employee's, worry about making payroll and hope I made the right decision and be able to recoup my investment in a reasonable amount of time only to be taxed at such a high rate? Also, my time is valuable and if high taxes reduces the value of my time I opt to spend my time in more enjoyable ways.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies