Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-05-2017, 08:20 AM

18,984 posts, read 9,067,948 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by janelle144 View Post
Further Proof That The Angry 'Republicans' At Town Hall Meetings Are Actually Democrats

"Sadly, many people were turned away from this event, because it reached its capacity. Translation: Liberals posing as conservatives hogged all the seats. But who cares, right? Screw the poor people of Breaux Bridge."

Sore losers trying to disrupt people from getting help.
So to clarify, you believe that only conservatives should have access to their representatives? That those who disagree with their congress person should be denied their right to confront him because they are not conservative enough to be granted that "privilege"?

Did you feel that way when the Tea Party was disrupting town halls?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-05-2017, 08:24 AM

25,231 posts, read 16,929,539 times
I thought Town Hall Meetings were for All Citizens, it comes as news that is only meant for the Faithful, so what is the point of them if people cannot speak their minds and voice their concerns, is it all just for show?

Old 03-05-2017, 08:37 AM

25,826 posts, read 20,692,117 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JanND View Post
They need to start checking ID's at the door and admitting people only from the district holding a town hall meeting. Then you can get them for identity theft and disruption. Start fighting fire with fire.

Or hold them online, like a webinar then you can cut off anyone causing disruptions.
That is already done in most places.

Are people really so naive as to believe that each of these districts is made up of only conservatives?

Really?

Old 03-05-2017, 08:39 AM

10,190 posts, read 7,948,920 times
I am not surprised. I thought that from the start. We will find out more as time goes on what the libs are doing.

Old 03-05-2017, 08:40 AM

25,826 posts, read 20,692,117 times
Quote:

For the concerns they came to talk about and get answers. Town halls are a chance to talk to your representatives.
There are a lot of people on both sides of the aisle who don't want to lose their healthcare and want their representatives to know it.
To assume otherwise is rather shallow thinking.

Old 03-05-2017, 08:41 AM

18,984 posts, read 9,067,948 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scotty011 View Post
I am not surprised. I thought that from the start. We will find out more as time goes on what the libs are doing.
The "libs" are doing what the Tea Party did six years ago. How did you feel about them showing up at town halls in 2010?

Old 03-05-2017, 08:44 AM

9,909 posts, read 7,689,224 times
Still whats the big deal of someone interrupting these Town Hall meetings. People have a right to free speech. If they want can modernize it go online and people submit their questions. Then can pick out questions they want to answer.

Old 03-05-2017, 08:45 AM

46,259 posts, read 27,074,383 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Casper in Dallas View Post
I thought Town Hall Meetings were for All Citizens, it comes as news that is only meant for the Faithful, so what is the point of them if people cannot speak their minds and voice their concerns, is it all just for show?
They are, but let me ask you....would you listen to a person who is yelling at you or a person who is talking to you? Why does the left think yelling is the best way?

I cannot remember the representatives name in Alabama, but he will not have town halls due to the stupidity of some people across the U.S., because the left turns these into commercials and turn and twist the actual content....So what he does is sit down with them, in his office.....in groups of 5 - 10....

Now, tell me what will get more done? Yelling or talking with your representative?

Also, if a person who lives in California and comes to Alabama and starts yelling and screaming at my representative, what does that actually do or accomplish?

Old 03-05-2017, 08:47 AM

46,259 posts, read 27,074,383 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JAMS14 View Post
The "libs" are doing what the Tea Party did six years ago. How did you feel about them showing up at town halls in 2010?
Really, maybe provide some links and video of the tea party shouting down their representatives......

I don't seem to remember it being that way....maybe you can prove me wrong....

Old 03-05-2017, 08:48 AM

15,706 posts, read 11,767,786 times
Quote:
Further Proof That The Angry 'Republicans' At Town Hall Meetings Are Actually Democrats

"Sadly, many people were turned away from this event, because it reached its capacity. Translation: Liberals posing as conservatives hogged all the seats. But who cares, right? Screw the poor people of Breaux Bridge."

Sore losers trying to disrupt people from getting help.
Democrats exist in those districts too and are allowed to go to town halls of their representative. Republicans don't just represent other Republican voters.

What a stupid thread.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies