Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-06-2017, 04:57 AM

1,194 posts, read 726,264 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Yes. I am he daughter of a 30 year career US Army officer. My father fought in WWII, Korea, and did two tours in Vietnam just so people like you would still have freedom of speech and all the other rights we have guaranteed under the Constitution - never mind our high standard of living, our great institutions of education, some of the best scientists and scientific breakthroughs in history - the list goes on and on.

We on the Left love our Democracy and we will fight for it. If the Right wants to sit back and whine, we will STILL fight for our country. If you are angry because our Great Country has made such strides that our children don't have to drop out of school to take some crummy job just to survive, if it upsets you that our military might has prevented a foreign power from invading us and starting a battle on our native soil, and the rest of the gang around here agree with you, then you all should just leave the United States and never come back. I understand that Antarctica may soon be wide open for new settlers. Should be a good place for cowards and whiners to hide out. Your flagrant stance of self-pity serves you ill.

I thank your father for his services. BTW...FYI, it wasn't right wingers that called vietnam vets like your father "baby killers" and spat on them!!!

Old 03-06-2017, 05:01 AM

7,814 posts, read 6,391,086 times
If things get bad enough for a draft, we're going to need people who aren't rendered catatonic when they hear the wrong gender pronouns.

Old 03-06-2017, 01:35 PM

23,707 posts, read 30,745,228 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by American Expat View Post
I'm a veteran and son of a veteran and I discouraged my kids from joining the military and they see no reason to do so. We are headed into the toilet as far as I can tell.
I'm a veteran of a early 80's action. I neither encouraged or discouraged both my sons from joining the military. They both entered the military for their own reasons.

Semper Fi.

Old 03-06-2017, 01:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by petch751 View Post
Wait until this generation has to fight for you. At least they'll really need to dig and know the true meaning of needing safe spaces. They'll be like Saddam Hussein's troops in Desert Storm waving the surrender flag.
This generation is doing just fine. I saw them in action last year in Iraq while I was there doing a contract IT repair.

Old 03-07-2017, 04:01 PM

9,470 posts, read 9,371,787 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PedroMartinez View Post
Don't worry, I know that many of you liberals love war and sending our troops off to die.

You're probably fairly pissed right now that we aren't fighting the Russians in Ukraine.
Uh, it was George W. Bush and Dick Cheney, REPUBLICANS, who got us into the war in Iraq. Were you born yet at that time?

Old 03-07-2017, 04:02 PM

626 posts, read 380,971 times
I would fight now that Trump is president if I felt called to do so.

I would NOT fight for Obama or Hillary

Old 03-08-2017, 12:28 PM

9,470 posts, read 9,371,787 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lordwillin02 View Post
I would fight now that Trump is president if I felt called to do so.

I would NOT fight for Obama or Hillary
Wow, the way Trump lies, I'd be afraid that we'd have a FAKE war. Good luck with him...

Old 03-08-2017, 12:47 PM

10,920 posts, read 6,909,384 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EDnurse View Post
Are you active duty?

They said the same thing about the hippie generation (aka baby boomers) and we're still here.

The majority of the politicians today either dodged the draft or haven't served in the military.

My congressman, Trent Franks R-8th CD. AZ, hasn't worked a single day in the past 16 years of his life in Congress. The man has done NOTHING. Yet, he gets paid and blind Republicans keep voting for him.
The only ones who can destroy this country is the crew that's in charge in DC.

Did you vote for any of them? I voted for the pothead.
I take issue with "this generation has never faced hardship" - how about entering the workforce during one of the worst recessions in the US' history?

I'm not saying "we have it bad" - but we have had to work through crappy situations at the beginning of our careers. I consider myself lucky that I was able to find a niche for my career - but many of my peers from my college years struggled for years before landing on their feet (losing many years of valuable experience and retirement savings in the process).

Please shove this generation nonsense, OP.

Old 03-08-2017, 05:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HockeyMac18 View Post
I take issue with "this generation has never faced hardship" - how about entering the workforce during one of the worst recessions in the US' history?

I'm not saying "we have it bad" - but we have had to work through crappy situations at the beginning of our careers. I consider myself lucky that I was able to find a niche for my career - but many of my peers from my college years struggled for years before landing on their feet (losing many years of valuable experience and retirement savings in the process).

Please shove this generation nonsense, OP.
Your comparing the Korean War & Viet Nam War generations to the Burst Bubble generation? Are you kidding???

Old 03-08-2017, 05:55 PM

10,920 posts, read 6,909,384 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pruzhany View Post
Your comparing the Korean War & Viet Nam War generations to the Burst Bubble generation? Are you kidding???
I am? Do please point out that sentence in my post for me.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies