Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-05-2017, 08:42 PM

2,411 posts, read 1,973,733 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by skepticratic View Post
Who's calling for genocide? I'm technically a 'leftist' and I support no genocide.
There may come a time when there is guilt by association going on. Oh wait, we already see a lot of that here on this board or accusations of it.

That said, there are so many slices of what is apparently called 'the left', 'leftist', liberal, etc. that no one knows any more what bit of the spectrum anyone is on any more, or what they support/tolerate or won't support/tolerate. And just being an admitted Democrat doesn't tell us anything any more either. I have no idea what that stands for any more.

So .. you are one of the 'I don't support 'genocide' leftists' then I guess. What DO you support?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-06-2017, 05:27 AM

21 posts, read 8,117 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by greywar View Post
You are right on one thing, there is no comparison to murdering people, and breaking things. And youa re right about another thing. nut jobs and outliers. And yet thats EXACTLY what people here do to the left over and over. You think the millions of registered democrats are out there rioting? Nope. The vast majority of us are busy at work. The VAST majority of those who do demonstrate, do so peacefully.

Do you see the hypocrisy of this thread now?
In face of the overwhelming evidence I showed here, you still are in denial.

You mentioned two isolated incidents. That pales in comparison.

According to the videos posted, Trump supporters were merely showing their support publicly before people in masks started showing up shouting obscenities.

And I've posted a number of different rallies from different states around the country. All with a similar paradigm. The left are the ones interrupting a peaceful Trump rally.

All you have to do is watch the videos I posted. The evidence speaks for itself.

Old 03-06-2017, 05:38 AM

21 posts, read 8,117 times
Quote:
Those isolated incidents aren't unimportant, particularly if there's been an increase in them (I don't know if there has been).

The thing about protests, many have been peaceful and the ones that aren't usually just take one person to get it gong. When it's a group, there's a group mentality. That's the downside of protests. It creates the illusion that most liberals are willing to do horrible things. I'd say that the many who are destroying property and being generally rude would never dare do so on their own. The few who do behave like this on their own are the really frightening ones. By virtue of conservatives generally being less inclined to protests, their outlier lone wolf types are more obvious. The liberal ones have the advantage of being hidden in a crowd.
No the two isolated incidents are not unimportant, but you are comparing apples to oranges.

What is shown in the video is a consistent behavior among a group of people in different locations across the country on the same day. They are not "hiding in the crowd" as normal adults would listening to the speech. They all have masks on to hide their identity as a terrorist would.

This doesn't mean that all Democrats present with this behavior. It does mean that a significant proportion of them do.

All of them start with a Pro-Trump speaker stating things positively about Trump publicly only to be met with shouts of obscenities from a group of people wearing masks. Eventually the Trump supporters are the recipients of physical aggression that equivocates to charges of Assault and Battery, which some of them I'm sure will be charged with.

As for the idealistic ideations of the Democrat party, we can see how well it's worked as we see the problems of our nation today weaker than ever burdened with a 20 Trillion Dollar national debt.

It doesn't work. Yes you and others can look at Sweden to see the problems of unregulated immigration. I could go all day to demonstrate the flaws, but one only has to look at the condition of this country to see how the Democratic philosophy does not work.

Old 03-06-2017, 05:47 AM

9,718 posts, read 14,256,523 times
Liberals are Un-American; it's now been proven.

Instead of supporting an Elected President, they choose to fight him at every turn, wire tap him, hurl insults, make up lies, violently demonstrate against him, obstruct justice, and slow the process, instead of helping to Make America Great Again.

(disclosure) I was a democrat 40 years ago, saw what was happening, and had sense enough to stop supporting that corrupt party. What about the rest of you?

Old 03-06-2017, 06:11 AM

38,647 posts, read 26,366,979 times
Quote:
I think unwarranted violence is wrong regardless of it being left or right. This makes me a minority.

Hmmm...I saw the violence initiated by the left but not the right.

Am I missing something?

Trump Supporters Beaten and Bloodied in Berkeley | LifeZette

Old 03-06-2017, 06:38 AM

1,132 posts, read 2,123,834 times
Its time to fill the prisons with all the criminals who violently attack Trump supporters.

Old 03-06-2017, 06:47 AM

5,658 posts, read 6,273,519 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mlee81 View Post
No the two isolated incidents are not unimportant...

This doesn't mean that all Democrats present with this behavior. It does mean that a significant proportion of them do...
I think another element is that everyone is pretty much unanimous in their rightful condemnation of the attackers in the two incidents, while some Democrats / leftists / liberals, though they didn't participate, for some reason feel drawn to defend the Regressive Left / Antifa / Black Bloc agitation and violence.

Old 03-06-2017, 06:50 AM

21,461 posts, read 10,564,642 times
Quote:
You live in a weird world. If there are riots and such, those people are all "leftists" so... they're still around. And if you step outside your bubble, you'd know that there are plenty of mainstream liberals disappointed in the current Democratic party and behavior of their peers.
I believe this is just a segment of the left, the ones being paid to do this. What bothers me is that there are big money donors supporting Democrats who would pay for this violent chaos. The average Democrat voter is a nice person, but when your leadership wants this to happen I cannot support them.

Old 03-06-2017, 06:51 AM

9,267 posts, read 5,116,118 times
Quote:
I think unwarranted violence is wrong regardless of it being left or right. This makes me a minority.
So......you're only for warranted violence. Take a side.

Old 03-06-2017, 06:53 AM

9,267 posts, read 5,116,118 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by southeasttexas View Post
Its time to fill the prisons with all the criminals who violently attack Trump supporters.
Use them to build "the wall". Pink Floyd would play in the background!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies