Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-05-2017, 09:14 PM

19,719 posts, read 16,779,154 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevek64 View Post
I minimize nothing, just deal in reality. And seeing how the last admin got away with so much:

IRS Focused On Tea Party And Conservative Groups According To Court Filings : NPR

https://www.yahoo.com/news/blogs/tic...134204299.html

"The Justice Department spied extensively on Fox News reporter James Rosen in 2010, collecting his telephone records, tracking his movements in and out of the State Department and seizing two days of Rosen’s personal emails, the Washington Post reported on Monday."

Bill Clinton, AG Loretta Lynch meet on tarmac in Phoenix - CBS News

etc, etc, etc., the bar is set ultra high on what is prosecutable anymore so your hopes of catching trump in anything is less than zero.

As for "failing".....as I said earlier, enjoy the media/dem machine propoganda whine/hype machine if it makes you feel better but most rational/reasonable people will wait to judge someone based on the job one has done after years of being in office, not weeks or months. And of which he's done a bunch more things already than most presidents far into their term but I understand his rollbacks of exectuive orders by the former admin and his own aren't your cup of tea, that doesn't fit into the narriative that "he is failing".

Long way to go Don, at least 4 years, probably eight. Buckle up and take a chill pill.....it's all out of your control. You're party is very unpopular and has been for years now, getting more unpopular all the time and I know that's painful to many dem/left posters here but it's the hard reality:

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2016...der-obama.html

"The Democratic Party suffered huge losses at every level during Obama’s West Wing tenure.

The grand total: a net loss of 1,042 state and federal Democratic posts, including congressional and state legislative seats, governorships and the presidency."

I'm so very sorry you life is so much worse than it was 8 years ago, Stevie. Me, and a lot of other people, are in much better shape today then when Obama took over. I guess you are unemployed and homeless, otherwise you would not have such a negative outlook on what he did for America.

Don't sweat it , though, the rest of us know how much better off we are because of him, and we really don't care what your side thinks.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-05-2017, 09:19 PM

7,068 posts, read 6,447,935 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by don1945 View Post
I'm so very sorry you life is so much worse than it was 8 years ago, Stevie. Mine, and a lot of other people, are in much better shape today then when Obama took over. I guess you are unemployed and homeless, otherwise you would not have such a negative outlook on what he did for America.

Don't sweat it , though, the rest of us know how much better off we are because of him, and we really don't care what your side thinks.
It doesn't matter what that my life is better/not better....the reality for our situation is it has nothing to do with the last pres or the previous for that matter or the previous before that. But what I can say is ask those in the inner cities like chicago with the soaring murder rates how they are doing/done under obama/dem control, those who lost their doctors to the "you can keep your own doctor!" lie, obamacare premiums soaring by 100+% in many states, etc., talk to them how their life was under the last regime. And how black america has done under obama:

Is Black America Better Off Under Obama? | BlackPressUSA

I've always found it's nice to look beyond ourselves and see how many american's have been negatively impacted by the last admin.

And the biggest proof.......

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2016...der-obama.html

"The Democratic Party suffered huge losses at every level during Obama’s West Wing tenure.

The grand total: a net loss of 1,042 state and federal Democratic posts, including congressional and state legislative seats, governorships and the presidency."

If the dems/obama have done so well for america, how did the dems lose over 1000(!) seats in state and fed seats?

Fail.

Big time.

Old 03-05-2017, 09:43 PM

19,719 posts, read 16,779,154 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stevek64 View Post
If the dems/obama have done so well for america, how did the dems lose over 1000(!) seats in state and fed seats?

Fail.

Big time.

That is the $64,000 question. For reasons beyond my understanding, there are a whole lot of unhappy people in this world today. I think some of them dislike Obama simply because of him being black. They would not give him credit for anything if he cured Cancer, gave every American a million bucks, and walked on water. They were upset to see that a black man did a better job than the previous rich, white guy.

They won't come right out and tell you that, but every so often a little of their prejudices slip out, and they give themselves away. But, there are more reasons for this dissatisfaction than that, but there is not time or space to discuss all of it here.

Old 03-05-2017, 09:53 PM

7,068 posts, read 6,447,935 times
Quote:
That is the $64,000 question. For reasons beyond my understanding, there are a whole lot of unhappy people in this world today. I think some of them dislike Obama simply because of him being black. They would not give him credit for anything if he cured Cancer, gave every American a million bucks, and walked on water. They were upset to see that a black man did a better job than the previous rich, white guy.

They won't come right out and tell you that, but every so often a little of their prejudices slip out, and they give themselves away. But, there are more reasons for this dissatisfaction than that, but there is not time or space to discuss all of it here.
Wait, are you talking about obama here or trump? Just replace "black" with "rich" and the prejudice talk against "the orange man" that I hear you and many say against him and your statement in bold above is a 100% match for trump. Why do have against white people, insulting them for their hair, ie "orange", and because he's rich? Racist! See, I can play that game. But I do understand you, like many others, feel prejudice is a one way street. Hint: It's a 2 way street.

As for the reasons your dem buddies have been losing for so many years now it's beyond simple....the voting public has lost faith in their direction they are taking the country and feel they aren't up to task to do the job. Plain and simple.

Old 03-05-2017, 09:54 PM

3,211 posts, read 2,233,510 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OnOurWayHome View Post
Delusional Fake News...another great week for your Orange Master.

Old 03-05-2017, 10:17 PM

2,294 posts, read 2,653,599 times
Quote:
I'm so very sorry you life is so much worse than it was 8 years ago, Stevie. Me, and a lot of other people, are in much better shape today then when Obama took over. I guess you are unemployed and homeless, otherwise you would not have such a negative outlook on what he did for America.

And don't worry, those of us who are much better off because of Obama will make sure it TRICKLES DOWN to you Trump voters!

Old 03-05-2017, 11:29 PM

45,676 posts, read 23,932,524 times
I think the public admission that the health care issue was more complicated than ANYBODY could know was the admission to the world that he had know idea what he was getting into.

Old 03-06-2017, 12:06 AM

7,181 posts, read 4,747,145 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stburr91 View Post
People illegally leaking classified information is Trump bringing it on himself?
NONE of the leaked info is classified. NONE. It's embarrassing to Trump, but it isn't classified.

Old 03-06-2017, 12:22 AM

7,181 posts, read 4,747,145 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nightbird47 View Post
He needs to grow up. People don't have to like him OR agree with him, and when they doubt him they are doing what people do. People who can't find enough self respect inside themselves to not let others doubt or perceptions get them mad are their own worse enemy. He likes it when people cheer and clap. But when people express doubts and distrust, he's a five year old who didn't get his way. Just because your title reads 'president' doesn't mean you are, not if you can't act the part and be presidental in the face of the people who don't like you too.

And the tweets... If I was an employer, and I found someone who kept tweeting how people at work were mean, and everyone was out to get you, and even I, the one who put you there wasn't 'respecting' you properly, I'd fire you. Given that he doesn't seem to be able to put down the phone, and doesn't listen to anyone I am quite sure this is all going to end very badly for him.

Hopefully it will set an example of HOW a president is espected to behave. It STARTED when he stood in front of the memorial on the day of the inagural to have a press talk, a spot where the CIA has established as a memorial to its dead, not considered a good spot for photo ops.

As for the ACA, as one with a policy, skip your 'replacement' with 'tax credits' (how many people who have one will not have any help from 'tax credits'). Systems get better by running and fixing and it is unacceptable to dump thousands of people off their health care within a system which already established. REAL presindents don't disregard the needs of people who they were elected to serve on a politcal whim.
He's 70 years old. He's not going to grow up. He's shameless. At the rate he's going, they're going to have to take him away in a rubber truck

Old 03-06-2017, 03:56 AM

8,665 posts, read 5,826,592 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EDnurse View Post
NONE of the leaked info is classified. NONE. It's embarrassing to Trump, but it isn't classified.

ROTFLMBO! The true reason he had a melt down is because the Jeff Session's recusal story stole his thunder and ended his 1-day of basking in glory from usual rant-free Presidential address to congress!

Can you imagine how hard it must have been to keep his usual PRICKY comments out of that speech?

But alas ..... he only got 1-day of the warm fuzzies from it!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies