Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-07-2017, 08:56 PM

6,927 posts, read 6,942,450 times

Advertisements

GREENVILLE GAZETTE

Republican presidential candidate Donald Trump alleged he has been audited year after year by the IRS since president Obama’s election because he is a good Christian:

This was his sad attempt at a comeback to Republican presidential candidates Sens. Ted Cruz (R-TX) and Marco Rubio (R-FL) during Thursday’s debate in which they called out Trump for not releasing his tax forms to the public. Mitt Romney, the unsuccessful Republican presidential candidate, claimed Trump’s taxes held a “bombshell.” Trump gave another sad (and untrue) response alleging he could not release his documents while under audit by the Internal Revenue Service (IRS).

IRS Chief John Koskinen explained in an interview with C-SPAN, “The taxpayer controls his returns. There’s nothing in an IRS audit process generally that would keep you from sharing that information generally, any way you wanted to.”

Why is Trump the only President/Presidential candidate in fifty years who has refused to release his tax returns? He continues to make crazy excuses and each is more outrageous than the last. I'm a Christian, and I try to be a "good" one, and I've never been audited and neither have any of my friends. The only person I know who got audited by the IRS was a neighbor who just flat out refused to pay his taxes. Why is it that Trump never seems to be able to tell the truth about ANYTHING?

Old 03-07-2017, 09:00 PM

3,211 posts, read 2,245,546 times
Koskinen is the biggest liar and most corrupt and dishonest person in DC and should be prosecuted for how he treated Americans that he disagreed with using the power of the IRS to commit highly prejudicial decisions negatively impacting those Conservative individuals and groups...I loathe that man.

Old 03-07-2017, 09:00 PM

11,578 posts, read 13,955,586 times
Nice link LOL

Old 03-07-2017, 09:04 PM

21,155 posts, read 19,742,228 times
I never heard Trump make the Christian excuse and find it doubtful because he never claimed to be a good Christian. I've only heard him use the excuse that he is being audited.

Old 03-07-2017, 09:06 PM

12,391 posts, read 7,103,495 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Colorado Rambler View Post
GREENVILLE GAZETTE

Republican presidential candidate Donald Trump alleged he has been audited year after year by the IRS since president Obama’s election because he is a good Christian:

This was his sad attempt at a comeback to Republican presidential candidates Sens. Ted Cruz (R-TX) and Marco Rubio (R-FL) during Thursday’s debate in which they called out Trump for not releasing his tax forms to the public. Mitt Romney, the unsuccessful Republican presidential candidate, claimed Trump’s taxes held a “bombshell.” Trump gave another sad (and untrue) response alleging he could not release his documents while under audit by the Internal Revenue Service (IRS).

IRS Chief John Koskinen explained in an interview with C-SPAN, “The taxpayer controls his returns. There’s nothing in an IRS audit process generally that would keep you from sharing that information generally, any way you wanted to.”

Why is Trump the only President/Presidential candidate in fifty years who has refused to release his tax returns? He continues to make crazy excuses and each is more outrageous than the last. I'm a Christian, and I try to be a "good" one, and I've never been audited and neither have any of my friends. The only person I know who got audited by the IRS was a neighbor who just flat out refused to pay his taxes. Why is it that Trump never seems to be able to tell the truth about ANYTHING?
Nice fake thread title. LoL

Old 03-07-2017, 09:08 PM

2,727 posts, read 2,835,847 times
I am generally all for government transparency but I support trump not releasing his taxes. The press and the Democratic Party are in an all out coordinated effort to undermine him....and it's very easy to find things you can twist in tax returns so complex.

Funny people calling for it likely take their W2 to HR Block for help.

Old 03-07-2017, 09:09 PM

1,728 posts, read 3,127,210 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by American Expat View Post
Koskinen is the biggest liar and most corrupt and dishonest person in DC and should be prosecuted for how he treated Americans that he disagreed with using the power of the IRS to commit highly prejudicial decisions negatively impacting those Conservative individuals and groups...I loathe that man.
Nice, is this the 'when truth stares you in the face, just attack the messenger tactic?'

Old 03-07-2017, 09:12 PM

12,270 posts, read 11,337,216 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kimchee View Post
Nice, is this the 'when truth stares you in the face, just attack the messenger tactic?'
Are you kidding ? You know nothing about Koskinen? No one here will take you seriously for a second

Old 03-07-2017, 09:13 PM

78,448 posts, read 60,652,129 times
Wow. Almost seems like this thread was started by a Trump supporter.

Sadly, we will never know because these stupid birther-style threads just keep coming and coming.

So, it's hard to say if it's real partisan crazy or planted stuff to make the opposition look bad.

Old 03-07-2017, 09:14 PM

18,069 posts, read 18,832,764 times
It is no one's business what his tax returns are. Unless the IRS finds illegal activity, then I do not see what the big damn deal is over this.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies