Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-06-2017, 02:24 AM

7,605 posts, read 4,844,197 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loveshiscountry View Post
The only candidate in 2008 and 2012 who correctly told us of a housing boom and bust. As well as tell us our foreign policy of occupy and invade would make us less safe.
He, nor his son, are the crazy ones here. Wake up.

So Ron Paul was wrong on the Housing Bubble, when he blamed it on Fannie and Freddie, and wrong on the collapse of the dollar.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-06-2017, 06:50 AM

6,897 posts, read 4,751,121 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by njforlife92 View Post
The troops would be home, the budget would be balanced, taxes would be lower, we'd see millions of jobs created, we'd have fewer people in poverty, we'd have sound money, and our individual liberties would be secured.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4AmY-fW3gdc

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EiNGnNRADwk

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SZPfJWn9VEg
I agree 100%

Old 03-06-2017, 06:53 AM

39,223 posts, read 27,589,701 times
agreed! I like Ron Paul. I think he is one of the few politicians who really care about the nation.

Old 03-06-2017, 07:03 AM

9,338 posts, read 7,108,703 times
Quote:
Had Ron Paul won in 2008..... The troops would be home, the budget would be balanced, taxes would be lower, we'd see millions of jobs created, we'd have fewer people in poverty, we'd have sound money, and our individual liberties would be secured.
The funniest thing about posts like these is that folks speak with such confidence as if they're absolutely certain of everything they're saying. Going on about how different everything would be. You have absolutely no idea what would have happened.

Pass me that crystal ball so I too can look into the alternate universe you're seeing.

Old 03-06-2017, 07:16 AM

63,919 posts, read 46,725,169 times
Ron Paul recieved 1.16 % of the primary Electorial delegates.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Repu...rimaries,_2008

Despite all his years in Congress, Ron Paul was not very effective in terms of passing his own legislation or stopping other legislation.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/polit...=.c67fc8d34ac4

Had he been elected, Congree would have perfected the art of a veto- proof bill.

At the other end of the spectrum, Bernie would have had the same effect.

Old 03-06-2017, 07:22 AM

7,168 posts, read 5,364,890 times
Sometimes those crystal balls are cracked I know I looked through a few of them. If Paul was president I doubt he could get a balanced budget. Those big spending conservatives will have none of that when every year they lobby for increased spending to feed the MIC. Paul's ideas would not see the light of day even with a {R} controlled congress. When I hear {R} leaders talk about balanced budgets I know they are full of it and just blowing smoke.

Old 03-06-2017, 09:45 AM

3,617 posts, read 1,820,960 times
Quote:
The troops would be home, the budget would be balanced, taxes would be lower, we'd see millions of jobs created, we'd have fewer people in poverty, we'd have sound money, and our individual liberties would be secured.

As much as I like Ron Paul and his stated positions, he is and was too much of a politician to get anything he advocated for, except maybe to bring home our troops from military fighting, because congress, both the left and right would have prevented him. Dr. Paul did not have the willingness to go against the Constitution by accomplishing his goals via executive order, so most of it would have never happened.

Old 03-06-2017, 10:00 AM

9,911 posts, read 7,693,961 times
I would of voted for Ron Paul if he ran this previous election.

His son Rand Paul has great ideas, but sticks to the GOP Party. Hopefully by 2020 will go against the GOP Party and run for POTUS.

Old 03-06-2017, 10:09 AM

37,949 posts, read 17,859,151 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WilliamSmyth View Post
So Ron Paul was wrong on the Housing Bubble, when he blamed it on Fannie and Freddie, and wrong on the collapse of the dollar.
He didn't blame it on Freddie and Fannie. They were a symptom. In the very short video he blamed it on the easy credit which once again ruined the economy. Congress bypassing the free market in housing.
It was the first thing mentioned by Joe "The special privileges granted Fannie and Freddie.... they could not attract by pure market conditions"

Last edited by Loveshiscountry; 03-06-2017 at 10:18 AM..

Old 03-06-2017, 10:16 AM

37,949 posts, read 17,859,151 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KS_Referee View Post
As much as I like Ron Paul and his stated positions, he is and was too much of a politician to get anything he advocated for, except maybe to bring home our troops from military fighting, because congress, both the left and right would have prevented him. Dr. Paul did not have the willingness to go against the Constitution by accomplishing his goals via executive order, so most of it would have never happened.
Bringing the troops home would definitely have happened. The president controls troop movements and can bring the troops home at any time.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies