Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-06-2017, 12:23 PM

21,989 posts, read 15,713,056 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Antoinette118 View Post
The Democratic politicians disgust me. They are anti American, anti everything. Rather than work with the President and his Administration, they have become obstructionists.
They have no platform except for whining, complaining, threatening, and spreading fake news.
These dem politicians are imbeciles, constantly in a state of hysterics and should be fired for not doing performing their legislative duties.
I support Congressional term limits for all politicians.
Why would they work with Trump after Republicans refused to work with Obama? Further, they do not agree with Trump and Trump's approval rating has been consistently lower than any new president I've seen. Trump never got a honeymoon period, he started out badly and has remained so. Democrats can read polls, they can see that Trump is not a good bet.

Old 03-06-2017, 12:23 PM
exm

3,721 posts, read 1,780,990 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by moneill View Post
I'm a moderate and I'm not being pushed away. I keep hoping things will settle down with the new President and then he goes and tweets and I'm starting to think those extremists on the left may have a point. (I don't do extreme at either end so I usually don't side with anybody -- I don't do boycotts and protests and name calling).

I have a few Republican friends who I respect....we discuss policy and rarely talk about the lack of integrity of the man they voted for. They avoid that whole topic like a hot potato. They don't like him at all and voted Republican not for Trump.

BUT comments and silly questions like the OP here makes me wonder if the bulk of Republicans are really this ridiculous? I don't think so right?
I would be concerned if you 'start to think those extremist on the left may have a point'. And then you point out the "ridiculous comments" from the Republicans. Wait: there are no ridiculous comments from Democrats? Sounds to me you're a closet liberal which is okay.

The Democrats think that playing the obstructionist game will work for them. It will work for their CA/NY base, but it will decimate them in 2018. They are are acting like cry babies.

Old 03-06-2017, 12:28 PM

15,706 posts, read 11,774,139 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fordtrucks View Post
Can you sense it? Can you feel it?

I get a distinct impression that more and more of the people I associate with and talk with every day. Even here in liberal massachusetts are growing to hate the left and democrats in general.

And unless I am really wrong, I believe the left will go down in flames with 2018.
Nope, the hate seems to be building against Republicans, GOP, and idiot Trump cultists.

You are of course, always really wrong. This time is no different.

Old 03-06-2017, 12:36 PM

37,803 posts, read 41,013,481 times
The Democrat hoi polloi don't surprise me or disappoint me because I expect them to act emotionally nutso, smug and throw tantrums in public. That's what spoiled brats who crave attention and think the planets revolve around them, do.

The Republicans and the Democrats on Capitol Hill are all talk - no action, predominantly lawyers who dance to the tune of their puppetmasters who give them money. If you want to know why federal employees act like they run the country, thank the jokers on Capitol Hill who write the open-to-interpretation gobbledygook they call laws because they don't have to implement the crappola they slowly churn out and wouldn't have a clue how to do it. That's why they became lawyers in the first place instead of running something. Quit voting for lawyers! I hate them as much as I hate the news media.

I think in the midterms, the number of people who vote will go down even lower.

Old 03-06-2017, 12:37 PM

18,461 posts, read 7,089,783 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gordo View Post
On citydata there is that preception, as the forum leans right. But on college campuses and seeing coverage of the protests against Trump, the preception would be that the average American hate is growing towards the right.
And those kids are in for a rude awakening when they graduate and find out what a significant lack of safe spaces there are in the real world.

Old 03-06-2017, 01:07 PM

9,617 posts, read 6,064,273 times
Neither you, nor dcforever know what you are talking about when you say Republicans are better at gerrymandering then Democrats. Having the ability to redraw congressional district lines has to do with the ability to elect your party's candidates in state elections during a census year. Your party then gets to redraw the lines.

Be relevant, work hard and deliver locally and you control state governments. Kind of like the Electoral College. Campaign in and win in the right states and your party's presidential candidate is elected president.

Neither of these are recent developments nor mysterious. They have been around since...well gosh, the founding of the country. Progressive liberals are just too emotional to figure these simple things out and act on them.

Trute.
Quote:
Originally Posted by G1.. View Post
All true.

Old 03-06-2017, 01:13 PM

21,989 posts, read 15,713,056 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by earthlyfather View Post
Neither you, nor dcforever know what you are talking about when you say Republicans are better at gerrymandering then Democrats. Having the ability to redraw congressional district lines has to do with the ability to elect your party's candidates in state elections during a census year. Your party then gets to redraw the lines.

Be relevant, work hard and deliver locally and you control state governments. Kind of like the Electoral College. Campaign in and win in the right states and your party's presidential candidate is elected president.

Neither of these are recent developments nor mysterious. They have been around since...well gosh, the founding of the country. Progressive liberals are just too emotional to figure these simple things out and act on them.

Trute.
Since Trump is talking about massive tax cuts, I will happily take them. The less money coming from my blue state to red states, the better. We are very tired of subsidizing them. Our blue state money should stay within our blue state. We'll see what happens in 2020, I want Republicans to cram as much right wingery down the throats of Americans as they can the next four years. Give Republicans all the rope they can handle. Democrats should just stand apart and silently smile.

Old 03-06-2017, 01:19 PM

52,263 posts, read 52,686,640 times
I think hate is a strong word, but I definitely think that there is a pushback starting to happen more and more. I hear the term snowflake getting thrown around a lot more and I think it's good.

We've gotten to a stupid place the last few years. The nonsense that is happening on college campuses with the safe spaces and all of that hoopla.

We're turning into a bunch of wimps in our society. I most certainly hope that the pushback continues.

Not really sure if the average democrat is to blame. I think it's more the party leadership with ol' brain rot Nancy Pelosi and her crowd.

This is more of a far leftist thing than so much of a party issue in my opinion.

Old 03-06-2017, 01:22 PM

8,061 posts, read 4,885,782 times
Over the last 3 years we have seen them burning and looting over made stories from the left.
Ferguson
Freddie Gray
Dallas
The list goes on! The perception is thugs!

Old 03-06-2017, 01:35 PM

33,571 posts, read 18,161,091 times
People hate division... they are bailing from the haters and dividers.. they want progress and Trump is providing answers to the problems that face this country. The small fringe group of radicals are hanging on.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies