Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-06-2017, 12:54 PM

1,478 posts, read 788,314 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by petch751 View Post
Oh do you mean like you are pointing white Americans as a monolithic group right now?
If one can speak of Japanese, speak of South Koreans, speak of Indians in India, then one can speak of white Americans. Particularly given Italians, Irish, Poles, and German-Americans have all become assimilated into once exclusive WASP "white" identity of America.

That is different than conflating Japanese, South Koreans, Indians as all the same thing, in their respective countries though they have different nations and cultures.

Old 03-06-2017, 01:45 PM

1,478 posts, read 788,314 times
Chance and Change,

The Democrats used to be complaining about black Down Low men. This was one of their great selling points to get women fired up. But looking at how the Democrats have flipped so quickly into Republicans once Trump got in office everyone on earth ought stigmatize Hillary Democrats as liberals "On the Down Low" hiding their Republican fornication and pretending to be true liberals.

I remember back when liberals kept complaining about the loss of manufacturing jobs, decrease in union influence, and the rise of the service economy. Now all of a sudden since Trump is in office these Democrats have turned into George W. Bush and Ronald Reagan and Mitt Romney.

Just listen to liberals circa year 2011 complaining about the switch from a manufacturing economy to a service economy:

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=7k_rz5XkA98
Papantonio: America's New Service Economy

The Ring of Fire 1,079 views

Quote:
Uploaded on Jun 6, 2011 For millions of out of work Americans, the news that the private sector added more than 200,000 new jobs in April was a breath of fresh air. The only problem is that these aren't the kinds of jobs that Americans would normally be lining up to apply for. 62,000 of these jobs are for McDonald's, and many of the rest include minimum wage-paying positions that are either for seasonal work, or provide no benefits. This recovery poses a serious question -- are we becoming a service society?
Wages actually effect cities and nations. Because of tax revenue. When wages decline significantly in a city the tax base declines. That means government funded obligations to the people are negatively effected. Obligations like maintaining parks, funding public schools, employing x number of cops and firemen, having the roads fixed when potholes pop up and roads plowed when several inches of snow falls. Retired city and Federal government workers have their pensions impacted if the city or Federal government can't pay them their same amount of pension due to declined tax revenue.

I knew the Russian oligarchs were financially raping and letting Russia blind under Yeltsin, and I know they had connections to England, Israel, and the USA. They were literally robbing the Russian equivalent of the US Federal Fort Knox and funneling the jewels and money off to fellow Russian criminals in Israel.

What I did not know until listening to this video--assuming this black man's comments are true--is that American and British oligarchs were getting mad rich robbing Russia under the Yeltsin presidency too. But Putin put an end to it. Thus sparked the unholy fury of the English and American oligarchs.

But the Russian people love Putin. For good reason.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=DUIK90eoD80
Vladimir Putin, Saint or Devil?

AfriSynergyNews 1,627 views

And the sane reason to reduce tensions with Russia accrording to the Australian, atheist, liberal, female, medical doctor Helen Caldecott. Even under Yeltsin when as an alcoholic he did pretty much anything the Americans told him to do, he came 3 minutes, and then 3 seconds from launching a nuclear holocaust upon America. Due to information error.

Now, in American pure juvenile ignorance, they want to toy with all life on earth by taunting Russia, encouraging them to launch a mass nuclear attack on the US by steadily taunting them that the US is within a few moments about to launch a nuclear attack on them. All due to grown Americans teaching their children to act like poor losers, because Russia and Putin out played them on the chess board in Syria and the Crimea. Grow the h up.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=-hSjloOXzXk
Dr. Helen Caldicott at the San Francisco Public Library

San Francisco Public Library 3,269 views

Quote:
Published on Aug 14, 2016 Nobel Peace Prize Nominee Dr. Helen Caldicott, known as the world’s foremost anti-nuclear activist, speaks about whether nuclear disarmament is achievable.
She thinks Trump is an idiot and juvenile, but she thinks his one redeeming quality and intelligent view point is that the US ought reduce tensions with Russia and Putin. She views that as a no-brainer.

She also has harsh views about Hillary Clinton. Really, she is critical of Americans as a nationality in general.

Unlike her I am pro-legalized guns. But her views about the negative environmental effects of nuclear war are logical.

It ought be noted she is focusing on the worst outcome of war involving nuclear weapons and that is with the US and Russia launching every single one of their ICBM nukes. Which is likely. However, as small the odds are it would be possible not all were launched and only a few, in such a case America would be destroyed as a power but there would still be many American survivors. Though, they may wish they had died. My point here is that there are variables involved in trying to predict outcomes in nuclear war.

Old 03-06-2017, 02:42 PM

5,472 posts, read 3,224,083 times
Quote:
The Democrats used to be complaining about black Down Low men. This was one of their great selling points to get women fired up. But looking at how the Democrats have flipped so quickly into Republicans once Trump got in office everyone on earth ought stigmatize Hillary Democrats as liberals "On the Down Low" hiding their Republican fornication and pretending to be true liberals.
For clarity sake, the "Down Low Men", were not specifically black, nor specifically Democratic or Republican, they were among all ethnicity and some still are: it was Bi sexual men, who did not want to claim their bi-sexuality when dealing with women. The advents of AIDs was so prevelanet during that phase and frame of time you speak. It was women in general, without distinction of party,political ideology or such, they just wanted a man to be the man he said he was, and not one that wanted to switch hit when he thought no one was looking.

As to people and the point you make on politic's- people have always been a mix of variables of both Republican and Democrats, it depends on the areas of subjects that is being discussed. as well as the stands being discussed within subject. Party Ideology pursues "image models", but what is within the whole of a Model? is often a mix of much.

The world is with many things, but nothing truly stands alone.... if it does it likely does not stand long nor strong.

Old 03-07-2017, 06:17 AM

5,472 posts, read 3,224,083 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frogburn View Post
1) The "Asains" are not kicking America's butt in terms of infrastructural development, per capita GDP, literacy rate, opportunity for females to advance, and tackling corruption.

Okay, this Asian glorification thing is born out of two things I think a few ethnic Asian groups that have risen exceptionally well over the last several decades. Like South Korea and Singapore. You could put Japan in there but the US helped rebuild Japan just as it did Europe. Not to take too much away from the Japanese because they have a culture akin to the Germans which facilitates their success I would say.

The other thing is racism among white Americans. They like to point out "Asians" as if they are one monolithic group and contrast them to black people or even brown skinned Latin Americans. They like to say--in pure ignorance--"look how well the Asians are doing." Then you have equally stupid white liberals boasting of Asia being more advanced, particularly for females, than the West due to Buddhism. Again, pure ignorance.

But Asia includes nations like Vietnam, Cambodia, Indonesia, India, and China. And yes, I said China.

China is carrying out some spectacular engineering feats. It has pulled an astronomical number of people out of abject poverty. India has made major developmental improvements in its nation too.

But depending on what you want to look at Brazil is doing better than either China or India. The literacy rate is higher in Brazil than in either India or China. And last I checked, if memory serves me correct, the per capita income in Brazil is higher than in either India or China. Both Brazil and China empower women to rise in leadership positions better than either India or Japan.

Listen, if reincarnation were real and I had to be reborn as a female, I pray that I could be reborn a girl in Brazil or Colombia rather than in Cambodia or Vietnam. The latter two for me as a reborn girl would be close to a sentence in hell.

Pound for pound the tiny black African state of Botswana is probably doing better than all of them. But that includes looking at how well you can live free of violence and corruption.

So, why can't Brazilians and black Botswanans be an example instead of Asians?

Oh, there are Brazilians here in the USA. Like those from India in the USA they tend to come from the middle and upper-middle-class. In the case of the Brazilians most of them are white. And they do very well for themselves in the USA which is one reason you don't hear about them. They don't become gang members and they assimilate into the basic American culture.

2) The switch to the service industry from the industrial manufacturing industries Americans that have not taken economic courses think means no manual labor.

Nonsense, the increased service industry means manual labor as well, but instead of a black woman getting paid $20 an hour on a factory floor, now she is getting paid $8 an hour sweeping and mopping floors in the lobby of some downtown tower.

The rise of the service economy has facilitated the increase in the wealth gap, economic inequality.

3) Donald Trump improving relations with Russia is the only wise thing for America. Any politician that wants to increase tensions with Russia is unfit for office.

My own feeling is that the world ought rebel against America for the sake of life on planet earth. I find the intellectual and moral capacity of Americans unfit to lead a street corner let alone an entire planet.
Okay, this Asian glorification thing is born out of two things I think a few ethnic Asian groups that have risen exceptionally well over the last several decades.

No one is glorifying Asian's, only pointing our some discerned elements of variables in societies and cultural grooming.... If you've ever traveled to an Asian country, what I said will be evident. SOME of these countries did not have massive industrial Industry, which led many people to think in terms of being independent business people. Their enterprising mindset may well a cultural and environmental necessity, but however, there are many who seek to start businesses. This is not only seen in Asian location, but in many other cultural and environments of foreign locations, that are not filled with massive industry.
Every subject does not need to do what was taught in American Education systems, of "glorify the white male", or "the white male as the hero".... That is more fictional from an era of society that was so slanted and absorbed in racism that it was insidiously ignorant. It had so much racism, that it began to make racist segregation's among various ethnic white people depending on what country they were from.
Truth of history continues to demonstrate the variety of various ethnic people from a multitude of cultural mentalities who brought much ingenuity into what became a prosperous America. Many had their ideas stolen by the WASP over many centuries, and many were ripped off and given no credit for their works nor their contributions over many centuries.
I would say, what white people of the WASP and now those whom have merged into this group, that carry a bias, bigotry and racism within them, should sit down and ask themselves, why are they so "coveting", why are they so self consumed in vain drives of avarice which enacts itself in the manner of greed of any and every sort.
Sadly, it continues to this very day. We see no other group whining and crying about a mutual contributory systems such as "taxes", except this group... Everyone else contributes and have good will considerations about the great many things that Taxes has done for this country. But the WASP of today, complain and if they could they'd only want their tax contributions and what ever program or benefits it designs and establishes to go solely to WASP. It's like a Craziness that is beyond belief.

You said:
I find the intellectual and moral capacity of Americans unfit to lead a street corner let alone an entire planet.[/quote]

Trace history and find out where that truly exist and upon whom that applies.

That phrase you said, cannot be laid upon Black people of whom such comments is often targeted toward with negativism.
History and Truth continues to uncover facts that it has been great intellectual contributions in American by black and other minorities and if one studies history long before America, it will be found of the intellectual progress made on the African Continent as well as the areas of Middle East, Far East and Other localities, progressed greatly long before even Columbus great-great-grandparents were born. When it comes to the morality of forgiving, none in American have been more forgiving that black people. Who has asked nothing of white society, other than to Honor its Own Constitution and be of fairness and moral manner and humane regard of human equality of person. It has been a history of white people, who set up any and every means they could conceive to disenfranchise black people and place any boulders it could in any path that might lead to economic equilibrium. The big question should be, what is wrong with "SOME" (Not All) white people, who can't respect the basic simplicity of human equality?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies