Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-06-2017, 04:08 PM

6,470 posts, read 4,066,378 times

Advertisements

While Saudi should be monitored, I don't believe in a ban simply because middle easterners are fighting terrorism too.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=UQPS7sstKq8

Here is a GRAPHIC video we're an offficer fights terrorists in Saudi Arabia.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-06-2017, 04:42 PM

381 posts, read 177,145 times
Good to see the Trump administration took into consideration what caused some of the initial chaos and are making an effort for smooth implementation. Also reaching out to the Iraqi government to tighten screening procedures of refugees and removing the country from the list.

Old 03-07-2017, 06:43 AM

5,004 posts, read 15,346,950 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
They weren't real Christians if they committed terrorist acts. Besides, percentage wise to their population numbers non-Muslims have committed fewer acts of terrorism against our own people than Muslims have on our soil.
They weren't real Muslims if they committed terrorist attacks.

Old 03-07-2017, 06:50 AM

3,987 posts, read 2,109,824 times
I'm all for any ban that potentially helps protect our people in America. Our government owes its citizens a whole lot more than we owe potential immigrants. Most muslims cannot be properly vetted, so why take the risk?

Old 03-07-2017, 06:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scooby Snacks View Post
It's nearly identical to the old ban and just as discriminatory. I hope the courts step in and block this one too. Trump has no evidence immigrants are more prone to violence that US citizens, and we still have a long involved vetting process. He's making yet another unfounded assumption based on bigotry.
Let's just assume all muslims are peaceful, right?! There is "no evidence that muslims are violent"- rose colored glasses.

Old 03-07-2017, 06:53 AM

10,829 posts, read 5,432,323 times
Good news.

Keep the Muslims out as much as possible.

Not easy, because we have so many traitors in this country -- especially in the courts.

Old 03-07-2017, 06:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by godofthunder9010 View Post
Not much has changed. Yes we want to stop Muslim terrorists from entering the United States. No Donald Trump's EO is not likely to help. While the EO does make it more difficult for such persons to enter our nation, the moral religious outrage generated by Trump's order helps recruit more soldiers to the radicalized ranks, many of which already live in the USA. It will also make terrorists a lot more determined to attack.

I will say that I'm tired of hearing that Trump "can't do that" or that his order is illegal. It isn't. I've already stated that I disagree and my reasons why, but my disagreement doesn't magically make Trump's EO illegal. It's just as legal as any other EO since there was such a thing as an EO.
What Trump is doing has no influence on the looney tunes muslims. They are going to hate us regardless of what he does or doesn't do. It is next to impossible to influence crazy people.

Old 03-07-2017, 06:59 AM

17,156 posts, read 12,951,087 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bryan85 View Post
I'm all for any ban that potentially helps protect our people in America. Our government owes its citizens a whole lot more than we owe potential immigrants. Most muslims cannot be properly vetted, so why take the risk?
I can't believe you even said that. It's amazing America has become so bigoted. If this were any other group, this attitude would be completely unacceptable, but because it's Muslims, it's A-OK to be discriminatory and prejudiced. Because that's what it is. Our country is based on freedom of religion.

How long are we going to punish all Muslims because of the actions of a few? 9/11 happened almost 17 years ago. We call ourselves the strongest country in the world, yet we still act like scared rabbits. Safety, security, protection, etc. It never ends. When is enough enough? And how many immigrants have killed Americans since 9/11? (Answer: 0). Our vetting process is quite sufficient and does not need changed. So no, we don't need Trump's discriminatory policies to "protect" us from a nonexistent Bogey Man.

Old 03-07-2017, 07:01 AM

16,569 posts, read 15,258,911 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EDnurse View Post
Nobody wants another attack.

Please tell us the, how come Saudi Arabia and Pakistan aren't on the list?
So you want an even longer list. Good to know.

Old 03-07-2017, 07:10 AM

10,829 posts, read 5,432,323 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scooby Snacks View Post
I can't believe you even said that. It's amazing America has become so bigoted. If this were any other group, this attitude would be completely unacceptable, but because it's Muslims, it's A-OK to be discriminatory and prejudiced. Because that's what it is. Our country is based on freedom of religion.
That's a mistake we need to correct.

Anyway, foreigners have no rights in this country unless they are actually here to begin with.

That's why we need to keep them out.

Quote:
How long are we going to punish all Muslims because of the actions of a few?
It's their religion that commands them to kill or subjugate the infidel. It's not "infidel-friendly."

Quote:
9/11 happened almost 17 years ago. We call ourselves the strongest country in the world, yet we still act like scared rabbits. Safety, security, protection, etc. It never ends. When is enough enough? And how many immigrants have killed Americans since 9/11? (Answer: 0).
Wrong. Tashfeen Malik, the Tsarnaev Brothers...the list goes on. We don't need more Muslims in this country.

Quote:
Our vetting process is quite sufficient
No, it isn't. Tashfeen Malik is proof enough of that.

Same with the Somalian refugee who stabbed Americans and tried to run them down with his car at Ohio State last Thanksgiving.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies