Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-06-2017, 02:11 PM

4,491 posts, read 2,225,542 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyster View Post
You don't have a Constitutional right to look at someone else's tax data. In fact, unless authorized to do so, the law explicitly forbids it.
So when I said 'this is not a Trump specific point' what word did you (more than just you specifically) not follow? I don't care about his taxes. But the president is not entitled to indefinite privacy, especially if his power becomes greater than it should.

Feel free to tell me how this was a traitor, anti-American post since I didn't say "all hail God emperor Trump" enough.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-06-2017, 02:13 PM

10,920 posts, read 6,909,384 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NxtGen View Post
So which is it? You are lying or you were just ignorant of Hillary and her crimes?
I was lying about what exactly? What are you even talking about? Are you not able to follow the discussion? I'll summarize for you since you don't seem able to keep up:

Quote:
Originally Posted by skepticratic View Post
If a despot has secrets, the secrets should be exposed. That's not a Trump specific point, but a general answer to your question. Privacy is important, and I think public official are entitled to it up until the point where they violate their rights of their constituents.
I said:
Quote:
Originally Posted by HockeyMac18 View Post
That is the argument, yes. And I think it was the argument that many used against Hillary.
And I agree, leaks (even if orchestrated illegally) can benefit the American people.

I don't care about Hillary and was not a supporter of her, so you can continue to make this into an argument about that (which I never even made). This could be about any political figure or any person in power.

I AM saying, however, that people that used this argument as a justification of any leaks against her (which was used very often in 2016 - even by Trump and his team) can't be upset about people wanting to see Trump's tax returns leak, too. It is the same exact justification.

Old 03-06-2017, 02:16 PM

4,279 posts, read 1,903,896 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by skepticratic View Post
So when I said 'this is not a Trump specific point' what word did you (more than just you specifically) not follow? I don't care about his taxes. But the president is not entitled to indefinite privacy, especially if his power becomes greater than it should.

Feel free to tell me how this was a traitor, anti-American post since I didn't say "all hail God emperor Trump" enough.
His tax returns are not the purview of the American people. He is not required by law to provide such, nor is there any grounds for you to demand such. Again, you are spewing rhetoric. You have no law supporting you, you have no logical premise to establish a position from. This is why you are now back tracking and starting to "generalize" through vague claims.

My advice... try not to comment on topics you have no clue what you are talking about on. That way, people don't have to waste their time pushing your invalid arguments into the trash only to have you move off into a position of vague superiority.

Old 03-06-2017, 02:19 PM

52,431 posts, read 26,624,120 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by greywar View Post
Does it bother you to live in a reality where his comments magically don't involve him encouraging illegal actions by another nation state? Yeah, read those quotes, and think about them.
Interesting question.
  • Hillary Clinton breaks US rules and laws by illegally operating a private email server for classified State Department Business.
  • Russians may have accessed said server because it lacked proper administration and governmental administration. Outgoing mail would have immediately exposed it as a non .gov server.
Who is the law breaker and which country's laws applied?

Old 03-06-2017, 02:22 PM

9,837 posts, read 4,635,682 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by allenk893 View Post
Trump's been audited multiple times across several decades and has not been prosecuted for any tax felonies. It's ridiculous at this point.
what does that matter. ? Trump lied. He promised he would release his returns if elected, and once he won he broke his promise.

Trump is a liar who breaks his promises.

Old 03-06-2017, 02:22 PM

4,279 posts, read 1,903,896 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HockeyMac18 View Post
I was lying about what exactly? What are you even talking about? Are you not able to follow the discussion? I'll summarize for you since you don't seem able to keep up:

I said:

And I agree, leaks (even if orchestrated illegally) can benefit the American people.

I don't care about Hillary and was not a supporter of her, so you can continue to make this into an argument about that (which I never even made). This could be about any political figure or any person in power.

I AM saying, however, that people that used this argument as a justification of any leaks against her (which was used very often in 2016 - even by Trump and his team) can't be upset about people wanting to see Trump's tax returns leak, too. It is the same exact justification.
Again, I showed that your support for his position is BS. You are attempting to argue apples to oranges and you were feeding off that posters invalid position.

There is nothing "alike" about them.

Hillary committed a crime and was being pushed to reveal her data because she was caught in such a crime.
That is, she committed a crime against the US and American people and we had a right to know! It was a legally valid demand.

There is nothing legally valid about demanding Trumps tax returns. There have been no crimes committed, no evidence of such, nothing!!!

What there has been is a bunch of lying political hacks making a lot of accusations, but having NOTHING to back up their lying claims.

So again, were you lying to jump on the bandwagon or were you just ignorant of the Hillary issue and so you assumed that the poster was making a valid comparison?

Again, there is no out for you here. Either you were not knowledgeable enough about these issues, or.. you were simply lying to promote politics.

Which is it?

Old 03-06-2017, 02:24 PM

34,278 posts, read 19,368,360 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldoKitty View Post
Interesting question.
  • Hillary Clinton breaks US rules and laws by illegally operating a private email server for classified State Department Business.
  • Russians may have accessed said server because it lacked proper administration and governmental administration. Outgoing mail would have immediately exposed it as a non .gov server.

Why don't you try answering it instead of "but hillaries email". Seriously all you do is deflect, deny, and mislead.

Old 03-06-2017, 02:31 PM

9,837 posts, read 4,635,682 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldoKitty View Post
Interesting question.
and yet the FBI said she was innocent and that they found no prosecutable evidence despite your claims to the contrary.
FBI Director Comey Says

NO EVIDENCE HILLARY BROKE THE LAW

and there you go your entire story is crushed , killed stone dead. You have been proved wrong and no amount of crying will change the reality that the Federal Bureau of Investigations found Hillary innocent .

Old 03-06-2017, 02:36 PM

21,989 posts, read 15,710,757 times
If Trump has nothing to hide, this should be no big deal. He should have no problem with this whatsoever.

Old 03-06-2017, 02:37 PM

10,920 posts, read 6,909,384 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NxtGen View Post
Again, I showed that your support for his position is BS. You are attempting to argue apples to oranges and you were feeding off that posters invalid position.

There is nothing "alike" about them.

Hillary committed a crime and was being pushed to reveal her data because she was caught in such a crime.
That is, she committed a crime against the US and American people and we had a right to know! It was a legally valid demand.

There is nothing legally valid about demanding Trumps tax returns. There have been no crimes committed, no evidence of such, nothing!!!

What there has been is a bunch of lying political hacks making a lot of accusations, but having NOTHING to back up their lying claims.

So again, were you lying to jump on the bandwagon or were you just ignorant of the Hillary issue and so you assumed that the poster was making a valid comparison?

Again, there is no out for you here. Either you were not knowledgeable enough about these issues, or.. you were simply lying to promote politics.

Which is it?
Absence of evidence is not evidence of absence. We have no idea what Trump's taxes would tell us - and that is the point. If someone was able to leak them because they revealed something that the American people should know about, that is the same justification of the leaks against HRC and the DNC.

It is also a general argument that can be made against literally any political figure. Yes, I'd even support someone committing a federal crime to leak that information if that information is something the American people should know about.

Again, I don't care about Hillary. If she committed a crime, she should be prosecuted. As anyone should.

The fact is, we know a lot about the various cases (not just the e-mail server scandal) against her because of leaks (18 revelations from Wikileaks' hacked Clinton emails - BBC News), and many Trump supporters (including flip-flopping Trump himself) were happy that this stuff leaked.

I'm saying the justification of the leaks against her and the DNC is the same argument for wanting Trump's taxes to be leaked. Were you aware of what was happening at the DNC before the leaks (I'm guessing no, unless you had hacked them yourself)? Were you happy to know about this information after it leaked?

You don't seem to be getting the simple point made originally by skepticratic, so this discussion is probably going to go nowhere.

Last edited by HockeyMac18; 03-06-2017 at 02:45 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies