Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-06-2017, 03:43 PM

6,141 posts, read 3,373,037 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyster View Post
So it's OK with you if the press encourages federal employees to commit federal felonies for political purposes. You're good with that, eh?
No more and no less OK with a POTUS in waiting urging Russian Hackers to LEAK what they could find? Let's face it. Leaks are not appreciated by either side. But to insert "Illegal" into it doesn't make a difference on the actual substance being requested.

BTW~ I have my suspicions that Trump isn't actually under audit.. could have been over his many years.. BUT NOT ongoing during the past 20 months+. Most audits do not take that many years to process either!

His actual Tax Return could very well inculpate him or exculpate him with his financial obligations to Russian Oligarchy. The simple fact NOT RELEASING indicates he is HIDING something!

But, it's true.. enough voted for him to elect him... So it's on them IF and When the truth comes out. It's quite likely that Russian hackers have all the goods on Trump and his insiders on actual connections. Thus Trump created this all on his own.. No one forced him to align so clearly with the "THUG" Putin and his billionaire influential folks!

In a way, Trump owes his presidency to Putin and his State sponsored Hackers> leaked by the Wikileaks connection.. so it's ironical that "LEAKS" come out that reflect onto Trump and his gaggle of close advisors in a negative way.

We've been watching this POTUS #45 and his childish foot stomping " It's unfair" or spin out his latest conspiracy theory fed to him by Bannon and his ilk!! Trump will get exposed eventually. I'm just hoping it's long before he gets America into another WAR or worse.. Nuclear Arms let launched to cause world wide distraction!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-06-2017, 06:01 PM

33,316 posts, read 12,527,813 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lyndarn View Post
In a way, Trump owes his presidency to Putin and his State sponsored Hackers> leaked by the Wikileaks connection
In what way?

If you do manage some sort of assertion re my question above, I already have an answer for any such assertion.......PROVE IT.

Quote:
We've been watching this POTUS #45 and his childish foot stomping
Do an internet search for 'president stompy foot' or 'president stompy feet'. Whenever I have done that, including today, the hits that refer to Trump....zero. The references instead refer to Obama, and no other President.

Old 03-06-2017, 06:15 PM

2,576 posts, read 1,749,621 times
Under Federal Law, a sitting President can't be charged with any crimes. So if President Trump, had an IRS Felony, he could not be charged until year 2021. but if re-elected it could be year 2025. by this time President Trump is. OLD

Old 03-06-2017, 06:22 PM

37,949 posts, read 17,870,209 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by finalmove View Post
This poster in condoning a felony.
What did u expect from a hillary supporter. No problem lying to congress when she said she didn't know of any gun running when in fact she signed the gun runner up.

Old 03-06-2017, 07:19 PM

4,491 posts, read 2,225,955 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NxtGen View Post
His tax returns are not the purview of the American people. He is not required by law to provide such, nor is there any grounds for you to demand such. Again, you are spewing rhetoric. You have no law supporting you, you have no logical premise to establish a position from. This is why you are now back tracking and starting to "generalize" through vague claims.

My advice... try not to comment on topics you have no clue what you are talking about on. That way, people don't have to waste their time pushing your invalid arguments into the trash only to have you move off into a position of vague superiority.
So apparently my post was rude, but you claiming I'm spewing hate isn't. You're lucky the mods vote the way you do. They'll probably delete this too. Wait, I vote Republican. Now it will stay forever and should be immune from criticism.

With that out of the way, let me explain this as clearly as possible: The question asked, that I answered, was why should the president have his privacy violated. My answer, to that general question, was if the president was ruling in any despotic way. It was all general. It wasn't about Trump; it was just a general statement on the authority of the executive power. You can replace anyone into the scenario and my statement goes unchanged. Obama, Bush, Trump, Clinton (Hill or Bill), Trump; it does not matter. If they act in a despotic way, I don't think it would be wrong for someone to leak their information or hack it. If they've done nothing wrong, they are entitled to their privacy.

That should be clear now. I await your response eagerly...

Old 03-06-2017, 11:05 PM

2,359 posts, read 1,035,036 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by skins_fan82 View Post
May 2014. Ireland's TV3:

OLETTE FITZPATRICK: You questioned his [Obama’s] citizenship during his campaign, and you said afterwards if he produced that long-form birth certificate, you’d produce your tax returns. But you didn’t do it, did you?

TRUMP: Well I don’t know, did he do it? And if I decide to run for office, I’ll produce my tax returns, absolutely and I would love to do that.

January 24th, 2016. Meet The press:

CHUCK TODD: Will you release any of your tax returns for the public to scrutinize?

DONALD TRUMP: Well, we’re working on that now. I have very big returns, as you know, and I have everything all approved and very beautiful and we’ll be working that over in the next period of time, Chuck. Absolutely.

February 10th, 2016. NBC News:

MATT LAUER: Real quickly. When are you going to release your tax returns?

TRUMP: Probably over the next few months. They’re being worked on now.

May 8th, 2016. Meet the press:

CHUCK TODD: All right, last question. Why not release the tax returns that aren’t involved in the audit? Do you think you can do it before the election?

TRUMP: I hope so. I’d like to. I have no problem releasing the tax returns

Conservatives, any opinion on this?

Trump is merely breaking with the status quo. He is setting a new precedent, by clearly establishing that the release of federal tax returns by presidential candidates is optional, and not mandatory.

You no doubt remember The Devil's Dictionary by Ambrose Bierce, a brilliant work of satire which nonetheless wields more than its share of political barbs. One of his definitions, never more true than today, is that for a conservative:

Conservative (n.)

A statesman who is enamoured of existing evils, as distinguished from the Liberal, who wishes to replace them with others.

In the Biercian sense, Trump is acting thoroughly the part of the liberal, in that he has adopted change. Whereas his predecessors released their tax returns, he has broken with the past and declined to release his own. Quite the liberal position, from a change vs. status quo standpoint.

His political opponents, however, although many of them call themselves "liberals," remain steadfast in the conservative position that presidential candidates should release their tax returns. If they were truly liberal, these partisans would cheer the fact that one candidate, namely Trump, actually had to courage to change.

But that's not what they're doing. Rather, most of them are vomiting with white-hot rage because Trump, in this one instance, has not adhered to conservative tradition, but has shattered it with liberal gusto by embracing change and setting a precedent that seemed unthinkable just a few months ago.

Old 03-06-2017, 11:07 PM

21,989 posts, read 15,713,056 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Milton Miteybad View Post
Trump is merely breaking with the status quo. He is setting a new precedent, by clearly establishing that the release of federal tax returns by presidential candidates is optional, and not mandatory.

You no doubt remember The Devil's Dictionary by Ambrose Bierce, a brilliant work of satire which nonetheless wields more than its share of political barbs. One of his definitions, never more true than today, is that for a conservative:

Conservative (n.)

A statesman who is enamoured of existing evils, as distinguished from the Liberal, who wishes to replace them with others.

In the Biercian sense, Trump is acting thoroughly the part of the liberal, in that he has adopted change. Whereas his predecessors released their tax returns, he has broken with the past and declined to release his own. Quite the liberal position, from a change vs. status quo standpoint.

His political opponents, however, although many of them call themselves "liberals," remain steadfast in the conservative position that presidential candidates should release their tax returns. If they were truly liberal, these partisans would cheer the fact that one candidate, namely Trump, actually had to courage to change.

But that's not what they're doing. Rather, most of them are vomiting with white-hot rage because Trump, in this one instance, has not adhered to conservative tradition, but has shattered it with liberal gusto by embracing change and setting a precedent that seemed unthinkable just a few months ago.

Shorter answer is he likely thinks if voters saw his tax returns, he would not be president.

Old 03-06-2017, 11:17 PM

6,046 posts, read 4,817,498 times
Beats me why Kristof is going this route. He should just go to the CIA and ask for a copy of the returns. If he asks nice and polite they might give him the last 10 years. And maybe as a bonus throw in another 5 years.

Old 03-06-2017, 11:58 PM

10,181 posts, read 10,260,457 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by skins_fan82 View Post
May 2014. Ireland's TV3:

OLETTE FITZPATRICK: You questioned his [Obama’s] citizenship during his campaign, and you said afterwards if he produced that long-form birth certificate, you’d produce your tax returns. But you didn’t do it, did you?

TRUMP: Well I don’t know, did he do it? And if I decide to run for office, I’ll produce my tax returns, absolutely and I would love to do that.

January 24th, 2016. Meet The press:

CHUCK TODD: Will you release any of your tax returns for the public to scrutinize?

DONALD TRUMP: Well, we’re working on that now. I have very big returns, as you know, and I have everything all approved and very beautiful and we’ll be working that over in the next period of time, Chuck. Absolutely.

February 10th, 2016. NBC News:

MATT LAUER: Real quickly. When are you going to release your tax returns?

TRUMP: Probably over the next few months. They’re being worked on now.

May 8th, 2016. Meet the press:

CHUCK TODD: All right, last question. Why not release the tax returns that aren’t involved in the audit? Do you think you can do it before the election?

TRUMP: I hope so. I’d like to. I have no problem releasing the tax returns

Conservatives, any opinion on this?
What does it matter?

Obama paid an 18% effective tax rate. Went from being "worth" barely 2M dollars in 2007 to 10's of Millions after 8 years in office. How does that work?

Ask him why he took advantage of all offered to him to do so & first.

Old 03-07-2017, 12:28 AM

23,654 posts, read 17,514,296 times
Isn't there something about it's against the law to encourage people to break the law? Accessory to the crime and should be punished accordingly.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies