Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-06-2017, 03:52 PM

1,768 posts, read 1,638,001 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by arctichomesteader View Post
Did Obama tell corporations to cut wages, offshore, cut benefits, cut hours or did their stockholders?
...or who to hire or where to build products? Trump is the most anti-capitalist president EVER!

Old 03-06-2017, 03:53 PM

8,840 posts, read 4,804,457 times
I know a lot of people who spend beyond their means. Can't save $500 but are first in line to buy each new iPhone version as it comes out. And drink Starbucks every day. That stuff adds up.

I do pretty well and keep my cell phones for years and brew my coffee at home.

Trump will do nothing for anyone but the 1 percenters.

Old 03-06-2017, 03:55 PM

30,708 posts, read 79,802,285 times
Excpet for messing up health care even worse, I do not see that Obama really did much of anything that impacts me.\

The economic recovery they keep saying is in full swing seems to consistently elude me and everyone I know, but I do not think that can be laid at the feet of one man, even a president. He really did not do much of anything impact.

Old 03-06-2017, 03:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coldjensens View Post
Excpet for messing up health care even worse, I do not see that Obama really did much of anything that impacts me.

What?
if you have a roth IRA, 401K, or any stock investments, the last four years have been solid!

Old 03-06-2017, 03:59 PM

19,632 posts, read 12,222,208 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tonym9428 View Post
This has less to do with Obama and more with Americans' refusal to save money.
Was same during Bush2, Clinton, Bush1, Reagan, etc

Just compare Americans' savings rate vs Japan or other asian countries where it's 30% +.
Quit spending your money on weed, prostitutes, alcohol, fast food, and other garbage.....and put in a savings acct
They don't want to save money. They think its crazy to have money in the bank, and want to get rid of cash. They are not poor, they are luxury spenders. They will call themselves poor wile showing off their property, vehicles, gadgets, jewelry, etc. Why does it matter they don't have 500 in cash, its not like they never had it, they did but spent it on something unnecessary. Then they go to family or gofundme to try to get money from people who did save it. I almost contributed to one of these scamming liars.

Old 03-06-2017, 04:03 PM

5,047 posts, read 6,347,352 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeadSpeak View Post
Or it could have something to do not ith pay being low, rent in many places being high as well as student loan debt, and in general higher cost of living. Is it any wonder people have no money when was the last time you had to move? Many places now require 1st and last month the rent plus a security deposit. Good luck saving anything
No matter what you make, if you are employed, I am pretty willing to bet you can spare $10 a week. If you have a cell phone, get a pay as you go. Drop the cable. Don't drink coffee.

In 1 year, $10 a week is $520.00.

Presidents can't make people want to save for a rainy day. That's an innate desire. One that Americans have lost.

Old 03-06-2017, 04:04 PM

12,566 posts, read 10,616,175 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tonym9428 View Post
What?
if you have a roth IRA, 401K, or any stock investments, the last four years have been solid!
More like the last 6 years.

Old 03-06-2017, 04:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tamajane View Post
They don't want to save money. They think its crazy to have money in the bank, and want to get rid of cash. They are not poor, they are luxury spenders. They will call themselves poor wile showing off their property, vehicles, gadgets, jewelry, etc. Why does it matter they don't have 500 in cash, its not like they never had it, they did but spent it on something unnecessary. Then they go to family or gofundme to try to get money from people who did save it. I almost contributed to one of these scamming liars.

Americans "live for the moment", and that's how they justify their ubiquitous spending. It's sad.
Instead of recognizing that they don't need to head to the nascar event, they go and gorge on food, tickets, and waste their time

...but they are "living for the moment". there is that I guess

Old 03-06-2017, 04:05 PM

15,706 posts, read 11,772,641 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fordtrucks View Post
And yet the obama cults think he was one of the greatest presidents...

"The Reality Is, Half Of Americans Can
Why is it Obama's fault that most Americans are too dumb to save their money? Next you're going to blame Obama that most red state conservatives are fat and stupid.

Old 03-06-2017, 04:05 PM

19,719 posts, read 16,839,973 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tamajane View Post
They can afford a 40K SUV.

That hit the nail right on the head. The reason half the people don't have money is because they over extend and their priorities are screwed up. Everyone has to keep up with the Jones and live beyond their means.

We managed a tax credit property some years ago, where people received assistance in paying their rent. My car was the oldest one in the parking lot, everyone else had Escalades, BMW's, and Hummers......yet they were always late on the small amount of rent they had to pay because the government picked up the bulk of it.

Most people are one paycheck away from disaster and a lot of it is due to their own bad habits. Not all of them, but certainly a lot. Obama had nothing to do with that, it has been that way forever.

A young guy at work never has money for gas to come to work, but he has the latest cell phone with every bell and whistle on it. Just one more example of screwed up priorities.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies