Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-13-2017, 10:20 PM

18,801 posts, read 8,467,936 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BicoastalAnn View Post
Who do you think is paying to subsidize uninsured people who end up at the ER? Hint, it's not the people too cheap to buy insurance. They go broke, and the hospital ups everyone else's costs. And whose rates do you think go up when those uninsured cheapos are not in their risk pool? Hint, it's not the people too cheap to buy insurance.
This concept is way over rated. Hospitals by and large cannot simply raise rates to help cover their free care, because most payers/payments have already been negotiated with the third parties. It takes some major central change like the ACA Medicaid expansion to make a significant difference. And even then our hospital about broke even with the reform. We had fewer non-paying patients, but lower negotiated payments with Medicaid.

Old 03-13-2017, 10:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lovetosave View Post
Not true. My insurance has gone up 40 percent last 5 years. I love Trump. If my costs are not lower in 2020, I will not vote for him. I want my insurance costs lowered. It's ridiculous. I have my own family to worry about.
Unless you go broke and take welfare, I would bet all I own and love that HC will be more expensive for your family in 2020. Trump, no Trump, Gingrich, Obama or Putin.

Your family, God willing, will all be 3 years older. And older usually means more HC risk.

Old 03-13-2017, 10:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by natalie469 View Post
Trump is all for this plan and is going on the campaign to sell it. He says it's a great thing. But I really don't think he fully understands it, or maybe he does. But this affects his constituents more than anyone else.
Of course he doesn't understand it. He already said that HC was more complicated than he thought.

But Trump does know debt, and IMO that is the key. As our HC costs go up, and they will as more people get coverage, it will take more money, more subsidies, more deficit spending and debt to get there.

Old 03-13-2017, 10:35 PM

2,333 posts, read 1,488,605 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoonose View Post
This concept is way over rated. Hospitals by and large cannot simply raise rates to help cover their free care, because most payers/payments have already been negotiated with the third parties. It takes some major central change like the ACA Medicaid expansion to make a significant difference. And even then our hospital about broke even with the reform. We had fewer non-paying patients, but lower negotiated payments with Medicaid.
If an uninsured person uses the ER... who is the third party? Anyway losses are built into the cost model - any cost model. Every business builds losses into the price and passes that onto other products/customers. It may not be as literal as Uninsured Joe costs hospital $100, hospital charges me extra $100, but it is baked in based on historical data and projections.

Old 03-13-2017, 10:38 PM

32,060 posts, read 15,055,077 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lovetosave View Post
You understand the lie going around the media (24 Million would lose insurance) they voluntarily would lose it...media leaves the voluntarily out.... Most of them are eligible for Medicaid anyway, so they're good. The poor ones would get tremendous tax breaks.
Duh, because they wouldn't be able to afford it. The poor would not get tremendous tax breaks. But go ahead and believe what you want. This won't pass the senate anyway. But if it somehow does then republicans will be voted out of office. Not a bad thing since they favor the rich and do nothing for the rest of us.

Old 03-13-2017, 10:38 PM

20,160 posts, read 12,756,236 times
Quote:
Obama wanted health insurance for all. He wanted a single payer system which republicans were absolutely against. On the campaign trail Trump said he had a better plan where everyone would have insurance. The only way this would happen is a single payer system. This is not the republicans plan at all
Come on, him and the Democrats force down the American with Obamacare. How did you think it was passed?

Old 03-13-2017, 10:42 PM

4,204 posts, read 2,340,890 times
Quote:
Duh, because they wouldn't be able to afford it. The poor would not get tremendous tax breaks. But go ahead and believe what you want. This won't pass the senate anyway. But if it somehow does then republicans will be voted out of office. Not a bad thing since they favor the rich and do nothing for the rest of us.
Can't afford it? Like the people that drive range rovers on food stamps... see it all the time in nyc... guys gets out of his 1200 month range rover at the gas station with all his gold chains... then pays for his blunts with his E.B.T. card.... or pays with 4 dollars in change (dimes and quarters).

Old 03-13-2017, 10:43 PM

32,060 posts, read 15,055,077 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NewbieHere View Post
Come on, him and the Democrats force down the American with Obamacare. How did you think it was passed?
I know how it was passed. And now republicans are in control and will be voted out the same way dems were. Trumpcare / Ryancare is worse then the ACA.

Old 03-13-2017, 10:43 PM

6,818 posts, read 14,029,650 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NewbieHere View Post
And what do you think the Republicans are doing now. They should have learned from the Obama fiasco.

Old 03-13-2017, 10:44 PM

20,160 posts, read 12,756,236 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grainraiser View Post
And do you think the Republicans are doing now. They should have learned from the Obama fiasco.
Well I didn't hear you complained then.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies