Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-14-2017, 05:45 AM

76,971 posts, read 47,621,806 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by natalie469 View Post
Are you like a stalker or something, looking over everyone's shoulders to see how they pay.
Envy is a powerful emotion. Personally I don't care what people buy, how they pay or how they get from place to place. I don't even know what an EBT card looks like.

Old 03-14-2017, 05:50 AM

35,699 posts, read 21,054,375 times
And while the insurance companies CEOS bask in the sunshine with big cigars in their greedy mouths on their large yachts - they know they got golden goose eggs - coming out of DC for life...
Politics aside- they need to regulate these folks like there is NO tomorrow - but back to, see the pretty birdie....

Old 03-14-2017, 05:53 AM

4,996 posts, read 2,444,621 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinytrump View Post
And while the insurance companies CEOS bask in the sunshine with big cigars in their greedy mouths on their large yachts - they know they got golden goose eggs - coming out of DC for life...
Politics aside- they need to regulate these folks like there is NO tomorrow - but back to, see the pretty birdie....
Truth:

https://a.msn.com/r/2/AAohZmr?m=en-us

A quote---"The Republican plan would cut taxes on the health insurance industry by $145 billion over a decade."

Last edited by EvilEyeFleegle; 03-14-2017 at 05:54 AM.. Reason: Added quote

Old 03-14-2017, 05:55 AM

416 posts, read 253,357 times
In my opinion, a tax penalty for not insuring yourself is not constitutional and does not align with American values of freedom of choice and responsibility.

I'm glad that's done away with. Going to be interesting how this effects insurance companies, I usually invest in them when I expect corrections in the stock market, however while ACA did lower their margins, it did raise their revenues.

Old 03-14-2017, 05:58 AM

35,699 posts, read 21,054,375 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BaskingIguana View Post
In my opinion, a tax penalty for not insuring yourself is not constitutional and does not align with American values of freedom of choice and responsibility.

I'm glad that's done away with. Going to be interesting how this effects insurance companies, I usually invest in them when I expect corrections in the stock market, however while ACA did lower their margins, it did raise their revenues.
Can I get rid of my car insurance too? the Ins cos are the most greedy monsters of them all-

Old 03-14-2017, 06:04 AM

57,271 posts, read 26,199,434 times
Quote:

Going to an emergency room because you didn't buy coverage, is that an American value, going on Medicaid for the same reason are these American values

Old 03-14-2017, 06:05 AM

57,271 posts, read 26,199,434 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinytrump View Post
Can I get rid of my car insurance too? the Ins cos are the most greedy monsters of them all-
Only if you promise never to get into an accident, you should also be able to forgo health care if you promise to never get sick.

Old 03-14-2017, 06:06 AM

76,971 posts, read 47,621,806 times
Quote:
They will respond by raising premiums. How else can they make up for the loss of income?

Old 03-14-2017, 06:06 AM

18,461 posts, read 7,087,596 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gallowsCalibrator View Post
Because choosing to own/drive a car is an active choice one makes. You don't need car insurance until you make the active choice to purchase a car.

Healthcare is a bit different in that you don't just wake up and say, "ya know what I need to get today? Cancer." You don't go to a New/Used Cancer Lot and finance yourself a pretty little cancer to call your own.

You choose to buy a car. You don't choose to trip on the sidewalk and bust your chin open just to get some fancy stitches.

You choose to buy a car. You don't choose to have a heart attack.
OK....

So why force insurance companies to cover preexisting conditions?

Isn't that kind of like forcing auto insurance companies to cover wrecks when you had them before you bought your auto insurance?

See how this works?

Old 03-14-2017, 06:13 AM

18,461 posts, read 7,087,596 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vacoder View Post
Did I say mandate car insurance to those who do not drive? No I did not. But on the same token using the logic of people who say they do not need health insurance and it should not be mandated why not the choice if I do drive? If I hit someone maybe I could cover their losses. My decision right?
No.

Because your choosing not to have health insurance is only potentially detrimental to you.

Not having car insurance when you drive is potentiality extremely detrimental to everyone else on the road.

Now, you could make the argument that not having health insuranceis detrimental to others.... but that's only theoretical and only in a financial way.

Not having car insurance when you drive is detrimental to others in a very real and very physical way.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies