Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-06-2017, 09:14 PM

41,111 posts, read 25,583,631 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by evilcart View Post
the GOP are doing this because they believe only a select few should enjoy good healthcare, they want the average guy working so hard he or she never sees they are getting no where and working themselves to death just to get by.
Select few? Oh, there's that jealousy thing. What's wrong, are you going to have to pay your fair share?

Quote:
Originally Posted by evilcart View Post
when everyone has protection the costs drop , but the gop purposely and repeatedly broke the ACA to make sure people would not see the benefits fully.
Listening to too much liberal media I see. Even with Obamacare everyone wasn't protected and COST certainly didn't drop.

Old 03-06-2017, 09:15 PM

7,469 posts, read 6,191,395 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seacove View Post
Maybe they will. I'm a Democrat and I pay huge taxes. I get no government benefits, I paid for my own college and I have a long line of military in my family. But I don't agree with Republicans and I find Trump repellent. The one thing I want to see is this country get so much Trump they develop PTSD at the sound of his name. Paul Ryan controlling all this is just funny, the guy that has been wanting to privatize Medicare and Social Security for years. I hope they get it all, everything they want, and seniors are left going "what happened?" Because seniors have been fine with younger voters paying two thirds of their health care, it will be poetic to see them gouged by their own party.
As a senior, I just want to say "Thank You" for the contributions you have made to my Medicare for the last fourteen years. I have been able to invest that two thirds that I didn' t have to pay . So again, thank you.

Old 03-06-2017, 09:15 PM

38,971 posts, read 50,916,728 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EveryLady View Post
I don't think Trump ever had a plan. Nor is likely to come up with one. This is Ryan. Trump will be courted by the various "sides" in the up-coming debate between the House and Senate for his tweet-power. That and to sign at the end.
This certainly is not a good deal for his base in the rust belt - the people who work minimum wage jobs with no insurance, the medicaid states like Kentucky, those who work for smaller employers who were forced to provide coverage (or large ones like Walmart) and will now drop it. They are really getting screwed over here.

Old 03-06-2017, 09:17 PM

33,775 posts, read 16,770,182 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ponderosa View Post
This certainly is not a good deal for his base in the rust belt - the people who work minimum wage jobs with no insurance, the medicaid states like Kentucky, those who work for smaller employers who were forced to provide coverage (or large ones like Walmart) and will now drop it. They are really getting screwed over here.

MW earners are <3% of the US workforce.

Old 03-06-2017, 09:17 PM

21,989 posts, read 15,617,513 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by petch751 View Post
Young moms in the prime of their lives, who keeps popping them out, who didn't pay into the system and you want to b*tch about people who worked all their lives, paid payroll taxes, and don't qualify for medicare until their 65 years old. Really?

Un Freakin believable.
Even if they paid for fifty years (they don't usually) they only pay about a THIRD of the medical benefits they cost. And people on disability can get it much younger, even in their twenties if they can claim some impairment. Apparently in West Virginia, it's not hard to do. This is the Trump plan and I so love watching Republicans have to support this because they have no choice. It's time for these people to "Pay their fair share".

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ponderosa View Post
I hear tiny violins. They voted for Trump and never appreciated how Obama was trying to help them. Watching them lose coverage or get major price increases is so poetic. Paul Ryan, do Medicare next!

Old 03-06-2017, 09:18 PM

9,842 posts, read 7,591,220 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BobNJ1960 View Post
I disagree. This allows plans to remain what insurance should be for, large cost events not tied to lifestyle decisions.
If I am reading it right...Private insurances won't be affected. Only State Insurances affecting woman with low income from receiving birth control or choosing an abortion. Don't agree with either but it is a women's choice.

Old 03-06-2017, 09:23 PM

24,261 posts, read 14,117,651 times
http://www.foxnews.com/politics/inte...alth-care-act/

Link to text of bill.

Old 03-06-2017, 09:24 PM

33,775 posts, read 16,770,182 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RunD1987 View Post
If I am reading it right...Private insurances won't be affected. .

Great, so the option is there, and people may freely choose either way.

Liberty is wonderful.

Old 03-06-2017, 09:25 PM

21,989 posts, read 15,617,513 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by troymclure View Post
We should all wait until we see Trump's plan. After all, he promised everyone would have coverage, and "you can have everything."

Surely he wouldn't bail on his promise and leave it to Ryan, et al.
That's pretty funny.

Old 03-06-2017, 09:25 PM

9,837 posts, read 4,598,153 times
worth noting that HSA is going to 13000 a year that is double the current level and has catch up.

as far as i am concerned trump ryan is throwing money at me again.

the cadi tax is pushed out another five years to 25, and HSA is now worth at least a couple thousand in tax savings...

trump loves giving money to folks like me..

sure he slashed ACA for the average worker who took a risk and voted Trump, but he is throwing the cash to us high income dems who against him and voted to protect those too dumb to protect themselves...

sorry that you trusted the chump and he just keeps screwing you over...so so sorry. now i suggest you tatoo it on your foreheads so tht in 2018 they dont fool you again
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies