Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-22-2017, 11:23 AM

18,801 posts, read 8,467,936 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewbieHere View Post
Under what plan would guarantee any doctor or hospital to be willing participant. None. Unless you are pushing single payer system.
Of course single payer would not necessarily mean willing.

IMO still our best course is a public option and let the private insurers and the docs participate as they please.

Another option would be to lower the age of Medicare enrollment. Doing this would off load a huge amount of medical risks from the private sector.

Old 03-22-2017, 11:23 AM

7,800 posts, read 10,105,281 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by exm View Post
  • Lower premiums. Even the 5x over 3x might not a big deal. 3x$300 vs 5x$175 for example?
  • More choice, better plans.
  • Lower taxes
The pre-existing conditions is already discussed, and you will be covered. Stop spinning, liberals.
Yeah and the "free market" will probably insist on charging people $2,000/month for a basic, barebones plan should they have a pre-existing condition. Hows a working class person supposed to afford $24,000/year for health insurance alone? How are they supposed to cover car insurance? Gas for their car? Property taxes? Electric & water bills? Cable/internet? Food?

That's not "better" by any sense of the term better.

Old 03-22-2017, 11:26 AM

19,621 posts, read 12,218,208 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by moneill View Post
I admire your efforts to attack this complex issue....I hear it is very complicated -- lol...

Sorry -- I do appreciate reading all the various points. It doesn't give me a clear picture of how to get there....but I just know this new plan is different not better -- or better in some areas but not better in others...so it's a trade -- a mediocre plan with Obama's name attached traded for a mediocre plan with Trump's name.

Either way -- it doesn't seem to solve some of the most basic problems......
Its utterly devastating for low income older adults. It is not a trade. There is nothing so punitive in the law now as what TRUMPcare would do to that group. That is all on TRUMP since he states he is behind this plan "1000 percent".

Old 03-22-2017, 11:41 AM

38,936 posts, read 23,889,999 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tillman7 View Post
Donald Trump isn't a conservative and never has been one!

Donald Trump knows nothing and lacks the intellect to make intelligent decisions in Washington. That's why Ryan is using Trump like a "puppet" to bully his personal agenda through Congress. The Republicans voting against the repeal of Obamacare finally are listening to their constituents, "Do Your Job."
The Republicans are screwed in 2018 unless the economy does better. If they repeal and replace the ACA/Obamacare with AHCA/Ryancare/Trumpcare, the old people will vote them out. If they don't, they face the wrath of our fascist in chief who has threatened them.

Old 03-22-2017, 11:47 AM

16,376 posts, read 22,481,067 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodnight View Post
They delayed tomorrows vote
Do you have any links with details? Did they pick a new date yet? I'm not questioning whether your comment it valid. I just can't find any news about the delay and wanted more details. I see something wishy washy that says it might be delayed.

Old 03-22-2017, 12:08 PM

24,202 posts, read 19,202,259 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sware2cod View Post
Do you have any links with details? Did they pick a new date yet? I'm not questioning whether your comment it valid. I just can't find any news about the delay and wanted more details. I see something wishy washy that says it might be delayed.
I'm wondering about the source of that myself. I haven't seen anything suggesting that the vote is being delayed. Just that as of right now, the bill would fail based on Freedom Caucus member votes.

Old 03-24-2017, 04:24 PM

37,315 posts, read 59,854,747 times
So everyone knows by now that Ryan pulled the bill
Trump is backtracking on his well-reported promise to have a bill ready to go on Day 1 to repeal and replace and be cheaper/better than the ACA...
He didn't really come out and blame the Freedom Caucus--said they were his friends--
He blamed the Democrats for not helping replace the ACA with a better bill---
I am surprised his nose didn't grow two inches with that...

Ryan was a man--said that one group would not come through after getting concessions (and he wasn't talking about the Democrats)...and that there was not unity within his party...

Don't think they can pass a bill Draconian enough for the Freedom Caucus--
They acted like they would go for it and then kept nickle and dime-ing Ryan to get more screw-you aspects that Moderates wouldn't go with...

Even if they pass a bill to totally repeal ACA--I don't think the Senate will go for that...

IF they REALLY wanted to improve ACA--they would have to work a deal with the moderates and the Democrats and that if they could swallow their chagrin would be the best hope for America
But they don't want to do that
Ryan wants to take the opportunity to gut Medicaid -- not just take on the ACA--
And the Freedom Caucus wants to kill any form of structure over insurance companies in its love of the "free market"

So insurance companies are dealing with the framework of the ACA...
And STATES if they really want to help their people they can make insurance companies be more attentive to the needs of the people...

Old 03-25-2017, 07:08 AM

13,163 posts, read 1,692,498 times
I'm for many of the very sound ideas that Rand Paul is pushing. He seems to be the only one interested in what's good for the people.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies