Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-07-2017, 06:15 AM

16,236 posts, read 5,882,675 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by zugor View Post
Time for the GOP to change its name.

They will now be known as the Repealicans because the only thing they are willing to do is repeal anything that cuts in the profits for the Corporatists, no matter how much it hurts human beings or the environment.

So lets completely cut out corporate taxes and capital gains taxes and reduce the individual tax rate to 5% for anyone earning $100,000 so that the trickle down of funds to individual citizens will be even higher. Those making less will continue at their current rates because we absolutely need another 56 Billion dollars for the military-industrialists.
Please, By any measure the ACA is a bad law and the program is floundering, as predicted. It needs to be repealed.

Old 03-07-2017, 06:19 AM

9,617 posts, read 6,065,647 times
Childish is, childish does. Not to mention selfish. You can't engage in real dialog, so you take this approach.

Actually, when Medicare cannot meet the 70% threshold, the cost of the medicare premium for ss increases. In 2017 the small cost of living adjustment ss recipients received in 2017 was taken in a medicare premium increase. It is as it should be, though it will certainly press those reliant on only ss.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seacove View Post
There is no reason I should be helping to pay two thirds of Medicare coverage for seniors. They only contribute about a third of their costs. So Paul Ryan taking a machete to Medicare will make me laugh and laugh and laugh. Because seniors typically vote Republican! So good! They can't complain because he's their guy! Everything seniors have been complaining about Obamacare they blissfully ignore when they are the ones benefitting. Slash Paul Ryan, slash! This is so poetic.

Old 03-07-2017, 06:23 AM

15,706 posts, read 11,776,567 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WannaliveinGreenville View Post
So...you are saying 61 Million voters that voted for Trump are idiots?
Yes. Without question.

Old 03-07-2017, 06:24 AM

15,706 posts, read 11,776,567 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluesjuke View Post
"Skyrocketing premiums"

Hmm...did not see Dems here complaining about those current skyrocketing premiums.

Mine have increase 114% already for the same plan.
But now those premiums will go up even more.

Old 03-07-2017, 06:28 AM

57,297 posts, read 26,217,746 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Malloric View Post
Where was the funding coming from to pay for the welfare for Obama Care? There's obviously a funding source somewhere, and no penalties wasn't even coming close to paying for it. I like parts of it. Getting rid of the penalty for a 30% surcharge is okay. Not sure how effective it will be.

Honestly, it's a pretty poor bill but better than I expected. For me personally it will be great. I was one of the minority that didn't get welfare so Obama Care really hurt me. This might as well though. Just depends on what the rates but since they're stripping out pre-existing conditions, probably cheaper.
One of the problems with Obamacare was that they had a lot of sick people jumping in but a total lack of young healthy people so of course it needed large subsidies. I don't see this bill getting approved but they now have a quandary with expenses rising and the GOP has created more instability in the insurance market.

Old 03-07-2017, 06:31 AM

57,297 posts, read 26,217,746 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by earthlyfather View Post
Not up to either of us, but your answer was effectively a I can't respond, so I'll try snark, instead. Carry on.
You have quite a bit of faith that these states can handle this, I do not.

Old 03-07-2017, 06:35 AM

79,907 posts, read 44,210,872 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiyero View Post
But now those premiums will go up even more.
Of course they will. The (D)'s did nothing about that but you are upset that the (R)'s won't either?

Old 03-07-2017, 06:36 AM

79,907 posts, read 44,210,872 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodnight View Post
One of the problems with Obamacare was that they had a lot of sick people jumping in but a total lack of young healthy people so of course it needed large subsidies. I don't see this bill getting approved but they now have a quandary with expenses rising and the GOP has created more instability in the insurance market.
There should be no insurance market.

Old 03-07-2017, 06:37 AM

9,617 posts, read 6,065,647 times
It is not about faith or lack of. It is about getting away from a one size fits all solution. Some states will fail, some will succeed, but in the process a roadmap will develop. We are called The UNITED States, not ONE State for a reason.

Just look at how public education has fared since the DOE was founded, with more and more $$$ and more and more central control and manipulation has been thrown at public education.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodnight View Post
You have quite a bit of faith that these states can handle this, I do not.

Old 03-07-2017, 06:43 AM

50,378 posts, read 63,993,273 times
It is much to early to criticize yet. Hold your horses. A plan has just hit the House of Representatives. There, it will be stretched and shrunk and tweaked before it goes to the Senate. That is how things are supposed to be done.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies