Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-07-2017, 08:45 AM

20,160 posts, read 12,749,142 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by GotHereQuickAsICould View Post
Last I heard, Republicans wanted to move ahead on marking up the bill without CBO input.

This way they'd have no idea what anything cost.
CBO lied about Obamacare. It was on the news recently why they missed the mark so much.

Old 03-07-2017, 08:45 AM

1,640 posts, read 793,905 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoonose View Post
It should have little to no direct effect on individual's Medicare premiums and coverage. If it leads to many more uninsured and sick 64 y/o patients, then that could raise overall Medicare expenses longer term. If they take away some future Medicare funding to fund the GOP plan, that might have some longer term impact.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ponderosa View Post
One impact will be the donut hole in prescription coverage. This was being eliminated in Obamacare in a step wise fashion. It would have been gone in 2018 or 19 IIRC. That presumably will go away along with Obamacare and so the donut hole will come back in full force. It could cost seniors who need meds for chronic conditions thousands of dollars. The tax that paid for it was levied only on the wealthiest Americans. They will get a tax break.
Thank you for the information. I wonder if people will be able to buy more easily from Canada.

Beyond that- hoping this will not impact my family. We have good insurance through an employer (family of 4 and pay 2-300/month premium). We live in MA and have romneycare in case we lose our jobs. No pre-existing conditions (right now). So, hopefully we'll be ok in the short term at least?

Old 03-07-2017, 08:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoonose View Post
They have to pay a 30% premium to get back in. Still could be a bargain for them.
I was hoping for more. I thought 30% is lite.

Old 03-07-2017, 08:47 AM

21,989 posts, read 15,701,211 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NewbieHere View Post
No you don't. You gloat that they will lose healthcare. So much hate from all of your posts.
After all the years of Obamacare attacks this is a (not so guilty) pleasure. It's amazing how easier it is to attack something rather than defend it - as Republicans will see. The best part is Republicans that would have better coverage under Obamacare or will get to experience Paul Ryan's view of healthcare through this and the Medicare benefit reductions.

Quote:
I was hoping for more. I thought 30% is lite.
It's like being in a time machine!!! I remember like it was yesterday hearing Mitt Romney and Newt Gingrich selling Romneycare and the mantra was "personal responsibility". Obamacare implements their plan and suddenly it was "evil penalties". Now that it's a Republican plan, it's back to "personal responsibility.

Old 03-07-2017, 08:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cassy Fae View Post
Thank you for the information. I wonder if people will be able to buy more easily from Canada.

Beyond that- hoping this will not impact my family. We have good insurance through an employer (family of 4 and pay 2-300/month premium). We live in MA and have romneycare in case we lose our jobs. No pre-existing conditions (right now). So, hopefully we'll be ok in the short term at least?
The only thing I blame Massachusetts for is electing Scott Brown which destroyed the public option because they were happy with Romneycare.

Old 03-07-2017, 08:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cassy Fae View Post
Can someone explain to me how this will impact seniors on Medicare? I'm wondering if my mom's premiums will indeed go up. And would it help if she were to move to Massachusetts with me where we have Romney care, which is essentially Obama care/ACA
Probably not now but Paul Ryan wants to reduce Medicare via privatization and vouchers next, so this is just stage 1.

Old 03-07-2017, 08:53 AM

38,859 posts, read 25,519,507 times
Talking Here It Is! Speaker Ryan's and GOP's "Repeal & Replace" ACA Bill

Let's see how well Trumpcare goes over.

Any bets?

Old 03-07-2017, 08:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seacove View Post
After all the years of Obamacare attacks this is a (not so guilty) pleasure. It's amazing how easier it is to attack something rather than defend it - as Republicans will see. The best part is Republicans that would have better coverage under Obamacare or will get to experience Paul Ryan's view of healthcare through this and the Medicare benefit reductions.

It's like being in a time machine!!! I remember like it was yesterday hearing Mitt Romney and Newt Gingrich selling Romneycare and the mantra was "personal responsibility". Obamacare implements their plan and suddenly it was "evil penalties". Now that it's a Republican plan, it's back to "personal responsibility.
At least you admit it. You are a hater. It has nothing to do with the plan. And it doesn't matter what plan, you still spew so much hate.

Old 03-07-2017, 08:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by thriftylefty View Post
No matter what Obama still gets the last laugh. Nobody ever said repeal ACA and go back to the way things were before. The idea that America has to join the rest of the civilized world and provide healthcare for its citizens is going to be Obama's legacy. Read'em and weep.
I feel exactly the same. After eight years of attacking Obama, no matter what crumbs Trump gives Republicans, they have to take the medicine with a smile because they spent eight years saying Obama's plan was worse. Trump could charge them $500 for an aspirin and a band-aid and they would have to smile and say thank you. Wait until Paul Ryan goes after Medicare next!

Old 03-07-2017, 09:00 AM

Quote:
At least you admit it. You are a hater. It has nothing to do with the plan. And it doesn't matter what plan, you still spew so much hate.
Hate? Because Republicans who attacked Obama for eight years in the most visceral nasty way possible now have to eat Trump's plan with a spoon? Because seniors who delighted in attacking Obama will be next to see their Medicare benefits reduced - benefits they only paid about a third of and I pay the other two thirds? We have come full circle and Republicans had no problem with "hate" when it was Obama. Now Republicans get to "live their vote". I'm hoping Obama has a glass of champagne tonight because after this many years of abuse, he's earned it. Congratulations Republicans, enjoy Trump's health care plan. Coming soon...PaulRyanMedivoucher!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies