Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-06-2017, 06:23 PM

8,924 posts, read 5,621,220 times

Advertisements

Don't think this plan is worth crowing about. Glad the Republicans are proud of themselves. Wait until they take on Medicare later in the year. It's going to be a fiasco....

Old 03-06-2017, 06:24 PM

5,701 posts, read 3,219,550 times
Yes yes yes!!!!

Old 03-06-2017, 06:24 PM

9,617 posts, read 6,059,788 times
I wasn't talking about success, or failure. I was talking about many test beds. Economic bases vary from state to state. Population demographics vary. Lifestyles vary. .... The only way to find out what works for various areas of the country is to try programs and program variables out.

Couldn't possibly be any worse than a centrally established, one-size fits all solution, that is dependent on interlocking pieces. Like the stacking block game. Remove one piece and the whole tack collapses.

This is a major problem with dialog. We all prejudge, presume and do not listen.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodnight View Post
I would not assume that just because they were successful in Massachusetts that this will work in the poor states like Alabama and Kentucky,

Old 03-06-2017, 06:25 PM

20,702 posts, read 12,525,985 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by petch751 View Post
Yes Dems created this disaster and it hurt many Americans. Democrats paid a price though, thanks to Obamacare among other things "you got Trump". That's what happens when you hurt so many and ignore them when they tell you their getting financially killed with the premiums. I've even seen someone say "pay it and shut up". Yea, they got their subsidy and that's all they cared about.

The only people who support it is people getting the welfare subsidy.
Only 26 Percent Of Americans Support Full Repeal Of Obamacare, Poll Finds

But the Kaiser survey indicates that there's been a decline in the percentage of Republicans who want to see the law repealed just since October. In that month, 69 percent of GOPers said they favored repealing the entire law. A month later, once it was clear that the GOP would be in control of the health care debate, just 52 percent of Republicans said the law should be repealed.
Similarly, in October, just 11 percent of Republicans said they wanted the law scaled back but not eliminated. In November, that percentage increased to 24 percent.

Only 26 Percent Of Americans Support Full Repeal Of Obamacare, Poll Finds : The Two-Way : NPR

Old 03-06-2017, 06:25 PM

57,221 posts, read 26,172,300 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seacove View Post
Health care is not easy and the problem is, you only have one body. We offer public schooling but not health care? Stupid. I think a basic level of health care should be available to all. But after seven years of screaming, Republicans have to deliver something and the ironic thing is we are paying for the health coverage of the people creating it. While they are calling assorted demographics "takers" we are paying for them. I fully expect the next four years to be as ugly and nasty as it gets and I just want Republicans to cram as much right wingery through until the country can't stand it. They've been running on opposing health care for years so now, let them do what they want, no matter how many it hurts. And let them do the same to Medicare, it's the Republican way.
Good point, let the GOP and congress and step up and go under the new health plan that they are proposing and drop off the federal plan,

Old 03-06-2017, 06:27 PM

21,989 posts, read 15,702,895 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodnight View Post
Good point, let the GOP and congress and step up and go under the new health plan that they are proposing and drop off the federal plan,
That absolutely needs to happen. This feels a little like Christmas. I so look forward to watching Trump voters get to live their vote. Paul Ryan should do Medicare next! Put maximums on everything and privatize. Convert contributions into a health savings account and tell them when it's spent, they are on their own. This is all turning out so poetically.

Old 03-06-2017, 06:27 PM

9,617 posts, read 6,059,788 times
I can live with whatever plays out. If I don't like it, I'll speak up. If you are talking premium support, that might actually work out well. Anyway, you presume way to much lady. Way too much.
Quote:
Originally Posted by jojajn View Post
Will you need Xanax when Paul Ryan axes your Medicare?

Your Road Map To Paul Ryan's Plan To Privatize Medicare

Old 03-06-2017, 06:29 PM

20,702 posts, read 12,525,985 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kimchee View Post
This is a disaster in the making and nowhere close to a reform.... if passed, this is a effectively a noose around the Republicans neck. So long 2018 elections!

Waiting for the Trump supporters come out in droves to protest ....

Old 03-06-2017, 06:31 PM

38,496 posts, read 25,800,800 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by earthlyfather View Post
I can live with whatever plays out. If I don't like it, I'll speak up. If you are talking premium support, that might actually work out well. Anyway, you presume way to much lady. Way too much.
"Premium support" is an euphemism for insurance dump. Remember why Medicare was created in the first place. No insurance company wanted to insure the elderly because they have a lot of health problems and medical costs.
Imagining U.S. seniors in a world without Medicare
Quote:
When Medicare was created in 1965 over 50% of everyone 65 or older had no health insurance. Private insurance failed to meet their needs. Medicare, on the other hand, is a success. It increased the number of insured older adults to 95%. In 1972 Medicare coverage was extended to people with significant disabilities.
http://www.medicareadvocacy.org/old-...ReformMain.htm

Old 03-06-2017, 06:31 PM

57,221 posts, read 26,172,300 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by earthlyfather View Post
I wasn't talking about success, or failure. I was talking about many test beds. Economic bases vary from state to state. Population demographics vary. Lifestyles vary. .... The only way to find out what works for various areas of the country is to try programs and program variables out.

Couldn't possibly be any worse than a centrally established, one-size fits all solution, that is dependent on interlocking pieces. Like the stacking block game. Remove one piece and the whole tack collapses.

This is a major problem with dialog. We all prejudge, presume and do not listen.
Let some of those poorer states be the test beds, that will be an excellent test. Social security works quite well as a centralized system.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies