Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-09-2017, 11:38 AM

778 posts, read 340,078 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enigma777 View Post
Lol. He's a salesman trying to sell his wares. Ironically he gets his health insurance paid for by the taxpayers.

His garbage about health insurance being a 'market' is absolute crap. It is not. But, I do hope it is passed, because this plan will destroy the GOP if put in place.

Wrong. Health Insurance is a product. A commodity. Commodities are sold in a market place.

Economics 101.

Old 03-09-2017, 11:39 AM

9,837 posts, read 4,645,838 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldoKitty View Post
So you are unable to give us your, or for that matter any, definition of "socialized medicine".

Seems odd then that you would demand others do the same.

(see how that works)
again waldo you are simply trying to shift the question away because you nor the OP are able to show a single free market system anywhere in the world.

the question is simple and still unanswered.

ONE country anywhere in the world that does not have a socialized healthcare system.
it does not even have to be excellent, perfect, or even great. Just basicly functional ...

every time someone on the left asks this posters like waldo , Ollie etc , they just deflect , argue over typos, try to change the topic, etc. deflect ,distract rinse repeat that is all they ever provide

Old 03-09-2017, 11:40 AM

572 posts, read 436,359 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by evilcart View Post
again waldo you are simply trying to shift the question away because you nor the OP are able to show a single free market system anywhere in the world.

ONE country anywhere in the world that does not have a socialized healthcare system.
it does not even have to be excellent, perfect, or even great. Just basicly functional ...

every time someone on the left asks this posters like waldo , Ollie etc , they just deflect , argue over typos, try to change the topic, etc. deflect ,distract rinse repeat that is all they ever provide
evilcart seems to not like us, WaldoKitty.

What so ever shall we do.

No more mandates. Only Dems/Libs would be unhappy about this.

Don't take the evilcart's bait.

Old 03-09-2017, 11:42 AM

572 posts, read 436,359 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by evilcart View Post

Answer: There is no country greater than the U.S.A.

If you feel differently.. please renounce your U.S. Citizenship, which I assume you have, and feel free to live there.

Old 03-09-2017, 11:43 AM

22,768 posts, read 30,761,487 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ollie4 View Post

If you feel differently.. please renounce your U.S. Citizenship, which I assume you have, and feel free to live there.
lol what a pathetic argument

Old 03-09-2017, 11:45 AM

18,741 posts, read 7,632,416 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by No_Recess View Post
To be humane?
To make their policy more attractive to buyers, and get more of them to buy it? WITHOUT using govt power to force them?

Old 03-09-2017, 11:45 AM

2,333 posts, read 1,492,333 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by snowtired14 View Post
If it passes, AFAIK that $600B only covers costs for the transition period for claims that are already in the pipeline. The way insurance works is, the people who make claims are paid by premiums of people who do not make claims, so you need many more healthy customers to pay for the sick ones. Even if the 600 big ones was a "gift" to the industry, it's a drop in the bucket compared to annual costs.
And people need to remember... a tax break is only relevant if you make profits and only significant if the tax break outweighs the losses they'll see under the new environment. Executive salary is only one part of a company's costs, so the tax deductibility on that one line item, while not small potatoes, really isn't going to be enough to cover a big loss in revenue year over year.

If I were the insurance company, I'd be saying "not worth it" if it's conditional on staying in the market. Remember United Healthcare lost $1 billion in 2017. How could deductibility on executive salary (a small part of total compensation) outweigh $1b in a year? You're still going to see companies sitting out the market, while taking the deductibility if they can. So not a great outcome for insurance co's (who WANT to be in the markets if possible), and definitely not a great outcome for consumers.

Old 03-09-2017, 11:47 AM

Quote:
I'm fit like Paul Ryan. Are you saying he is fat-shaming.. by taking an interest in physical fitness?
my buddy used to be in recon.

He passed out , his chute automatically opened.....

he got evacuated . turned out he developed type one diabetes.

being in good health is a temporary state for 100% of humans. We have yet to find a single person who has managed to find a way around this.

Healthcare is about managing that risk. We have a 100% certainty of death. Todate. You don't know when your major events will first occur. Your failure to appreciate your real risk is the only reason you think not having insurance is a good move.

One does not insure for avoid paying one insures to avoid catastrophic risk. the rest of your insurance costs are really just smoothing out the payments.

Old 03-09-2017, 11:47 AM

7,132 posts, read 4,777,521 times
Quote:
If the Individual Mandate is removed...

And the Employer Mandate is removed...

Then HOW are we ALL not jumping up and down for joy on this.

I don't have insurance. I don't need it. The sooner I can stop being penalized for that, the better.

I STILL get refunds...
If you fall down and break your leg and have bills totaling $20k, you are going to pay it, right? Or are you going to be another one of those "I don't need insurance" deadbeats that just goes to the ER and forces the county to pay the bill? In other words, forcing all of us tax payers to foot your medical costs?

Old 03-09-2017, 11:49 AM

Quote:

now that is a fallacious argument ... (just helping you figure them out waldo, i saw you having trouble with the concept earlier.)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies