Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-10-2017, 08:38 AM

79,914 posts, read 44,178,048 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by AfriqueNY View Post
Insurance companies spend millions in lobby money. They OWN the GOP. Listen. If I was a business owner concerned with getting rich, why would I offer insurance to my employees? It would cost me 20 to 30k a year to pay for my employees to have health insurance. Per person. It's only in my best interest to do so if I'm forced to attract the best talent in small pool. Joe from Kentucky with "conservative" work ethic doesn't qualify. There should be single payer public option..... Paid for with OUR tax dollars . If your job doesn't offer it and you can't afford the same plan tom cotton has, then jump on the public plan. The insurance companies may March in the streets with pitchforks and torches but who cares. Joe needs his teeth fixed .
Employers dropped hours to avoid providing insurance as laid out under Obamacare. The insurance and pharmaceutical companies wrote Obamacare behind closed doors.

People like yourself who only want to blame one side are the reason we can not get done what needs to be done.

8,518 posts, read 3,753,593 times
I have seen fist hand what happens to the uninsured and working poor when cancer hits. It ain't pretty. Imagine if your child has cancer and you can't pay for it out of pocket. The child dies.

5,472 posts, read 3,223,445 times
People... stop getting caught in the "drama Spins"..... THINK...

You need to become independent thinkers, not REACTOR'S to the drama spins that do absolutely nothing, while the Right Wing Politicians push through their programs that result to mess you over, While the Democrats sit and not get out and tell the people "the whole truth" of the matter. They too get hung up playing" punch and jab" games with Right Winger who have a fetish for masochistic interplay, they get off on that type of game play, its their passion, and then they don't care how they gain a dollar, they just care that they gain the dollar, and it is the nature of the Masochist, to seek out the punch and jab, so they get their thrill and your dollars.

THINK.... You the people, have the power to change this.

First and Foremost: RESPECT YOUR VOTE !!! ( To do so is to be INFORMED) !!!

Think... we want qualifications and people to be qualified to do jobs in American... Yet, we elect UNQUALIFIED people to the Job that mean the most and can do the most damage to society... The job of Politician.

That's how INSANE WE ARE AS A SOCIETY !!!!

Think:
We Should NOT Elect "NO PERSON" to any level of any political office,
who has not invested to train in Political Science with Heavy study in Civic's, Social Science and Public Policy and the Study of Democratic Governance.

We better learn to respect our system, to make sure the people being elected are qualified to be elected.

Most fought president Obama, because not only was he learned in Political Science, Heavy Study and Actual Work in Civic Community, and Worked in the Social Sciences and Public Policy, all of which things led him to seek this work, in Community Organizing, which is among the highest levels in our society, because everything moves from and by and through our communities. Then, he worked his way up with a sole aim, of developing better policy for American people and American. "Republican Fought that the same as the Confederate have always fought against the system of Democracy and Equality and fair play social systems).

He President Obama, was despised by the Right Winger because they have never supported a society based on making itself Non Discriminatory. they detest a black man, trying to remove the basis of Discrimination from our Policy Making System of which Right Wingers fight so hard to spread even more of such madness in our system.

He had to pursue it One step at a time, because over many decades and many centuries, the Discrimination system had built policy against, women, against minorities, against poor white men, against poor black men, against women in general of all ethnicity, against the ages, against the people with various relations based on their sexual conduct, against various religions against everything one can imagine. It was like trying to climb a ladder where the rungs are so close together one almost does not have enough room to get a foothold, and it was built like that by design, to avoid anyone from climbing the ladder and dismantling this madness from the Top Down. Republican fought this by every means, because their system built upon and based upon the Old Model of Antebellum Society under a Confederate Ideology, did not and does not want or have concern for the people to be empowered, informed, intellegent and aware and they are not in support of any provisions made for the benefit upon people helping people within the Antebellum Confederate's Ideological Plans.

We better reclaim America for Americans !!!!! , and wake up, stand up and once and for all..Banish this Confederate Ideology from our system and demolish the Antebellum Model of Class Divisiveness.. (you can't banish it until you become wise enough to be aware enough to see it for what it is) It is Overtly Evident In the Right Winger Mentality, Aims, Objectives, Methods, Manners and their Goals. blind yourself unto acknowledging such visible facts at your own risk... and perils.

Think People..... Think.... Until you do, you will do nothing but spin in these drama games, get spun around in these drama games and the chatter will be the same... pointless bickering with slap stick coined phrases, that result to mean absolutely nothing, but the end result is the people have only descended into lower levels of ignorance, and are made less aware than when they started their game of "slap stick" Pun exchanges.

Think..... Just slow down and THINK.. !!!

Most of those lost in drama spins will try and "bury" this post as quick as possible... but the aware will address it and move the awareness forward with their own contributory commentary to awaken the masses.

Last edited by Chance and Change; 03-10-2017 at 08:59 AM..

Old 03-10-2017, 08:39 AM
exm

3,720 posts, read 1,779,146 times
At first I was against the plan, and agreed with the ObamaCare Lite label. Then the attacks came from the media, the Dems and some conservatives which made me study the proposal.

I like it now.

Listen, the key thing to keep in mind is that there are limits to reconciliation. For example, the ability to purchase across state lines can't be added to this bill. I'm sure the bill will be tweaked: I don't understand why under ObamaCare older people's insure can be 3x as expensive and under this one 5x.

If the GOP doesn't do anything THIS YEAR, they might lose the house in 2018 and the Dems will wait it out and replace ObamaCare with a single payer plan. We need this. Now.

Old 03-10-2017, 08:39 AM

7,150 posts, read 4,901,981 times
President Fruit Loops played to states with high heroin users, saying he'd come to their aid. Yeah, right. His plan drops the mandate for addiction treatment.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...=.42db8e8dd1ac

Old 03-10-2017, 08:40 AM

4,958 posts, read 2,235,374 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by petch751 View Post
I bought my own insurance. I paid $450.00 a month for two people before Obamacare, now I'm paying a little over $900.00 a month. I hear I'm one the lucky, there are people paying even more.
You are. My estimate was over $1600.00 a month with that bull**** "Shared Responsibility Payment" topping $3700.00.

Luckily, I did not have to purchase it because both my family and I are covered by employee benefits.

Old 03-10-2017, 08:40 AM

42,839 posts, read 26,247,208 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
I've not seen it in any plan outside of those I voted for. Sanders and Stein.
They lost. It's odd how so many claim to want this but refused to actually vote for it.
Nothing new about people voting against their self interests, look at the demographics of Trump voters, they clearly never even thought about how absurd it was to claim that we could deport 11 million mexicans and bring jobs back that were largely lost to automation.

Old 03-10-2017, 08:41 AM

8,518 posts, read 3,753,593 times
Quote:
Employers dropped hours to avoid providing insurance as laid out under Obamacare. The insurance and pharmaceutical companies wrote Obamacare behind closed doors.

People like yourself who only want to blame one side are the reason we can not get done what needs to be done.
I'm not blaming one side. Dems and Repubs BOTH took money from the insurance lobby. I get it. I also understand how employers cut hours and doubled up on part time staff to avoid paying insurance. Insurance is for profit. Period. The point is to cover everyone to lower the cost for everyone so that the system can make a profit. Like car insurance does.

39,073 posts, read 51,209,674 times
Quote:
I've not seen it in any plan outside of those I voted for. Sanders and Stein.

They lost. It's odd how so many claim to want this but refused to actually vote for it.
Politically, the Dems had to run on backing Obamacare. Their hands were tied to a failing plan. Once this repeal goes forward and it becomes Trumpcare, they can then get behind single payer universal or whatever you want to call it. It could be the defining topic of the 2018 elections.

8,840 posts, read 4,803,251 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AfriqueNY View Post
I think this is the best and most coherent response . Nobody can argue with you on this one. I have been in two very bad car accidents in my life. Both would have cost me hundreds of thousands (broken bones, years of time out of work and platinum physical therapy) . I was 21 the first time. Not a penny to my name. Thank you to all the NYers who subsidized my OUTSTANDING medical care when I was knocked out cold and bleeding in the back of an ambulance. I couldn't have made a full recovery without you. Why does auto insurance work????? Because it's MANDATED. Drops mic.
You are very welcome. Those who have never been in a situation where they were dependent on insurance are very lucky, but we all never know when we will be the ones on the receiving end.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies