Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-07-2017, 11:04 AM

763 posts, read 379,614 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by KS_Referee View Post
I'm seriously answering when I say, "I gaf what they do. I am NOT responsible for their damn health care."

Quit demanding to steal from me in order to pay for something I myself must pay for to have.

Let them die in the damn streets for all I care. I am NOT responsible for ANYONE'S health care but my own and my immediate family's.

Come try to take the money from my pocket to pay for your healthcare you f*****g thief! I'll give you free health care via a high velocity lead vaccination.

Earn your own and pay for your own.
and I bet you claim to be a Christian too...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-07-2017, 11:05 AM

2,333 posts, read 1,489,213 times
Quote:
How is others demand to keep up with the Jones' of the world, not saving for their future my fault or my problem?

I started saving at 12. I got aggressive with my saving and "always pay yourself first" after my foster parents explained it to me. I retired at 49, and will never owe a cent to another person because I made major sacrifices that others refuse to make. How is it MY fault, and why am I being called on to provide for them after all their selfishness?

I didn't have a single vacation until after I retired. I never bought a new car, not as a worker, not as one who could afford buying whatever I want. I sacrificed for mine and my family's future... NOT for the useless people who constantly demand stuff and technology that I went without for the longest time.

How is anyone else MY problem?
I don't know if you're just ranting at this point or if you're willfully ignoring the reality I've tried to present you. I agree with you... it SUCKS that you have to pay for anyone else. It sucks that I do. I'm young and healthy as an ox, so of course I don't want to pay for something with a cancer patient's costs baked in (or, frankly, someone older like you).

Unfortunately, the reality is you are paying for it and so am I. Our common "enemy" is people who can't/don't want to buy health insurance. You WANT them insured so they pay for their own care, and not you.

Old 03-07-2017, 11:07 AM

3,617 posts, read 1,821,634 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by user491 View Post
and I bet you claim to be a Christian too...

Yes... I do. I bet I've done more to help people in need in a single year than you will do in a lifetime.

Old 03-07-2017, 11:08 AM

89,018 posts, read 44,824,472 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darrett View Post
Ding ding ding! Hospitals are required to provide care.
Actually, they're only required to stabilize a patient. At that point, I suggest that those interested form a charitable organization to provide any subsequent health care. Put your money where your mouths are. You want to fund health care for those who've been too irresponsible to care for their own health, buy insurance, and/or pay their own way? Now's your chance to shine.

Old 03-07-2017, 11:10 AM

3,617 posts, read 1,821,634 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BicoastalAnn View Post
I don't know if you're just ranting at this point or if you're willfully ignoring the reality I've tried to present you. I agree with you... it SUCKS that you have to pay for anyone else. It sucks that I do. I'm young and healthy as an ox, so of course I don't want to pay for something with a cancer patient's costs baked in (or, frankly, someone older like you).

Unfortunately, the reality is you are paying for it and so am I. Our common "enemy" is people who can't/don't want to buy health insurance. You WANT them insured so they pay for their own care, and not you.

What did people do a mere 80 years ago? Did they use government to STEAL from others in order to pay for the healthcare of people who couldn't afford it?

No one has a RIGHT to healthcare... especially healthcare at the expense of others.

Old 03-07-2017, 11:10 AM

89,018 posts, read 44,824,472 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Minethatbird View Post
Well allegedly more people are insured under Obamacare. Yet my premiums, deductibles and co-pays have all increased.
And US life expectancy has decreased.

Old 03-07-2017, 11:11 AM

35,700 posts, read 21,054,375 times
Quote:
How is others demand to keep up with the Jones' of the world, not saving for their future my fault or my problem?

I started saving at 12. I got aggressive with my saving and "always pay yourself first" after my foster parents explained it to me. I retired at 49, and will never owe a cent to another person because I made major sacrifices that others refuse to make. How is it MY fault, and why am I being called on to provide for them after all their selfishness?

I didn't have a single vacation until after I retired. I never bought a new car, not as a worker, not as one who could afford buying whatever I want. I sacrificed for mine and my family's future... NOT for the useless people who constantly demand stuff and technology that I went without for the longest time.

Do you have a fam? would like to hear their thoughts-

Old 03-07-2017, 11:12 AM

46,952 posts, read 25,990,037 times
Quote:
At least you're honest in declaring "I've got mine, **** you" a guiding principle.

Old 03-07-2017, 11:12 AM

12,275 posts, read 7,140,056 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kevinm View Post
If you don't have the means to cover a $7K emergency, you have other issues in your life.
What if it's a $200K emergency (which is not uncommon at all)?

Should everyone just have a spare $200,000 they can easily throw at the bill?

Old 03-07-2017, 11:13 AM

46,952 posts, read 25,990,037 times
Quote:
What did people do a mere 80 years ago?
They croaked, as befits those of lesser means in your envisioned society.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies