Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-07-2017, 03:03 PM

1,666 posts, read 1,017,706 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chriz Brown View Post
Why do people on this forum totally ignore facts and ignore valid arguments against their side? Its just constant knee-jerk attacks with no analysis or support provided.

Why do you assume everything FOX NEWS or CNN tells you is automatically true just because the guy on the TeeVee happens to be someone from your political party?

Are people really this dumb?
It's easier to jump on an ideological or fanboy bandwagon than it is to look at issues individually and think critically in order to come to informed opinions and conclusions. It's also easier to take a knee-jerk position than it is to simply say, "I don't know".

On this forum we see people being painted by broad strokes as "leftist" or otherwise because they hold a position or two. It's as if people are cheering for sports teams.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-07-2017, 03:24 PM

38,859 posts, read 25,531,346 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WhipperSnapper 88 View Post
You're part of the problem...
I'm not a follower of Limblob, Hannity, or what the GOP has devolved into, so I must be.

Quote:
The fact you can't see or aren't willing to acknowledge that this hyper partisanship is endemic on your side of the isle too.
In reaction to the hyperpartisan nonsense from the right.

Old 03-07-2017, 04:00 PM

13,933 posts, read 12,893,585 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Gringo View Post
I'm not a follower of Limblob, Hannity, or what the GOP has devolved into, so I must be.

In reaction to the hyperpartisan nonsense from the right.

.....and the hysterical, blind partisanship continues.

Irony.... it's a crazy thing.

Old 03-07-2017, 04:28 PM

11,578 posts, read 13,945,935 times
All I see are a bunch of people that take politics waaaaay too seriously.

Old 03-07-2017, 04:54 PM

13,933 posts, read 12,893,585 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 01Snake View Post
What exactly could be any more serious than politics?

You'll forgive me if I don't give a ***** about which Kardashion sister is doing what, or who has the most running yards in the NFL this season.... things that a lot of people follow religiously but don't mean a thing in the real world.

Old 03-07-2017, 04:55 PM

38,859 posts, read 25,531,346 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 01Snake View Post

That, too.

View it as entertainment and it's a lot more enjoyable.

Old 03-07-2017, 05:03 PM

11,578 posts, read 13,945,935 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Gringo View Post
That, too.

View it as entertainment and it's a lot more enjoyable.

Pretty much. I'm just here to push buttons and entertain myself.

Old 03-07-2017, 05:08 PM

59,017 posts, read 27,290,738 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stockwiz View Post
I get a good laugh out of it.

"Why are people so blindly partisan right now?

"I get a good laugh out of it"

I think there a lot of people on here who are so immature that they get a kick out of "stirring the stick"

They are NOT interested in engaging adult discussions on the issues.

Old 03-07-2017, 05:16 PM

59,017 posts, read 27,290,738 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Canaan-84 View Post
I would like to see a list, and from a credible source not those alt right or conservative blogs.

I mean from the top of my head, we know Trump has lied about:

A) Electoral college win being the biggest in its history - Bush Sr. holds that title

B) Obama wiretapping him - FBI has denied it

C) Healthcare for everyone - that new bill which he praised on twitter doesn't cover everyone

D) He said he'd release his tax returns, then said he couldn't because of an audit - IRS says nothing is stopping him from releasing them

E) Claim of millions illegally voting without any proof - yeah some news items popped up that showed some had voted twice or improperly (some of which were republicans), but that doesn't translate to millions

F) Flip flopping on Flynn on whether or not he has his support

G) The unemployment and economy being a complete disaster - unemployment has been at its lowest for a long time and the economy has been steadily rising. Is it perfect, no but it's not disastrous as Trump claimed.

I mean if he lies about so many benign things, can you imagine about the more serious stuff?

And considering they haven't even started to investigate a connection between Russia and Trump administration, how can anyone claim it's false when the investigation has not even officially begun?
"I would like to see a list, and from a credible source not those alt right or conservative blogs."

THAT answers the question.

Many on here from the left believes that ANYTHING from a "right source" is B.S. and EVERYTHING from the left is gospel!

Old 03-07-2017, 06:09 PM

18,561 posts, read 7,368,531 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chriz Brown View Post
Why do people on this forum totally ignore facts and ignore valid arguments against their side?
It's because the stakes are so high. The continued existence of the traditional American nation hangs in the balance. That's what motivates the right.

The left is motivated by its hatred for, or at least its desire to replace, the traditional American nation and by the shocking recognition that -- for once -- that nation has mounted a moderately successful counterattack. Resistance cannot be tolerated.

Some people don't know or care very much about what's going on (even if they may have voted for Clinton or Trump). They don't bother to post on political discussion boards.

Last edited by hbdwihdh378y9; 03-07-2017 at 06:21 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies