Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-07-2017, 06:30 PM

38,859 posts, read 25,521,957 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by 01Snake View Post
Pretty much. I'm just here to push buttons and entertain myself.

And as I'm sure you've seen, some buttons are very easily pushed.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-07-2017, 06:40 PM

2,685 posts, read 2,520,526 times
Off topic.

Also, I'm not blindly partisan.

I ask questions to better understand why Cons believe what they do. But its hard to get answers to questions because the usual response is to just attack Obama, Hillary or liberals. Kind of what you are doing now. Avoiding the question and going straight for the attack.

Old 03-07-2017, 06:41 PM

3,006 posts, read 1,491,307 times
Trench warfare. When the fireworks start people run to the trenches. The parties did the work of building trenches and duopolizing the trench market.

Old 03-07-2017, 06:47 PM

2,685 posts, read 2,520,526 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sonnymarkjiz View Post
Chris always comes in here once a week, asks a random question but leans super leftist and posts stuff from a biased, SJW point of view, then leaves.
And everything you post leans super right.

What is your point?

Old 03-07-2017, 06:47 PM

9,437 posts, read 7,364,856 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chriz Brown View Post
Off topic.

I ask questions to better understand why Cons believe what they do. But its hard to get answers to questions because the usual response is to just attack Obama, Hillary or liberals. Kind of what you are doing now. Avoiding the question and going straight for the attack.
No it's not, and yes you are as you keep proving. Why don't you explain why YOU are so blindly partisan as you constantly demonstrate?

Old 03-07-2017, 06:50 PM

13,163 posts, read 1,687,867 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RCCCB View Post
It all goes back to the first instance of political party over country in 1987 by Democrats regarding the Judge Bork issue where Bork got Borked. Things totally split more from right there.
Yes, that and myriad other things...and then there's Gruberism...how many times does that enter into what Dems try to pass off on us?

Last edited by swbtoo; 03-07-2017 at 08:19 PM.. Reason: sp

Old 03-07-2017, 06:52 PM

14,361 posts, read 9,783,323 times
Quote:
Why do people on this forum totally ignore facts and ignore valid arguments against their side? Its just constant knee-jerk attacks with no analysis or support provided.

Why do you assume everything FOX NEWS or CNN tells you is automatically true just because the guy on the TeeVee happens to be someone from your political party?

Are people really this dumb?
It's called the Public Education System where critical thinking skills are replaced with ideological mind melds.

Has anyone actually tried a few common core lessons?

As the great Slick Willy once said "it's the craziest thing in the world"

Old 03-07-2017, 06:59 PM

14,361 posts, read 9,783,323 times
Originally Posted by North Beach Person
I don't know. Why don't you ask the author of these threads?
Why Do Some People Hate the Environment?
The GOP builds up the military mostly to protect the elite class
Why are Trump supporters blind followers?
Why do Republicans expect cooperation now?
Why do so many racists feel empowered by Trump?
Why don't Some Republican's care about the environment?
It's all Trump's fault the U.S. is so divided
Why are Republicans ok with violating the constitution?

Quote:
Off topic.

You just said you're not partisan and made it a point to be partisan!

WTF

His list was not off topic, you just had nothing to say about how progs view EVERYTHING through identity and label EVERYONE who dare to have an individual thought.

Look, I stand up for true liberals. I believe they are dying on the vine as extreme liberals suck the life out of their party. We all know who the extremists are in here, they make it painfully obvious and care little for how stupid they appear as they hide behind their anonymous (and usually dumbass) handles.

Not showing their identity doesn't change the fact they are idiots. If this offends anyone, on any side, then it probably applies.

Old 03-07-2017, 07:04 PM

27,213 posts, read 46,724,071 times
Quote:
Why do people on this forum totally ignore facts and ignore valid arguments against their side? Its just constant knee-jerk attacks with no analysis or support provided.

Why do you assume everything FOX NEWS or CNN tells you is automatically true just because the guy on the TeeVee happens to be someone from your political party?

Are people really this dumb?
Only the left. Many Republicans didn't like what Megan Kelly and for example Shepherd Smith say and do and therefore they don't buy everything that is said on Fox News so your statement only aplies to the left.

Old 03-07-2017, 08:25 PM

13,163 posts, read 1,687,867 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bentlebee View Post
Only the left. Many Republicans didn't like what Megan Kelly and for example Shepherd Smith say and do and therefore they don't buy everything that is said on Fox News so your statement only aplies to the left.
That's a fair assessment.

I think it's realistic to say that the left is blindly partisan. Ideology is blinding.

The right is partisan but not blindly so.

I say that based on observing the type of posts from the left vs. right. Left engages in more attacks with not much thoughtful content. Many on the left simply appear argumentative.

I listen to MSM and Fox News, compare the two and there's no doubt that the left is absolutely in a rabid feeding frenzy right now...and most in their audience swallow the propaganda without questioning. That's blind partisanship. I don't see that on the right to the same extent.

The country is in deep trouble and unless people start thinking for themselves they will be contributing to the deepening of the crisis. The left has launched an all-out attack on President Trump, a duly elected President. They are in shock that they lost and now are focused on destroying him with whatever it takes. While the right didn't like Obama's policies and much of what he did, they didn't set out to destroy him with such vengeance.

What I see happening now, on the left, is troubling.

Last edited by swbtoo; 03-07-2017 at 08:42 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies