Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-07-2017, 11:02 PM

14,268 posts, read 18,835,666 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by katygirl68 View Post
You asked why only US documents are being released by Wikileaks. These documents come from whistleblowers inside the government agency. Very few people in Russia are willing to risk their lives to do that.

Edward Snowden feared for his life here so he went to the airport and tried to get into another country, but none of our allies would accept him except Russia. I'm sure he wishes he would have gone to some media source here and never left the country, but he's stuck now. Since his secrets are our secrets, I suppose he is safe from poisoning.
Why you and so many others aren't more concerned that our country's intelligence agencies are being targeted is puzzling to me. Just because they have the ability to use cell phones and smart televisions as cyber weapons doesn't mean they are spying on John and Jane Doe. How long have you been on the Internet? I remember the first time a saw a message pop-up on AOL 22 years ago and realized anyone could get into my computer, not just the government.

I'm more curious about the timing of the latest "dump" since it comes at a very good time for Trump. Right after the Access Hollywood tape brought Trump down and Clinton's poll numbers were climbing, the DNC emails were released. Now the probe into Trump's ties with Russia is getting hot (Flynn resigning, Sessions recusing himself) and guess what? Wikileaks! What a great distraction for our nutty President.

Last edited by justNancy; 03-07-2017 at 11:20 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-07-2017, 11:11 PM

88,552 posts, read 44,283,634 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vroomerroomer View Post
Trump is somewhat smart to get all of this out. Now, should a hair on his head be harmed, the country will cease to exist and with it, the CIA.

Wonder if there is a high stakes game of chicken going on. Good for Trump. They may get him, but they go too.

Nice.
Likely.

Draining the swamp creates quite the stink, both literally and figuratively, no?

Old 03-07-2017, 11:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by vroomerroomer View Post
The gov has been spying on everyone including citizens forever. What is different now is the scale and scope.

Now, they can easily access things which might be used to kill you. Listening in on a conversation is one thing. Controlling your car or sending a drone to say hello to you are quite another.

With the push of a button you could be completely offed. This is, after all, what we are doing to others. Perhaps those bad guys deserve it, but sooner or later this 'pushing of a button' will happen to Americans and everyone else.
That's why I still have one older motor vehicle without such technology. No OnStar. Nothing.

Old 03-07-2017, 11:24 PM

21,394 posts, read 10,444,504 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by justNancy View Post
Why you and so many others aren't more concerned that our country's intelligence agencies are being targeted is puzzling to me. Just because they have the ability to use cell phones and smart televisions as cyber weapons doesn't mean they are spying on John and Jane Doe. How long have you been on the Internet? I remember the first time a saw a message pop-up on AOL 22 years ago and realized anyone could get into my computer, not just the government.

I'm more curious about the timing of the latest "dump" since it comes at a very good time for Trump. Right after the Access Hollywood tape brought Trump down and Clinton's poll numbers were climbing, the DNC emails were released. Now the probe into Trump's ties with Russia is getting hot (Flynn resigning, Sessions recusing himself) and guess what? Wikileaks! What a great distraction for our nutty President.
This is not a partisan issue. This should truly concern everyone. It doesn't help Trump except to expose that the Deep State truly exists and can destroy anyone if they choose to. We are edging ever closer to the totalitarian state that George Orwell warned about in 1984. Nowhere to run to baby, nowhere to hide. Can't even hide your thoughts pretty soon.

And as I mentioned before, no one in Russia would want to risk exposing everything to Wikileaks. And probably Assange is a little more worried about Putin's retaliation than ours. He knows the United States doesn't want to be exposed as killers before the world (though Hillary did ask why we couldn't just drone him once...as exposed by Wikileaks).

Last edited by katygirl68; 03-07-2017 at 11:33 PM..

Old 03-07-2017, 11:26 PM

I'm wondering now if cell phone manufacturers weren't strong-armed into ending user replaceable batteries in their devices. If the battery is removed, a location can't be traced. But with the battery permanently attached? It's possible to do so.

Old 03-08-2017, 12:08 AM

14,268 posts, read 18,835,666 times
Quote:
This is not a partisan issue. This should truly concern everyone.
I'm not quite sure what you're saying we should be concerned about, since there's no evidence that the technology was used to spy on American citizens, which would be illegal without a warrant.

Old 03-08-2017, 02:33 AM

24,342 posts, read 22,900,292 times
I have to wonder. Last week there was that east coast internet outage supposedly caused by Amazon having a problem with Cloud. We lost our internet service for a few days and couldn't determine the cause. Then it came back suddenly. Amazon has a Cloud contract with the CIA. I'm an outspoken critic of the government and both parties and have stated that I think the deep state is a threat to the country and that the CIA is compromised BIG TIME and that's tied in with Pizzagate. Now I hear through Wikileaks that the CIA has been going gangbusters spying and using malware to keep tabs on everybody. Would they waste time going after nobody loudmouths like me? I guess so. And its made me support Donald Trump even more. You he's taking those weekends off to get away from a bugged White House. He's under siege. So is American democracy.

Last edited by Icy Tea; 03-08-2017 at 02:44 AM..

Old 03-08-2017, 06:07 AM

13,163 posts, read 1,625,450 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluesjuke View Post
Piled up in mounds.
Yes, the lies are piling up in mounds - left leaning media such as MSNBC keep driving home the point that our President lies...lies...lies! They repeat it constantly and say, emphatically, "This has to stop!"

Well, MSNBC and the rest of your ilk: Your lies have to stop! You are NOT good for the country or the people of both parties. You are interfering with governing. You are sowing fear. You are poisoning the airways.

Quote:
I realize the genie is out of the bottle on this technology, but you should take this a little more seriously. And remember that the government we have now could change and become the stuff of nightmares. This should concern people who want to live in a free society.

Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post
I'm wondering now if cell phone manufacturers weren't strong-armed into ending user replaceable batteries in their devices. If the battery is removed, a location can't be traced. But with the battery permanently attached? It's possible to do so.
We'll just have to change our cell phones more often. (unless the manufacturers develop "forever" batteries that go from phone to phone).

Old 03-08-2017, 06:39 AM

16,237 posts, read 5,823,430 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
Why do they oppose the American public? Because we spoke out concerning their torturing of others?
Because they are spies. Spies worry about everyone. Sort of like how thieves are always worried about other thieves.
This whole thing amuses me. Trump claimed his phones were tapped. Bam!!! he might have actually right!!!

Old 03-08-2017, 06:43 AM

7,264 posts, read 4,169,448 times
CIA / Deep State uses black propaganda on U.S. citizens.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies