Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-07-2017, 11:21 AM

14,361 posts, read 9,787,236 times

Advertisements

Don't forget that Obama's fourth wing also wiretapped senators.

Sen. Feinstein (D-CA) was pi$$ed when she found out her offices were being tapped. What's good for the Gander is good for the Goose, I suppose.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-07-2017, 11:24 AM

23,795 posts, read 13,259,424 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by steven_h View Post
Don't forget that Obama's fourth wing also wiretapped senators.

Sen. Feinstein (D-CA) was pi$$ed when she found out her offices were being tapped. What's good for the Gander is good for the Goose, I suppose.
Trump tell you that? If not, please cite a source.

Old 03-07-2017, 11:30 AM

7,605 posts, read 4,844,821 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by petch751 View Post
It is widely known that Obama’s DOJ targeted individuals and journalists that were reporting information that was not flattering to the Obama Administration. Surveillance of the press and treating respected reporters as criminals.

Take the case of Fox News reporter James Rosen, named by the Obama administration as a criminal co-conspirator in a case involving violations of the Espionage Act.

The FBI sought and obtained a warrant to seize all of Rosen's correspondence with Kim, and an additional two days' worth of Rosen's personal email, the Post reported. The bureau also obtained Rosen's phone records and used security badge records to track his movements to and from the State Department.
Yes take the case of James Rosen, who under assumed identity received stolen top secret information on North Korea. Why should Rosen be immune from surveillance when he is trafficking in stolen top secret information? Should the FBI and others in the intelligence community just assume its all legit because he is a reporter? I don't think so.

Old 03-07-2017, 11:57 AM

1,873 posts, read 2,407,080 times
Quote:
What? You only believe liberal media and don't want to hear info from other outlets? Isn't that what liberals are always accusing the right of doing?

Unlike you, I research all outlets. Did you notice I also got my information from CNN Politics too?
I'm a lifelong conservative, but that doesn't mean any source from the right is credible. And you didn't quote CNN until post #3, your original charge was based on a source with no credibility, as you should know.

Unlike me? Based on? You seem to like criticizing anyone here who might challenge your views, without knowing anything about the other persons views.

Old 03-07-2017, 11:57 AM

15,530 posts, read 10,499,357 times
Feinstein said the CIA violated the Constitution by spying on a congressional committee. That was back in 2013 or 2014, saw it on C-SPAN, she had a little rant on the senate floor. Every once in while, she's okay.

Old 03-07-2017, 03:24 PM

41,110 posts, read 25,730,963 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Midpack View Post
I'm a lifelong conservative, but that doesn't mean any source from the right is credible. And you didn't quote CNN until post #3, your original charge was based on a source with no credibility, as you should know.

Unlike me? Based on? You seem to like criticizing anyone here who might challenge your views, without knowing anything about the other persons views.
Ok so I should have quoted CNN first or did you see one post and automatically ASSume it was right wing. Pay attention before you attack next time. You showed your partisanship. At least I was willing to go to sources from the right and left.

Old 03-07-2017, 03:28 PM

41,110 posts, read 25,730,963 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Midpack View Post

Ok, using the tactic... put me on the defense lol Nah. This thread isn't about me, it's about data collection on millions of Americans, lies, going after unfriendly reporters, and wiretapping

Even whistle blowers were set up. If Snowden would have gone the route Obama wanted him to, he would have gone right into the hornets nest because whistle blowers were being directed to go to agency that was in charge of keeping the data collection of millions of Americans secret.

Old 03-07-2017, 03:35 PM

59,040 posts, read 27,298,344 times
Quote:
NSA director, Keith Alexander asked a question about the NSA surveillance of Americans. He replied, and I quote here, ‘The story that we have millions, or hundreds of millions, of dossiers on people is completely false.’ The reason I’m asking the question is, having served on the committee now for a dozens years, I don’t really know what a dossier is in this context. So, what I wanted to see if you could give me a yes or no answer to the question:

Does the NSA collect any type of data at all on millions, or hundreds of millions of Americans?”

- Clapper: “No, sir.”
- Wyden: “It does not?”
- Clapper: “Not wittingly. There are cases where they could inadvertently, perhaps, collect, but not wittingly.”

Unfortunately for Clapper, in June 2013 Edward Snowden’s purloined information was made public and it was revealed that James Clapper was not only Director of National Intelligence, he was also a shameless, conscienceless liar.

Fact-checking Obama's claims about Snowden - CNNPolitics.com
I would NOT bey ANYTHING on what Snowden claimed.

Old 03-07-2017, 03:47 PM

31,290 posts, read 20,737,754 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quick Enough View Post
I would NOT bey ANYTHING on what Snowden claimed.
Maybe that's because he exposed your heroes........

Old 03-07-2017, 03:48 PM

31,290 posts, read 20,737,754 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Enigma777 View Post
Trump tell you that? If not, please cite a source.
Feinstein Says CIA May Have Violated Constitution By Spying on Congress | Foreign Policy

Dianne Feinstein: CIA May Have Violated Constitution - Business Insider
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies