Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-07-2017, 06:54 PM

78,863 posts, read 46,591,490 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by EDnurse View Post
What on earth are you talking about? WTF is a deep state?
You have the information highway at your fingertips. Stay up with what is going on, or find more reputable sources, that will keep you informed about it all. Not stuff just selected just for you, because the truth may hurt your feelings.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-07-2017, 06:55 PM

78,863 posts, read 46,591,490 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chicago South Sider View Post
The only people dumb enough to think there's going to be another civil war are southern rednecks.

A civil war, that is actually civil?

Hmmmmmm? isn't that what happened on Nov. 8th, 2016

Old 03-07-2017, 06:58 PM

7,269 posts, read 4,208,776 times
if the liberals keep it up we might be headed for civil war. they are not going to like funding pulled from them - not one bit.

Old 03-07-2017, 08:38 PM

3,271 posts, read 2,187,338 times
I don't want to go to war. Why would violence lead to a solution? Violence is a terrible thing. What if someone was violent against your own mothers? How would you feel towards violence? Come on.

It's easy to be peaceful because it's a mindset. Set your mind to peace.

Old 03-07-2017, 08:38 PM

57,219 posts, read 26,166,435 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by illtaketwoplease View Post
if the liberals keep it up we might be headed for civil war. they are not going to like funding pulled from them - not one bit.
Who is fighting in this civil war you so anxiously want, I don't know if you realize it but Trump won the election, just be happy we are in for great times. I recall many civil wars under Obama but not now, you have taken your country back.

Why would you want a war, you have your wall, the ACA repeal, tax cuts, defeat of ISIS, immigration ban.

I think his first 45 days have gone extremely well

Old 03-07-2017, 08:41 PM

998 posts, read 1,324,551 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chicago South Sider View Post
The only people dumb enough to think there's going to be another civil war are southern rednecks.
and we see how that worked out for them the last time....

Old 03-07-2017, 08:42 PM

3,212 posts, read 1,650,865 times
If The far right pledges alegence to Russia we could have Civil War 2 and Cold War 2 at the same time.

Old 03-07-2017, 08:45 PM

7,068 posts, read 6,463,318 times
Nahh, from from it. What I think you're seeing is just a whiny snowflake/self absorbed/narcissistic culture overall, people losing power who want to get their power back and striking out like spoiled brats, paid snowflake factions by far left billionaires stirring things up, etc. For the most part, hollow theater.

Old 03-07-2017, 08:47 PM

3,271 posts, read 2,187,338 times
If anybody thinks you need to go to war, you need to relax. We all need to relax. I mean, what is this talk of war? Why can't we come to a harmonious solution? Sure, we all may have to make sacrifices, but we can do this with dignity and respect It's just up to everybody to start respecting each other like we are your brothers and sisters instead of treating one another like strangers. This doesn't mean we need to be intimate in one's affairs, just that we are not inclined to wrong doing upon notice of one another.

I'll give a real simple solution that everyone can use in their daily lives, in particular when talking to elders. If you say "sir" or "ma'am" that makes an impact because it disarms you, so the other person doesn't treat you as a threat. I don't know if there is a single culture out there that doesn't have a version of respect when addressing those who are owed it. Believe it or not, there is no reason to assume that one is not owed, even if you disagree with their actions, because we are all guilty of doing things that we regret.

Please think of a way to resolve all of this peacefully. We can still do this by being altruistic, but by also considering how we would like to leave the planet for our children. Now, not everyone may get outside the city, but I can't help but appreciate the beauty of our earth and its creatures. I would like for my children to experience this, so I think it is imperative that we begin to develop a society with this in mind. And no, I don't mean the recreation of it in a laboratory, but in its natural state, restored beyond what we are accustomed to today.

Please have discipline. Respect is about discipline. If you want the most disciplined way to live your life and have no reason for those to give you disrespect based on your behavior, read and follow the words of Christ as told in the Gospel of Matthew, Mark, Luke, and John. Even if you don't believe in God, I argue that you will not find a better way in which to conduct your life; however, it requires extreme discipline.

Remember, a house divided WILL NOT STAND!

Old 03-07-2017, 09:02 PM

12,883 posts, read 13,974,852 times
I hope not. I don't really feel like being directly involved in/affected by a war right now. I have things to do.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies