Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-08-2017, 10:14 AM

1,728 posts, read 3,117,381 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Camaro5 View Post
Generally speaking, I would like to see Pres. Trump get off the Twitter stuff but I understand why he uses it. I don't think he always gets a fair shake with the media, but his Twitter use seems to cause more problems than it's worth. It also has to be a PR nightmare for his staff. I'm sure they cringe every time he puts something out there.
I can't wait for one of his goonies to throw his hands in the air and say 'I quit, can't defend this buffoon for another day and lose any credibility and respect from everyone...'

Wonder who that will be first, Preibus or Spicer?

Old 03-08-2017, 10:14 AM

18,986 posts, read 9,013,499 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GotHereQuickAsICould View Post
Trump absolutely has to keep tweeting. It's his only hope of changing the narrative from his stumbling disaster of an administration and what's with all the Russian connections.

Though, Trump refuses to present a shred of evidence that Obama wiretapped his tower and several have denied it ever happened, a poll on this forum is showing that nearly half believe it.

Announcing it at a rally where he is also boasting that he won by a landslide, etc. just gets it wrapped up in his other nonsense.
The two bolded statements above go together, and explain why he will never stop tweeting. Because it works. His idiot supporters believe everything he says without question, so whenever the heat gets turned up--like now with his connections to Russia being examined--he will just tweet out nonsense to change the subject.

Why would he stop when it works so well? Look at the idiots right here on C-D who buy whatever he is selling.

Old 03-08-2017, 10:17 AM

8,302 posts, read 3,884,070 times
Probably been posted here already, but here are the facts:

Total of 693 detainees released from Guantanamo.

532 while Bush was president
161 during Obama’s two terms

Of the 122 confirmed of re-engaging in terrorist activity
113 Bush
9 Obama

Of the 86 suspected of re-engaging in terrorist activity
75 Bush
11 Obama

Donald Trump wrongly blames Barack Obama for former Guantanamo detainees returning to terrorism | PolitiFact

Amid many other sources. What is wrong with this guy? Does he really think people are so dumb they are going to believe everything he says, and not check up on these easily verifiable statements?

I am forced to acknowledge JAMS14: "Why would he stop when it works so well?" - based on the comments from the Trump supporters on this thread. Apparently they will believe whatever delusional whacko crap that Trump throws out there.

Old 03-08-2017, 10:24 AM

863 posts, read 1,191,357 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CSD610 View Post
What he does is no different than millions of humans so what is your point?
The point is: He's the freaking President of the United States. Not some angst ridden teenager or a boozed up office worker. How about lending the title a little dignity?

Old 03-08-2017, 10:26 AM

16,376 posts, read 22,397,859 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kimchee View Post
I can't wait for one of his goonies to throw his hands in the air and say 'I quit, can't defend this buffoon for another day and lose any credibility and respect from everyone...'

Wonder who that will be first, Preibus or Spicer?
Just wait - the good stuff hasn't even started yet. It will get much worse. I bet Spicy goes first. Preibus is the umbilical cord between the GOP congress and Trump's camp.

Wait until Trump goes batshirt crazy against Paul Ryan and other Republicans in congress when they don't agree with him on legislative issues or if they decide to investigate him on something. At that point Preibus might resign or possibly Trump fires him in a fit of rage. Priebus is likely more loyal to congress (but fakes his loyalty to Trump) and Ryan will beg Priebus to remain in the Trump camp so he can leak the crazy man's rants and ideas to Congress.

I think Priebus is one of the leakers but there are several other in-between people that actually talk to the press.

Old 03-08-2017, 10:30 AM

894 posts, read 584,198 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scooby Snacks View Post
Yes. I await the news briefs in my inbox each day with my proverbial bucket of popcorn, curious as to how Trump will dig this hole for himself a little deeper via social media. And he inevitably does. Dems have got it easy now; all they do is wait for him to embarrass himself more and more, one Tweet at a time.
I hear you! Lol.

77,036 posts, read 47,378,297 times
Quote:
Trump needs to turn off his cellphone and get off social media.
Swedish politicians joked he needs to get off twitter and golf course and visit Sweden so he'd know what he is talking about.

13,675 posts, read 8,959,473 times
I was one of those (I voted for Clinton) that hoped, and rather expected, for Donald John Trump to cease his tweets upon taking office. I figured that his staff would see that his public utterances (which, as President, carry great weight around the globe) were accurate and on point.

I guess what is the most disturbing to me, now, is that President Trump engages in his tweeting in the early morning, without any of his staff being aware of it. I read in several places that Trump's staff were as surprised as anyone else to awaken that morning and see the President's tweets about tapping and Obama.

Of course, all are worried that he will, in some fit of pique, tweet out something that will literally result in war. For instance, if he, after watching television, were to tweet something about the need to invade North Korea, the crazed leader of North Korea, not knowing that said tweets are not official policy, may decide to make a preempted attack on our 25,000 soldiers on the front line.

This seems far-fetched, but I think is actually within the realm of possibility. Other leaders (like Putin) would dismiss tweets as being inconsequential, but I doubt the dictator of North Korea would think so.

Old 03-08-2017, 10:37 AM

2,182 posts, read 1,619,385 times
Why not use social media when you know too many news sources out there aren't reporting the news fairly? It's a way to communicate directly to the American people.

Old 03-08-2017, 10:41 AM

18,986 posts, read 9,013,499 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by I love boots. View Post
Why not use social media when you know too many news sources out there aren't reporting the news fairly? It's a way to communicate directly to the American people.
Trump uses it as a way to spew lies of diversion, in a forum where he can't be directly questioned by that pesky media--you know, the people who might actually demand that he back up his claims.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies