Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-08-2017, 08:21 AM

14,483 posts, read 11,291,687 times

Advertisements

NYU stages one of the Clinton/Trump debates and switches the sexes of the candidates. What comes out of it is a shock to the academics, media and students who were in attendance.

They liked the female Trump more than they liked the male Clinton.

Quotes:

“now I understand how this happened”—meaning how Trump won the election.

"I kind of want to have a beer with her!"

“I’m just so struck by how precise Trump’s technique is.”

"There was someone who described Brenda King [the female Donald Trump] as his Jewish aunt who would take care of him, even though he might not like his aunt. Someone else described her as the middle school principal who you don’t like, but you know is doing good things for you."

https://www.nyu.edu/about/news-publi...-reversal.html
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-08-2017, 10:56 AM

24,502 posts, read 17,255,259 times
Now that is an interesting experiment.

The man playing Hillary seemed to smooth, to practiced and entrenched in political talking points.

The woman who played Trump seemed to be the voice of common sense chipping away at those high horse talking points that no one believes but everyone expects to hear from a career politician.

Trump in this case is like a mom and the American people her spoiled children that have carried on too long and now the discipline is coming.

Trump hit a nerve with the common man that a career politico could never do and that is why he won.

Old 03-08-2017, 11:01 AM

8,081 posts, read 6,965,605 times
Now this is an interesting experiment

Old 03-08-2017, 11:19 AM

37,803 posts, read 41,036,241 times
One characteristic of Candidate Hillary Clinton debating is that she held her eyes wide open when Trump was talking and didn't blink like she was constantly startled/surprised at what he was saying. It was so off-putting, and I hadn't seen it in previous years (don't know if she did it with Sanders), that I attributed it to either medication or someone telling her to ham up the wonderment as in over-dramatize that you can't believe what Trump is saying. I wonder if the male actor did it.

Old 03-08-2017, 11:37 AM

5,064 posts, read 5,733,169 times
That is really interesting. I would love to see the whole thing.

Old 03-08-2017, 11:50 AM

4,344 posts, read 5,800,783 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by brentwoodgirl View Post
That is really interesting. I would love to see the whole thing.
As would I. Thanks for sharing this OP.

Old 03-08-2017, 11:52 AM

2,007 posts, read 1,275,951 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LauraC View Post
One characteristic of Candidate Hillary Clinton debating is that she held her eyes wide open when Trump was talking and didn't blink like she was constantly startled/surprised at what he was saying. It was so off-putting, and I hadn't seen it in previous years (don't know if she did it with Sanders), that I attributed it to either medication or someone telling her to ham up the wonderment as in over-dramatize that you can't believe what Trump is saying. I wonder if the male actor did it.
Good point. It did appear like every gesture, every move, every word and action was consciously pre rehearsed. Everything from blinking to swallowing and of course voice tone. Hillary seemed to emerge at the start of the pres campaign as the monster creation of overzealous PR, media advisors and Hollywood coaches. Enjoying every minute of it all. She just loved all of the attention.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies