Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-08-2017, 06:21 AM

588 posts, read 561,940 times

Advertisements

I am embarrassed to be considered the same gender as these people. I will go to work today because I am not only thankful that I have a job, I am thankful that I have a job with benefits that is sufficient to put food on my table. I will go to work today because I don't want to exercise my right to not work, but rather I want to exercise my right to work. I will go to work today because not going to work is an example of a poor work ethic and puts an unnecessary burden on other staff. I will go to work today because it is a privilege to serve others. I will go to work today because I love my job.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-08-2017, 06:31 AM

26 posts, read 31,077 times
Default A day without women. how about a day they keep quiet?

If by without they mean quiet IE not talking that would be a present.

Old 03-08-2017, 06:36 AM

17,003 posts, read 12,583,387 times
Actually a couple school districts had to cancel.

Yes its dumb
No Im not kidding

Old 03-08-2017, 06:39 AM

5,728 posts, read 3,249,287 times
yeah it might be quiet at the office today! yay!

Quote:
Originally Posted by blanker View Post
You mean, I won't have to listen to their endless yammering for one day? Thank you LORD

Old 03-08-2017, 06:42 AM

34,938 posts, read 36,231,960 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SandyCo View Post
I'm a woman and I think this "event" is nonsense. It does nothing, it proves nothing, and it's extremely silly. Doing anything (or nothing) for only one day has no impact whatsoever. I'm going to work today, just like I always do unless I'm taking vacation days or when I'm sick.
I'm a remote worker, so I always get to enjoy a day without (pick a gender).

Old 03-08-2017, 06:42 AM

36,495 posts, read 30,827,524 times
Haven't people realized that a day without ________________(fill in the blank) is just sad and pathetic. No one even notices, no one cares. Life goes on without you.

Old 03-08-2017, 08:27 AM

17,156 posts, read 12,951,087 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rdlr View Post
These self-righteous women taking off work to make a point, will be disappointed to find that:

Offices and places of work will operate like clock-work.....no sneers, no daggers, no petty jealousy, no complaining, no wasting time, and no gossiping.

I worked with women like that for a number of years, and finally escaped. I'm a woman focused on my job, not all of the silly stuff above. I'll be working a 10 hour day, today.
No, they won't. Many of these workplaces will be affected a great deal by their absence. Several schools have canceled classes because so many female teachers have called out from work to protest the businesses can't function. So if you women believe that your female cohorts' absence doesn't affect the way a business functions, you are sadly mistaken. You know yourself, especially at small businesses when if even one employee is absent one day, it makes the job much harder on everyone else.

Besides, if you don't care about this protest, why do you seem so offended? These protests are mostly because these women are angry that our president, who claims to have "tremendous respect for women" is the same guy who said when he sees an attractive woman he wants to "Grab them by the genitals." Such hypocrisy by Trump.

Women in U.S. plan to stay off the job, rally in anti-Trump protests | Reuters

Old 03-08-2017, 08:29 AM

4,178 posts, read 2,646,247 times
LMAO!

I love this title because it's true.

I work in downtown DC and I don't see anyone marching so far.

Old 03-08-2017, 08:37 AM

4,504 posts, read 3,028,351 times
Before I retired, I would have been tickled to pieces with this nonsense. It likely would have gained me overtime hours to complete work idiotic females didn't do because they were absent. More money for me.

Old 03-08-2017, 08:39 AM

21,097 posts, read 19,694,480 times
Just one day? Couldn't they make it a month?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies