Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-08-2017, 08:40 AM

33,571 posts, read 18,157,975 times

Advertisements

Goofball left at it again.. acting like goofballs.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-08-2017, 09:02 AM

1,479 posts, read 1,309,602 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scooby Snacks View Post
No, they won't. Many of these workplaces will be affected a great deal by their absence. Several schools have canceled classes because so many female teachers have called out from work to protest the businesses can't function. So if you women believe that your female cohorts' absence doesn't affect the way a business functions, you are sadly mistaken. You know yourself, especially at small businesses when if even one employee is absent one day, it makes the job much harder on everyone else.

Besides, if you don't care about this protest, why do you seem so offended? These protests are mostly because these women are angry that our president, who claims to have "tremendous respect for women" is the same guy who said when he sees an attractive woman he wants to "Grab them by the genitals." Such hypocrisy by Trump.

Women in U.S. plan to stay off the job, rally in anti-Trump protests | Reuters
No, unlike the teachers a lot of women could lose their jobs and/ or much needed sick days. They don't have the luxury of paid holidays and summer vacation off. Also a lot of woman think it is a ridiculous long temper Tantrum because Hillary didn't win. Not one of these women protested when President Clinton was harassing women including rape. Hillary enabled him.

Now if they were marching to bring recognition to women being forced into sex trafficking and domestic violence I will be more then happy to support them but this isn't what this is about. Really they lost all credibility wearing those stupid vagina hats.

Old 03-08-2017, 09:12 AM

5,064 posts, read 5,728,879 times
This kind of nonsense pushes people further away from your cause. Democrats need strong support from women to win elections. Closing schools to protest does not endear working moms to your cause.

Want to make a difference? Show up for work and donate the day's pay to a woman's cause. If the organizers had planned that, it would have gotten tons of press and support. Each woman who was part of the cause could have taken a picture with a note saying, "today I am working for trafficked girls" or whatever ever. Millions of women posting those images on social media would be huge.

Walking out on your job just pisses people off. Do something worthwhile to really make a difference.

Old 03-08-2017, 10:28 AM

18,069 posts, read 18,815,515 times
A lot of women (and men) took the day off and places closed because it is Woman's Day and not due to the protests, though I am sure the organizers and media will try to capitalize on this fact. Places (like small businesses) that are heavy with immigrants from the former USSR and eastern Europe usually celebrate this day with early closing, long lunches, day off, or something as it is a big holiday where they come from.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sonnymarkjiz View Post
LMAO!

I love this title because it's true.

I work in downtown DC and I don't see anyone marching so far.

Their protests are scheduled for later this afternoon according to the permits they filed.

Old 03-08-2017, 10:31 AM

25,847 posts, read 16,525,824 times
90% of them are being paid for this absolute BS.

I'm so proud of my only daughter for going to work today like she does every day. No wonder she is the most successful of my 5 kids! Hardest worker and most common sense.

Old 03-08-2017, 10:35 AM

25,847 posts, read 16,525,824 times
Maybe they are protesting that Trump is not giving them enough to complain about. The lack of sexist comments like the liberals predicted.

Old 03-08-2017, 02:15 PM

9,723 posts, read 14,262,736 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scooby Snacks View Post
No, they won't. Many of these workplaces will be affected a great deal by their absence. Several schools have canceled classes because so many female teachers have called out from work to protest the businesses can't function. So if you women believe that your female cohorts' absence doesn't affect the way a business functions, you are sadly mistaken. You know yourself, especially at small businesses when if even one employee is absent one day, it makes the job much harder on everyone else.

Besides, if you don't care about this protest, why do you seem so offended? These protests are mostly because these women are angry that our president, who claims to have "tremendous respect for women" is the same guy who said when he sees an attractive woman he wants to "Grab them by the genitals." Such hypocrisy by Trump.

Women in U.S. plan to stay off the job, rally in anti-Trump protests | Reuters
Ah Hah! The news media has told everyone that this was NOT about President Trump at all! GOTCHA!
By the way....why are these whimpy teachers punishing the school children? I thought teachers were All about Education and teaching! Guess not!

Old 03-08-2017, 05:42 PM

8,224 posts, read 3,496,850 times
Didnt Bruce Jenner win woman of the year award?

Wheres the pink hats protesting that a guy can do anything better?

Old 03-08-2017, 06:21 PM

4,927 posts, read 5,314,290 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tottsieanna View Post
No, unlike the teachers a lot of women could lose their jobs and/or much needed sick days. They don't have the luxury of paid holidays and summer vacation off. Also a lot of woman think it is a ridiculous long temper Tantrum because Hillary didn't win. Not one of these women protested when President Clinton was harassing women including rape. Hillary enabled him.

Now if they were marching to bring recognition to women being forced into sex trafficking and domestic violence I will be more then happy to support them but this isn't what this is about. Really they lost all credibility wearing those stupid vagina hats.
This is just one of the many replies that sums it up quite well for me. Well done and well said tottsieanna, bravo!

Old 03-08-2017, 06:29 PM

7,520 posts, read 2,808,426 times
I wore black and went shopping. Took my husband to lunch and bought him a very cool tool chest. My city does not do this kind of crap and we like our men.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies