Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-11-2017, 01:30 PM

6,137 posts, read 3,867,540 times

Advertisements

http://www.apa.org/news/press/releas.../snapshot.aspx

Millennial women face new mental health struggles in the workplace - MarketWatch

https://www.fastcompany.com/3057545/...re-burning-out

I thought this was interesting how Female Millennials are so stressed out.

I thought they were going to have it all though. A six-figure consultant and uber-educated job, several kids and elegant cars, houses and trips.

I do have to admit that I enjoy going out for coffee and usually it seems like majority of young women are sniffling, sneezing and hacking away on their computer screens.

Many of the baby boomer and older women I have had the priviledge of working with seem less symptomatic with any health issues they may or may not have.

I have all due respect for women but it is amazing how much more content and happy the older ones I have had the honor to work are compared to many of these female millennials.

Last edited by lovecrowds; 03-11-2017 at 02:08 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-11-2017, 01:54 PM

2,339 posts, read 2,072,628 times
The phrase is "en masse".

Old 03-11-2017, 01:58 PM

12,275 posts, read 7,145,579 times
I'm pretty happy with my life, as a female millennial.

Married to my best friend, six figure income in a career I enjoy, no debt, travelled to dozens of countries, have the best dog ever, have time to pursue my hobbies, college educated, am reasonably healthy so far (knock on wood).

I am grateful for the wonderful things in my life, and am very conscientious about not taking them for granted. I worked hard for all of these things.

Old 03-11-2017, 02:04 PM

626 posts, read 381,362 times
A lot of this is that the Millennial generation has been failed by liberal universities which don't properly prepare them. Of course, not all of them are like that, like the poster above.

Old 03-11-2017, 02:11 PM

14,361 posts, read 9,794,304 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lovecrowds View Post

Millennial women face new mental health struggles in the workplace - MarketWatch

I thought they were going to have it all though. A six-figure consultant and uber-educated job, several kids and elegant cars, houses and trips.

I do have to admit that I enjoy going out for coffee and usually it seems like majority of young women are sniffling, sneezing and hacking away on their computer screens.

Many of the baby boomer and older women I have had the priviledge of working with seem less symptomatic with any health issues they may or may not have.

I have all due respect for women but it is amazing how much more content and happy the older ones I have had the honor to work are compared to many of these female millennials.

Equal work also means equal stress. Men used to be the ones having the lions share of nervous breakdowns.

Old 03-11-2017, 02:30 PM

9,837 posts, read 4,640,609 times
not buying OPs generation and sexist hate post. It is odd how GOP, Trumpers just hate millennials so much. I think it is because old fart GOP folk see their world fading away and they hate the openness, happy , enlightened youth who simply don't share their demented hate of difference.

Millennials are the future, no matter what SOME older folks l believe, the world belongs to them and our job is not to stand in their way but to reach out our hands and them.

I am delighted to find the younger generations are not settling for Trumpism .

Old 03-11-2017, 02:41 PM

11,122 posts, read 5,596,621 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lovecrowds View Post

Many of the baby boomer and older women I have had the privilege of working with, seem less symptomatic with any health issues they may or may not have.

Many of those sniffing and hacking are suffering from heavy drug use. One reason (but not the only one) their group has so much debt and an inability to make out financially, is because so much is spent buying them. Women athletes of this age-range are using steroids. If you think the health-care of this country is in crisis now, just wait until this bunch gets to be around 50 or so and many are breaking-down, as though they were 25 years older. They turn to drugs en masse, because they don't see any hope for their future-------and they're right. Even those with well-paying jobs do this and if they have children, they may suffer prenatal damage. One of them has lived next door for two months. She seems high as a kite much of the time and her personal behavior and driving habits are erratic. It's just a matter of time, before she whacks someone with her car.

But are they at fault, or is it the greedy, self-indulgent generation that raised them and paid for their excesses, with the future of their children? College tuition, housing prices, transportation and food are obscenely high-priced, because the two generations before them grabbed so much more than their share of everything and jacked-up the costs. Ordinary people made so much money and bought things very cheaply in those older generations and left no bargains or even remotely affordable essentials remaining. A house I rented in 1973 was offered to me for $12,000. by the landlord. Five years ago, it sold for $275,000, even though on a postage-stamp sized lot, in a congested, mostly retail area, but only 3/4-mile from a major university.

Last edited by Steve McDonald; 03-11-2017 at 03:02 PM..

Old 03-11-2017, 03:51 PM

1,188 posts, read 959,564 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ohhwanderlust View Post
I'm pretty happy with my life, as a female millennial.

Married to my best friend, six figure income in a career I enjoy, no debt, travelled to dozens of countries, have the best dog ever, have time to pursue my hobbies, college educated, am reasonably healthy so far (knock on wood).
You're in the top 1% of millenials. For every 1 of you, there are 99 who are overeducated and underemployed and have to "settle" in their romantic life.

Old 03-11-2017, 04:27 PM

11,162 posts, read 7,971,833 times
Just turned 28 living the dream a few blocks from the beach. Doing well socially and financially. College degreed, single , debt free, close circle of friends, dramas free FWB.
I have some fun hobbies and the time to enjoy them. Flying, surfing, scuba diving, motorcycle riding... Priceless!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies