Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-09-2017, 08:39 AM

28,353 posts, read 16,368,692 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldoKitty View Post
Trump still winning.

Does more for Jobs in the USA in a few months, than Obama did in 8 years.

Demonstrably false.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-09-2017, 08:41 AM

52,433 posts, read 26,603,454 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TigerLily24 View Post
Obama had 75 straight months of job growth, the BEST on record.

Bueller?
Bueller?????
Because Obama counted anyone who got paid for 1 hour/week as having a job.

i.e. Illegals standing on the side of the street waiting for day work got counted.

Old 03-09-2017, 08:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hooligan View Post
Demonstrably false.
Nope. We have had 100s of 1000s of new middle class jobs announced since Trump was elected.

Under Obama millions of middle class jobs went overseas and were replaced by people sweeping the streets and picking up nails. This after $ 1T in "stimulus" was wasted on nonsense.

Trump has done more for working America in just a few months than Obama did in 8 years. This is why the Democrats no longer hold any national power.

Old 03-09-2017, 08:46 AM

2,573 posts, read 3,501,202 times
Quote:

i.e. Illegals standing on the side of the street waiting for day work got counted.

Got any source for this BS besides Trump's tweets? Is counting happening differently now? Looks like yes, source of that as well.

Old 03-09-2017, 08:56 AM

3,458 posts, read 1,453,778 times
Feeling pretty good so far!

It's a bit early yet but I'm feeling pretty good about our outlook under Trump, especially small business owners. I'm in a group of SBO's and we all agree things are looking smoother and more profitable in the future. Looks like some of the American Dream is returning. I'll give my full review in a couple of years.

I know most of my clients are stock holders, they are very happy and spending like flowing faucets. They are retired and finally relaxing. I'm glad they are, as it's trickling down to me. They get a beautiful remodel on their home and I get pride in my company again. It's a win win.

I'm also noticing the plunge of 40% at our border of illegal crossings since he's been in office. Finally the competition seems fair and I'm not getting outbid by teams of illegals willing to work for nothing.

I'm also getting less repair jobs on things unlicensed contractors have previously screwed up as people are starting to be able to afford a higher quality of work.

Looking forward to less taxes.

I'm pretty happy so far. I don't feel ignored anymore. Let's hope it has staying power!

Last edited by Tokinouta; 03-09-2017 at 09:06 AM..

Old 03-09-2017, 08:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by alpha_1976 View Post
Got any source for this BS besides Trump's tweets? Is counting happening differently now? Looks like yes, source of that as well.
Dear it's there for anyone to look up.
Who is counted as employed?

People are considered employed if they did any work at all for pay or profit during the survey reference week. This includes all part-time and temporary work, as well as regular full-time, year-round employment. Individuals also are counted as employed if they have a job at which they did not work during the survey week, whether they were paid or not, because they were:

https://www.bls.gov/ces/#faq

Old 03-09-2017, 09:00 AM

3,458 posts, read 1,453,778 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by alpha_1976 View Post
Low paying service jobs surged under Obama. That's not a secret. How good were the 10.9 million jobs under Obama? - Nov. 4, 2016

Good jobs like government/state declined under Obama. But hey, growth is growth as he use to say.

Old 03-09-2017, 09:12 AM

25,826 posts, read 20,692,117 times
Quote:

Why did you cut this part of my quote?

"In the meantime, let's talk about how reporting these numbers has changed in the seven weeks that 45 has been in office so as to make them soooo much more believable than they were when Obama was president."

When did 45's administration CHANGE how the numbers are collected and reported?

Specifics please.

Old 03-09-2017, 09:15 AM

Quote:
Dear it's there for anyone to look up.
Who is counted as employed?

People are considered employed if they did any work at all for pay or profit during the survey reference week. This includes all part-time and temporary work, as well as regular full-time, year-round employment. Individuals also are counted as employed if they have a job at which they did not work during the survey week, whether they were paid or not, because they were:

https://www.bls.gov/ces/#faq
So the methodology hasn't changed AT ALL.

Old 03-09-2017, 09:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tokinouta View Post
Low paying service jobs surged under Obama. That's not a secret. How good were the 10.9 million jobs under Obama? - Nov. 4, 2016

Good jobs like government/state declined under Obama. But hey, growth is growth as he use to say.
And they will decline even more under 45.

But for some reason his supporters now applaud these impending losses.

Why is that?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies