Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-08-2017, 11:19 PM

21,463 posts, read 10,566,251 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scooby Snacks View Post
I'll let you in on something you may not be aware of. Women are the ones who produce the children in the first place. For all you naysayers who say these women wasted their time, they should have been working, they're selfish and self centered, blah blah blah, I'll remind you that it's protests like these that gave us the right to vote as well as many other rights you probably take for granted every single day.
Those battles were already fought and won long ago. Women are half the workforce and more than half the college student enrollment.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-08-2017, 11:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by natalie469 View Post
I don't think anyone expected this to be the huge event like the women's march which surpassed records. But my son works next to the white house and is always going to the hill for hearings. He sent me pics that were pretty impressive. Schools closed because without women, there were not enough staffers to keep the schools open. And that is the effect of women which is what this was all about. Get it now
Got it before this protest. We all know women are essential in the workplace. We didn't need the reminder.

Old 03-08-2017, 11:24 PM

32,053 posts, read 15,049,740 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by katygirl68 View Post
Got it before this protest. We all know women are essential in the workplace. We didn't need the reminder.

Well too bad, you got it anyway.

Old 03-09-2017, 05:39 AM

Quote:
[/b]

I didn't pay attention, but if I had young children in one of the two school districts that closed, I would have either had to take a day off or paid extra daycare fees. That would have made me mad since we aren't losing any freedoms so the whole thing is pointless.

Old 03-09-2017, 05:43 AM

17,003 posts, read 12,586,399 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sonnymarkjiz View Post
Well, they're not out marching LOL probably just wanted a day off to relax.

I'm looking out at the mall now. It's just business as usual. I hope those kids won't have to make this day up in the summer.
Quoted for truth.

The rest of us get to work 2 jobs and work 7 days a week with no days off since New Years Day.

Old 03-09-2017, 05:43 AM

13,163 posts, read 1,690,706 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by katygirl68 View Post
Quote:
[/b]

That just proves the participants' lack of reason, common sense, even intelligence. Women with a progressive/liberal agenda tend to lose their grip on reality and become very self-focused.

Old 03-09-2017, 06:06 AM

12,202 posts, read 7,219,300 times
It's just a bunch of leftists (and throw in a few naive people in there thinking they are fighting for a cause) that are against Trump but using Women as a convenient platform and to get more people that otherwise wouldn't be on the Left, to join in their protest.

Expect more of this every few months but in different forms. These "resist" activist groups are trying to get creative in their protests.

Old 03-09-2017, 06:08 AM

8,037 posts, read 10,629,469 times
I went to work, my office is 90% female, we were all there, proudly, to do our jobs. Those women don't speak for all of us.

Old 03-09-2017, 06:46 AM

4,178 posts, read 2,647,166 times
I don't get where the whole "women are losing rights and are unimportant" thing is coming from anyway. Is it because Hillary lost and she's a woman?

I don't care what skin color, what's between her legs, etc..she was just a horrible candidate with a terrible past and didn't really connect with common people. Her whole election was "It's my turn now, I deserve it. Donald Trump said bad things so vote for me". And that was it.

But when it comes to women...I LOVE women. Women, in many ways, are much stronger than men and can do so much in this country. But the whole narrative is that if a man thinks a woman is attractive or hot, he's instantly a perv and doesn't value her mind and worth. But if a man doesn't think a woman is hot, he's misogynistic and a pig. It's a strange lose-lose situation that virtually came out of nowhere.

I don't remember any of this stuff 5-10 years ago. Heck, I've even worked for a few woman owned businesses and women high in power in companies.

Old 03-09-2017, 06:52 AM

40,952 posts, read 49,166,535 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sonnymarkjiz View Post
I don't remember any of this stuff 5-10 years ago. Heck, I've even worked for a few woman owned businesses and women high in power in companies.
Libs have just gotten where they have nothing left to protest and that's what they do best.
They don't have a platform and can't tell us what exactly they want.

All the strong women I know were at work or with their kids yesterday.

I just hope all these women were home in time to feed their cats.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies