Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-09-2017, 07:38 AM

9,338 posts, read 7,108,703 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by boxus View Post
I doubt Mrs. Obama would be with Mr. Obama if he was just some uneducated dude from Chicago that worked as a cashier at Walmart.
So just to make sure I understand you correctly....

you're going to compare two people that met as coworkers (both lawyers) at a law firm in their late-20s.......... to a model that married a billionaire 24 years her elder? Yeah, very comparable situations.

Still, I 100% believe Melania Trump married Donald for love.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-09-2017, 07:39 AM

2,695 posts, read 3,400,728 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by skins_fan82 View Post
Also, did we ever get to the bottom of why some conservatives called Michelle Obama "classless" when she wore a dress with her arms out, but Melania has nude pictures with her boobs and butt showing and also has naked pictures of her in bed with another naked women?

Michelle Obama with a sleeveless dress = Classless

Melania Trump laying naked in a bed with another naked woman and their breasts are touching = Classy
Yep , Melania is now wearing sleeveless dresses in the White House and no
conservative have made a peep about that , not a peep!
It's all about winning for them.

Is there anything in print about how Melania managed to get
both her parents and her sister plus her family , green cards to
come live in USA? Melania's whole family lives in Trump buildings in NYC.
How do communist get green cards?

Old 03-09-2017, 07:45 AM

18,463 posts, read 15,244,932 times
I don't really see the point in insulting either one of them. They both seem like decent people, and neither one of them asked for this job. It's not even like they do any governing. At least not anything that might be considered controversial. They basically just host parties.

Hillary was the exception. She stuck her nose into actual public policy. Failed Hillarycare was a disaster. She earned her criticism, but these two women didn't.

Old 03-09-2017, 07:53 AM

18,983 posts, read 9,072,175 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnesthesiaMD View Post
I don't really see the point in insulting either one of them. They both seem like decent people, and neither one of them asked for this job. It's not even like they do any governing. At least not anything that might be considered controversial. They basically just host parties.

Hillary was the exception. She stuck her nose into actual public policy. Failed Hillarycare was a disaster. She earned her criticism, but these two women didn't.
Hillary's attempt to reform healthcare in the '90s only "failed" because it was torpedoed by the Republicans who refused to allow it to even be considered. The GOP has never cared one iota about the millions of people who were uninsured, and they still don't.

Some things never change, huh?

Not a single conservative has a leg to stand on complaining that the current First Lady gets no respect. Not when Mrs. Obama was routinely called Moochelle, an ape and a Wookie, among other equally derisive things, right here on C-D. I don't recall any of our oh-so-holier-than-thou conservative posters stepping up to denigrate those slurs. You guys have no room to whine now.

Old 03-09-2017, 07:57 AM

35,690 posts, read 21,045,148 times
What is interesting is who she is siding with-- “I’m an Immigrant Who Grew Up Under Communism So I Know All About Equality”
I am an American once I am an American especially the FLOTUS. Does she not see herself that way? She could have said I grew up in a communist state and now as an American can compare what it means to be as an equal in our society.
My gut tells me, she is NOT a trump supporter- poltically

Old 03-09-2017, 07:59 AM

5,722 posts, read 5,798,945 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinytrump View Post
What is interesting is who she is siding with-- “I’m an Immigrant Who Grew Up Under Communism So I Know All About Equality”
I am an American once I am an American especially the FLOTUS. Does she not see herself that way? She could have said I grew up in a communist state and now as an American can compare what it means to be as an equal in our society.
My gut tells me, she is NOT a trump supporter- poltically
I think you people are overanalyzing it.

Old 03-09-2017, 08:01 AM

18,069 posts, read 18,812,184 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by skins_fan82 View Post
So just to make sure I understand you correctly....

you're going to compare two people that met as coworkers (both lawyers) at a law firm in their late-20s.......... to a model that married a billionaire 24 years her elder? Yeah, very comparable situations.

Still, I 100% believe Melania Trump married Donald for love.
Yes, I am comparing in regards to your statement.

You make a statement:

"Melania's attraction to Donald had NOTHING to do with his billions. I'm sure if Trump looked, acted, and talked the exact same way but was a regular Joe Schmoe NewYorker making $65,000, Melanie would still be with him. I'm sure of it."

I stated that I doubt Mrs. Obama would be with Mr. Obama if he was just an uneducated cashier. You hold Mrs. Trump to a standard, but not Mrs. Obama to the same standard, in that neither one of them would have anything to do with some regular Joe working at a mediocre job for relatively low wage.

Old 03-09-2017, 08:03 AM

9,189 posts, read 7,597,926 times
I have no problem with Melania. She has done well for herself. I just have a problem with her man child husband.

Quote:
Originally Posted by T-310 View Post
Michelle got where she is by affirmative action.

You don't know that but if she did so what? A lot of white women benefited from AA, so what's your flippin point?

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAMS14 View Post
Hillary's attempt to reform healthcare in the '90s only "failed" because it was torpedoed by the Republicans who refused to allow it to even be considered. The GOP has never cared one iota about the millions of people who were uninsured, and they still don't. Some things never change, huh?

Not a single conservative has a leg to stand on complaining that the current First Lady gets no respect. Not when Mrs. Obama was routinely called Moochelle, an ape and a Wookie, among other equally derisive things, right here on C-D. I don't recall any of our oh-so-holier-than-thou conservative posters stepping up to denigrate those slurs. You guys have no room to whine now.

Couldn't rep you but .

Old 03-09-2017, 08:05 AM

18,463 posts, read 15,244,932 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JAMS14 View Post
Hillary's attempt to reform healthcare in the '90s only "failed" because it was torpedoed by the Republicans who refused to allow it to even be considered. The GOP has never cared one iota about the millions of people who were uninsured, and they still don't.

Some things never change, huh?

You missed the whole point of my post. Nobody elected Hillary to change health care, or anything else for that matter. She earned her criticisms.

Michelle Obama and Melania Trump haven't done anything to earn such hate from either side.

It says more about the people posting than it does about the First Ladies.

Old 03-09-2017, 08:09 AM

35,690 posts, read 21,045,148 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wanderlust76 View Post
I think you people are overanalyzing it.

no the other mini speech-- the prayer and I will always be my true self-- "I will always stay true to myself, and be truthful to you, no matter what the opposition is saying about me. I will act in the best interest of all of you. I’m committed to creating and supporting initiatives near to my heart, which will have impacts on women and children all around the world.”

I would add although my husband is a first class a------ I am NOT like him -- just what I'm getting out of her many looks etc
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies