Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-09-2017, 08:11 AM

9,338 posts, read 7,110,408 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by boxus View Post
Yes, I am comparing in regards to your statement.

You make a statement:

"Melania's attraction to Donald had NOTHING to do with his billions. I'm sure if Trump looked, acted, and talked the exact same way but was a regular Joe Schmoe NewYorker making $65,000, Melanie would still be with him. I'm sure of it."

I stated that I doubt Mrs. Obama would be with Mr. Obama if he was just an uneducated cashier. You hold Mrs. Trump to a standard, but not Mrs. Obama to the same standard, in that neither one of them would have anything to do with some regular Joe working at a mediocre job for relatively low wage.
So we agree that Melania married trump for love.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-09-2017, 08:16 AM

6,732 posts, read 5,173,757 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Annie53 View Post
I'm not. When it comes to women, Trump voters value looks over substance, just like he does.
True.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JanND View Post
It definitely seems judging from some of the truly vile comments about our First Lady that Dems value insults over intelligent political discourse.

The false narrative of supporting women is beginning to fail amidst the sexist insults.
Were you this outraged when conservatives called Michelle "Mooch" and an ape in heels?

Quote:
Originally Posted by TigerLily24 View Post
It's a funny argument isn't it, considering how any time the subject of bilingual education comes up, many of the same people are adamantly opposed.

Some number of them don't see any reason for anyone in this country to learn a second, let alone a third or fourth language, and now we are supposed to believe that they actually find this an admirable trait.

The ease with which they switch between being pro and con based on whomever they are talking about boggles the mind.
I didn't even realize this, but what an excellent point. The flippancy is astounding.

How often do they complain about having to "Press 2 for Spanish", now all of a sudden, knowing how to speak several languages in this country is such a great thing?

Another thing I'll note. This thread is another example of the conservative mindset towards blacks that some hold.

Here we have a "white" woman, not born in the United States, that is revered, beloved, admired and even idolized as a First Lady by them, yet we had a former First Lady who was a graceful, classy and elegant American-born first lady. I only emphasize that because there seems to be such an emphasis on immigration lately from the right.

Yet, Michelle, because she's black, had some of the most disgusting, bigoted, hateful things said about her and told her accomplishments as an Ivy-league educated woman were a farce and had nothing to do with her hard work and dedication, but only her skin color.

From what I've seen, there's no reason to hate either Melania or Michelle. Now the people who had no problem calling Michelle "Mooch" are now demanding respect for the current First Lady.

Old 03-09-2017, 08:19 AM

4,279 posts, read 1,903,896 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by katzpaw View Post
“I’m an Immigrant Who Grew Up Under Communism So I Know All About Equality”
What an odd quote, it praises communism and says that communism values equality,
in the same way that "I grew up in America so I know all about freedom" would be a positive.
Maybe something got garbled in her broken English.
This is the problem people....

This poster thinks she was speaking positive of Communism, this tells you a lot about what progressive education is teaching.

Old 03-09-2017, 08:21 AM

18,069 posts, read 18,818,113 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by skins_fan82 View Post
So we agree that Melania married trump for love.
No, I would bet a dollar that she married him for his money.

But my point is that I doubt for Mrs. Obama and many woman, and men, that "love" is some emotion that has no boundaries, but in fact people will look at those in their own socioeconomic class or higher for this "love".

So I see no point in criticizing Mrs. Trump for hooking up with Mr. Trump, it is not Like Mrs. Obama was ever going to hook up with some uneducated cashier either.

Old 03-09-2017, 08:33 AM

35,699 posts, read 21,054,375 times
None of our business why she l married T- I am saying she is standing firm in the fact she is part of the "immigrants" in question- She knows how she got here- what she did, and how she became a citizen.
She knows darn well- she might have been deported - under her hubby's present stance -a few years ago--
and I think she suffers with those thoughts-

Old 03-09-2017, 08:36 AM

23,795 posts, read 13,261,787 times
She knows all about working in the US illegally as well.

Old 03-09-2017, 08:38 AM

18,466 posts, read 15,250,426 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ATG5 View Post

From what I've seen, there's no reason to hate either Melania or Michelle. Now the people who had no problem calling Michelle "Mooch" are now demanding respect for the current First Lady.
Personally, I found it classless then, and I find it classless now. The excuse of "Well, they did it first." does not make the act any less classless.

Old 03-09-2017, 08:40 AM

3,458 posts, read 1,455,014 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JanND View Post
It definitely seems judging from some of the truly vile comments about our First Lady that Dems value insults over intelligent political discourse.

The false narrative of supporting women is beginning to fail amidst the sexist insults.
Yes, it's revealing to say the least. The far left has ruined their reputation making fun of immigrants, women, disabled, religious, and children. They are no longer the tolerant social accepting group they appeared to be. As long as you hate Trump your one of them, if you don't you're labelled.
They are anarchist like.
They are so far out of touch with the rest of the country and it's as if they live on their own island. They will dig their own grave, and suffer from their actions for years to come. It will affect the democratic party. Extremists on either side tend to be the hole in the ship. You can't silence a majority and expect a good outcome. They should have listened to their rhetoric and followed suit. I'll give them the "human" excuse and hope they give it a rest and recoup.

Most all first lady's did a good job given the position. Melania is the first immigrant first lady since the 1800's. She's a business woman, and a mother. Most women would hold respect for her just on those merits alone. Her style will be her own just as all other first lady's put their own stamp on the position.

She has it very hard compared to others with the hostility in our country right now. The Trumps were elected in part due to the instability of our country. We were already suffering from protests and riots. I wish her luck, just as I've done for all the women standing aside the president of the United States. I'm sure it's difficult enough when your husband is popular, much less when your husband is not.

She had every right in my mind to speak on women's day. I think all the former first lady's that gave speeches on women's day also did a good job!

Old 03-09-2017, 08:46 AM

25,826 posts, read 20,703,250 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ATG5 View Post
True.

Were you this outraged when conservatives called Michelle "Mooch" and an ape in heels?

I didn't even realize this, but what an excellent point. The flippancy is astounding.

How often do they complain about having to "Press 2 for Spanish", now all of a sudden, knowing how to speak several languages in this country is such a great thing?

Another thing I'll note. This thread is another example of the conservative mindset towards blacks that some hold.

Here we have a "white" woman, not born in the United States, that is revered, beloved, admired and even idolized as a First Lady by them, yet we had a former First Lady who was a graceful, classy and elegant American-born first lady. I only emphasize that because there seems to be such an emphasis on immigration lately from the right.

Yet, Michelle, because she's black, had some of the most disgusting, bigoted, hateful things said about her and told her accomplishments as an Ivy-league educated woman were a farce and had nothing to do with her hard work and dedication, but only her skin color.

Agreed.

They were forever accusing both Mrs. Obama and her husband of benefiting from affirmative action, completely disregarding how American their story actually is - neither born of wealthy parents and yet both able to attend and graduate from Ivy League schools and attain greatness.

Meanwhile, they slobber all over a man who was basically born on third base and his third wife who waltzed into the country and did nothing more strenuous than expose her "assets" and marry money.

Just goes to show that all their talk about pulling one's self up by the bootstraps is only relevant for a certain segment of the population.

Old 03-09-2017, 08:47 AM

17,468 posts, read 12,937,957 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by American Expat View Post
Liberal women tend to judge women by who they marry, they have pre-judged Melania because they don't like her marriage partner.
Yet, they all liked him until he took the role as President. Funny, how none of this hate was going around 3 yrs ago. Then we have Hillary and Black Lives Matter using the same slogan RESIST and no one on the left is catching on. Both think President Trump is against women, yet it was women who stepped up and voted for him. Got to love it when the progressives think they know what ALL women think.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies