Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-09-2017, 12:47 PM

12,687 posts, read 6,704,070 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by G1.. View Post
Tic..toc,tic..toc. Time is running out on Trump.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/donald-tr...155022461.html

Donald Trump's Obama wiretapping claims could get him impeached, says Harvard law professor!
Yeah no political bias in that at all, right?

Here's what we know. The Trump Tower was wiretapped. We do not have any evidence that Obama directly ordered it, but it's possible that he did. It's also possible that the folks ordering the wiretap felt that they were doing what Obama wanted them to, but knew that Obama couldn't actually order it in order to retain plausible deniability. It's also possible that Obama had nothing to do with it. Obama's level of involvement is unknown and will likely remain unknowable.

Now let's focus on the issue that should outrage and alarm everyone. Regardless of who ordered it, a standing president's administration successfully carried out broad sweeping wiretapping and surveillance on a political rival and their entire team. They also may have surveillance of anyone who happened to be staying in Trump Tower at the time of the surveillance. All of this was obtained with no evidence of wrongdoing on Trump's part. The surveillance was allowed to continue after it had been determined that Trump had done nothing wrong and that allegations leading to the surveillance were baseless. He was never notified before, during or after any of it. Now he is president and can see what happened. Needless to say, he's pissed.

Bigger picture:
  • Your government can spy on you anytime they want with or without cause.
  • Trump and all future presidents have the means with which to drastically undermine and sabotage the campaigns of the opposition, granting all incumbent presidents an overwhelming unfair advantage in on election day.

Above all else, it makes a powerful case for dismantling the NSA's program that continues to cybernetically spy on the American people to this day. The nitpicky details are not the real scandal here. The fact that the wiretapping did actually happen is.

Old 03-09-2017, 12:50 PM

25,752 posts, read 21,905,003 times
Quote:

Donald Trump's Obama wiretapping claims could get him impeached, says Harvard law professor!
Come on, "COULD". The world "COULD" end today. A lot of "COULD" out there. Remember how silly it was that people that Hillary Clinton "COULD" be our first woman POTUS? Yeah, people will believe anything!

Click bait? Isn't that what it is called? Rather than focus on Trump's many accomplishments and promises being kept, some choose to continue to wish for things that will never, ever be!

And, gee, though, what "COULD" happen to Obama for doing this, since we know it is true?

Old 03-09-2017, 12:53 PM

4,299 posts, read 2,799,287 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by godofthunder9010 View Post

Bigger picture:

Above all else, it makes a powerful case for dismantling the NSA's program that continues to cybernetically spy on the American people to this day.

This has always been the case. Why should we be getting pissed about it now particularly since it's a man who deserves to be spied on as the president/incoming president should be held to a higher standard? If this happened to Obama I'm fairly confident he wouldn't be complaining. In fact they probably already did it and he didn't say anything. It's a complicated job so you need to be very careful who you let in.

I should be the one pissed not that dummy since they don't use their spying to bust people who commit crimes towards me and unlike him I don't have a money tree so he's got no right to be pissed.

Old 03-09-2017, 12:53 PM

4,504 posts, read 3,014,465 times
Trump could be Impeached

This from the same empty heads who repeatedly said Trump had no path to victory.

Old 03-09-2017, 12:54 PM

4,279 posts, read 1,895,378 times
Quote:

Progressives could grow a brain too...

but I am not holding my breath.

Old 03-09-2017, 12:59 PM

3,519 posts, read 2,810,735 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mountainrose View Post
Yawn.....
Democrats have nothing else to do these days except cry wolf and run around with hair-on-fire outrage.
In the meantime Trump is getting stuff done even with all the democrats and their corrupt media trying to
destroy him with their fake news about Russian collusion and impending impeachment.
- Illegal borders crossing are down 40% last month.
- Huge job increases happening
-- stock market soaring

- Healthcare being reformed and debated
- Pipeline getting started
- Huge infrastructure program being put together
- bids for the wall happening, funds getting raised.
- Immigration of refugees slowing way down, vetting much stricter now
Can you please check what the unemployment rate was on 1/20/2009? Also check how many jobs were being lost per month in 12/08. And what the Dow Jones average was on 1/20/2009.

Now check what those indicators were on 1/20.2017. Let us know what you find and get back to us.

Healthcare change is going nowhere fast.
They need to figure out where the money is coming from for this huge infrastructure program being put together.
Trump administration can take as many bids for the wall they want. Until Congress passes a bill to pay for the wall, it is not happening.

Vetting was strict. Don't let fool you. For most people from middle eastern countries in question, it takes about 18 to 24 months to get approval, for the ones that do get approved.

Old 03-09-2017, 01:02 PM

3,519 posts, read 2,810,735 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nickchick View Post
It's difficult to say. They've been saying that for a while now so for now this article is nothing more than false hope.

Also in my experience bad people often get away with things even if it's a standard crime (not counting the crimes that we commit every day as regular citizens moreso things like theft and vandalism) Of course you would think that the president would be held to a higher standard as it is the whole country being affected but the fact that he even got in to begin with makes me think that the law is not going to care. He'd probably have to at least commit a physically violent act before they impeach him. It is confusing though Pence is the Republican's golden ticket. Why would they want to keep someone like Trump? You would think he'd be someone that many people wouldn't want regardless of party considering all the bad things he's said in his life. So far he's staying just enough inside the line to keep himself there.

This too.
This is not a "Yahoo" article. It was written by Ben Kentish of The Independent and republished by Yahoo. I mean it says this right under the headline if you read it.

Old 03-09-2017, 01:07 PM

12,687 posts, read 6,704,070 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nickchick View Post
This is always the case. Why should we be getting pissed about it now particularly since it's a man who deserves to be spied on as the president/incoming president should be held to a higher standard? If this happened to Obama I'm fairly confident he wouldn't be complaining. It's a complicated job so you need to be very careful who you let in.

I should be the one pissed not that dummy since they don't use their spying to bust people who commit crimes towards me.
Well, Trump is in and that apparatus for spying on absolutely everyone is now at his full disposal. He can now use and abuse it to his heart's content. It's now just one of the perks of winning a presidential election, right?

"The Program" gathers everything that can be gathered electronically about absolutely everyone. The feds have repeatedly denied this, only for it to be proven that they were flat out lying to us. This is exactly why they're so mad at Edward Snowden, and Snowden is not the only source calling them out on their BS. Everything you do and say is being watched, 24/7. And yes, to your point, it is not being used very effectively to actually help anyone. I don't believe it's even keeping us safer from terrorism.

How do you think The Program squares with the US Constitution?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fourth Amendment
The right of the people to be secure in their persons, houses, papers, and effects, against unreasonable searches and seizures, shall not be violated, and no Warrants shall issue, but upon probable cause, supported by Oath or affirmation, and particularly describing the place to be searched, and the persons or things to be seized.
Our government is telling us we no longer have any right to privacy. The Constitution says otherwise. That is why this pisses me off. I didn't vote for Trump and I'm not supporting him now. In this and every other supposed "scandal" I keep seeing the same thing: The obsession with undermining Trump is making the Left mighty stupid and blind to the bigger issues.

Old 03-09-2017, 01:09 PM

1,718 posts, read 1,050,810 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MyNameIsBellaMia View Post
Trump could be Impeached

This from the same empty heads who repeatedly said Trump had no path to victory.
Exactly

Click bait / hope news for lefties

Old 03-09-2017, 01:09 PM

2,013 posts, read 1,422,872 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by godofthunder9010 View Post
Yeah no political bias in that at all, right?

Here's what we know. The Trump Tower was wiretapped. We do not have any evidence that Obama directly ordered it, but it's possible that he did. It's also possible that the folks ordering the wiretap felt that they were doing what Obama wanted them to, but knew that Obama couldn't actually order it in order to retain plausible deniability. It's also possible that Obama had nothing to do with it. Obama's level of involvement is unknown and will likely remain unknowable.

Now let's focus on the issue that should outrage and alarm everyone. Regardless of who ordered it, a standing president's administration successfully carried out broad sweeping wiretapping and surveillance on a political rival and their entire team. They also may have surveillance of anyone who happened to be staying in Trump Tower at the time of the surveillance. All of this was obtained with no evidence of wrongdoing on Trump's part. The surveillance was allowed to continue after it had been determined that Trump had done nothing wrong and that allegations leading to the surveillance were baseless. He was never notified before, during or after any of it. Now he is president and can see what happened. Needless to say, he's pissed.

Bigger picture:
  • Trump and all future presidents have the means with which to drastically undermine and sabotage the campaigns of the opposition, granting all incumbent presidents an overwhelming unfair advantage in on election day.

Above all else, it makes a powerful case for dismantling the NSA's program that continues to cybernetically spy on the American people to this day. The nitpicky details are not the real scandal here. The fact that the wiretapping did actually happen is.
I haven't seen proof of the wiretap reported anywhere, only allegations and speculation. What is your supporting evidence for your allegation that we know the tower was tapped?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies