Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-09-2017, 02:48 PM

6,137 posts, read 3,864,079 times

Advertisements

I was just looking at the employment reports for January 2017 and looks like the employment rates in Los Angeles are lackluster compared to Phoenix or Nevada.

I can see why Arizona and Nevada are cherry-picking wonderful companies with the low taxes. High taxes and excessive minimum wages are bad for business and for entry-level employees.

http://www.labormarketinfo.edd.ca.go...ysis/calmr.pdf

1.3% employment growth rate in Los Angeles with 1.2% in Ventura County

Nevada is booming and employers are looking to get away the incredibly high $15 minumum wages coming as soon as 2020 to Los Angeles, outreageous workers compensation rates and excessive corperate taxes and regulation.

http://nevadaworkforce.com/Portals/1...nt_Release.pdf

3.5% employment growth in Nevada

https://laborstats.az.gov/sites/defa...emp-report.pdf

Phoenix which rolls out the red-carpet to business has a 2.4% employment growth rate.

I think Phoenix would be doing better then it is if it copied Nevada state tax policy but I don't see that happening but then again Arizona does have a state income tax that is less then 1/2 of California for middle-class.

Tucson Dem eyes challenge of Ducey | The Daily Courier | Prescott, AZ

Too bad Governor Ducey isn't really much closer to making the "income tax as close to zero as possible" then on election day. Would love if Arizona joined Texas, Nevada and Florida any regards to state income tax policy.

Sadly, Governor Ducey also went on a spending spree with the Permanent Land Endowment Trust Fund to appease activist liberals. But all things considered at least the tax policy is better then the state to the west.

Arizona has decent tax policy, but it isn't doing as well as Nevada right now because Nevada is the corperation and employees advocate capitol of the west with it's lack of state income and state corperate income tax.

Last edited by lovecrowds; 03-09-2017 at 02:58 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-09-2017, 02:53 PM

Location: Live:Downtown Phoenix, AZ/Work:Greater Los Angeles, CA
27,606 posts, read 14,604,784 times
zzZzzZzzZzzZzz

Old 03-09-2017, 03:03 PM

18,492 posts, read 9,161,666 times
It's all true.

Evil liberals and their silly regulations. Ruining America.

Old 03-09-2017, 03:10 PM

39,078 posts, read 51,231,444 times
You can't compare percentage growth rates with differing populations. Nevada always looks good with percentages because it is a smaller place than California so its growth rate may be higher, but the net jobs are much lower. Same with Zona. It's a lot bigger than Nevada so if 2000 new jobs are create in both places the Nevada rate will look much "better". Get it? As far as minimum wages, it's $10 in Arizona and going to $12 in a couple years. Not that much different that CA. Anyway, companies that pay minimum wage don't relocate and if they did who wants them? Their employees are on medicaid and welfare. All states want high paying jobs and they typically chase better educated populations with top schools.

Old 03-09-2017, 03:14 PM

9,848 posts, read 8,281,707 times
We give illegal aliens parents welfare and we have 1.5 million English Learners alone in Los Angeles schools. You can more than double the number with those not counted as English Learners.

California alone pays $25 billion dollars for the privilege.

Old 03-09-2017, 03:31 PM

6,137 posts, read 3,864,079 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RCCCB View Post
We give illegal aliens parents welfare and we have 1.5 million English Learners alone in Los Angeles schools. You can more than double the number with those not counted as English Learners.

California alone pays $25 billion dollars for the privilege.
It is always music to my ears when a corporation relocates from California to a low-tax, conservative state.

Hopefully as California gets more liberal, there is a massive rush of companies out of the state. In the future they will have big companies in California but they won't employ many workers because the profit margins have to be so high.

Hopefully, with the radical, extreme agenda of California then many states like Florida, Texas, Nevada go on California company shopping sprees.

I love Nevada tax policy, I love the fact that they get companies subsidies also to get Nevadans back on the payrolls.

Old 03-09-2017, 03:37 PM

14,221 posts, read 6,961,631 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lovecrowds View Post
It is always music to my ears when a corporation relocates from California to a low-tax, conservative state.

Hopefully as California gets more liberal, there is a massive rush of companies out of the state. In the future they will have big companies in California but they won't employ many workers because the profit margins have to be so high.

Hopefully, with the radical, extreme agenda of California then many states like Florida, Texas, Nevada go on California company shopping sprees.

I love Nevada tax policy, I love the fact that they get companies subsidies also to get Nevadans back on the payrolls.
Nevada crashed and burned like no other state during the recession. What are you talking about? Companies get subsidies? Oh great, so the working stiffs like yourself have to pay the taxes instead of the donor class that buy your politician.

Old 03-09-2017, 03:40 PM

5,701 posts, read 3,222,313 times
I've played around with city data maps lately and the trend in California is clear. Native borns are fleeing to other states while Mexicans rush in. The middle class has disappeared and all you have left is elites in the big cities and a welfare class.

Old 03-09-2017, 04:33 PM

5,738 posts, read 5,443,536 times
I don't understand how companies are fleeing $15 minimum wage. You think a McDonald's on Sunset Blvd is going to up and move to Nevada because of the minimum wage hike? Any company that would stimulate an economy somewhere else pays 80%+ of its workers more than minimum wage.

Old 03-09-2017, 04:37 PM

46,952 posts, read 25,990,037 times
Groundhog day already?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies