Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-11-2017, 03:10 PM

8,061 posts, read 4,897,459 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by wrecking ball View Post
if you truly believed in birtherism then,... yes. if i believed that someone was able to reach the office of POTUS who wasn't eligible then i'd be demanding an investigation be done to see what exactly happened and how to prevent it in the future.

the birthers don't seem to be making that demand of trump.
As you have said in the past with Obama.
There is not proof of anything and even with the full resources of the Obama Administration they could not did up any collusion with the Russians.

Obama will go down as a Failed Leader and the press could not even have a objective investigation of Mr. Obama's Past.

Obama is gone and that is all we can hope for!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-11-2017, 03:13 PM

14,993 posts, read 12,208,115 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by justNancy View Post
This is almost too silly to respond to, but you do realize that's the so-called birth certificate that was already proven fake 8 years ago, right? This is the one that crazy woman, OrlyTaitz, forged in 2009. You've both lost any credibility you might have had, since even the birther-in-chief announced that Obama was born in the United States.
Both those "documents" could be real, or faked. So tell me, just how does one go about telling which is which just by looking? How does one "prove" a birth certificate is real, or not???

Just observation on my part, but I always thought that the manufacturers of the "birth" certificate produced in 2011 to attest that Obama was born in the location declared by the official narrative did an exceptionally sloppy job on the thing, with poor attention to details like differences in the font, and slanted number sequences on what should be letters and numbers pre-printed on the form. But I guess with the left's declaration that the thing is real, and the ad hominem attacks (as you demonstrate in your post) and other attempts at intimidation meant to squelch any skepticism of that official narrative, nobody better think otherwise, eh?

But regardless,,some of us insist on our right to have our own opinions, and mine was, when I saw the 2011 birth certificate, that there certainly was a scurry to produce the thing, to "validate" or certify it, and a campaign on the part of the Obama's fans and water carriers to declare it real and to discredit/dismiss any skepticism of the matter. I figured that no matter where Obama was actually born, the public would never know for sure about it, as the Hawaii location is the "official" story and they are sticking to it.

And IMO, we still don't know, but when Trump stated in 2016 that the Obama was born in Hawaii and therefore a US citizen, he was not certifying this as a fact, but sending a message that he was not pursuing the matter, not touching that controversy with a 10 foot pole.

Last edited by Travelassie; 03-11-2017 at 03:28 PM..

Old 03-11-2017, 03:30 PM

3,412 posts, read 3,458,163 times
This issue is so stupid i can explain why obama was eligible to be president in 3 short facts.

1. A natural born citizen of the united states per the constitution is someone born to at least one American citizen at time of birth.

2. obamas mother was a citizen by birth of the United States

3. No one is denying who obamas birth mother is.

So regardless where said birth happened it doesnt matter Obama was eligible as is cruz and romney.

A natural born citizen is someone who gets citizenship at birth. A baby gets citizenship off its parents citizenship. There can be duel citizenship if baby is born outside country but that mean baby still has citizenship of parents home country. Otherwise any baby born while on vacation or stationed overseas whould have to have a greencard to come back with their parents. That is just crazy and doesnt happen.

Old 03-11-2017, 03:32 PM

52,430 posts, read 26,710,616 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wrecking ball View Post
malik never stated that obama was born outside the US. all he did was tweet lucas smith's long debunked birth certificate with the cryptic message "Surely. What's this?".
Ahh so he did this to say that Obama was an American citizen? LOL

I'll ask again. Which of the Obama brothers is lying?

Old 03-11-2017, 03:39 PM

26,580 posts, read 14,489,498 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldoKitty View Post
Ahh so he did this to say that Obama was an American citizen?
who knows why he did it. there is no clear message either in the posting of a ridiculous forgery or the cryptic message.

Quote:
I'll ask again. Which of the Obama brothers is lying?
and again, neither one has stated obama was born outside the US.

Old 03-11-2017, 03:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Travelassie View Post
... did an exceptionally sloppy job on the thing, with poor attention to details like differences in the font, .....
we have the birth certificates of 4 other people born in the same month at the same hospital. the fonts/typeface are consistent on all.

Old 03-11-2017, 03:58 PM

14,993 posts, read 12,208,115 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by southward bound View Post
No more than all of O's "minor lies".

It's politics, you know. You all were OK with it when O was the Pres. Why the furor now?

Actually, I view Trump agreeing that O was born in the US as I would deal with a pesky kid who insists that I agree with something...OK, that's what you want me to say...here you go. Now go away.

It's a 'brush off' to a pesky press. Besides, why are you calling it a lie? You say it's not a lie. All you want is for him to agree with what you believe is the truth.

So, he did. Now go away.
Exactly. Meaning that he is done with this issue, and wouldn't touch it with a 10 foot pole at this point.

One does have to pick one's battles, and with the left attacking Trump over his every breath, it seems a waste of time and counterproductive to run that birther gauntlet these days.

Old 03-11-2017, 03:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike0618 View Post
1. A natural born citizen of the united states per the constitution is someone born to at least one American citizen at time of birth.
there is no definition of "natural born citizen" in the constitution. the majority of the legal community lean towards "citizen at birth" but it is still a vague term that has yet to directly be addressed by the SCOTUS concerning the POTUS. i was hoping it was going to happen this past round with cruz but..... didn't happen.

in the birther's defense there is actually something to their claim that obama's mother was too young to confer citizenship. if obama had been born outside the US his mother would have missed the age to automatically confer citizenship by 3 months.

"For birth on or after November 14, 1986, a period of five years physical presence, two after the age of fourteen, is required. For birth between December 24, 1952 and November 13, 1986, a period of ten years, five after the age of fourteen, is required for physical presence in the United States or one of its outlying possessions to transmit U.S. citizenship to the child."

https://travel.state.gov/content/tra...rn-abroad.html

but since obama was born in the US it's a moot point.

Old 03-11-2017, 04:29 PM

89,291 posts, read 45,013,031 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mike0618 View Post
This issue is so stupid i can explain why obama was eligible to be president in 3 short facts.

2. obamas mother was a citizen by birth of the United States

3. No one is denying who obamas birth mother is.

So regardless where said birth happened it doesnt matter Obama was eligible as is cruz and romney.
That last part is INCORRECT, as has been explained MULTIPLE times. Stop being stupid.

"For birth between December 24, 1952 and November 13, 1986, a period of ten years, five after the age of fourteen, is required for physical presence in the United States or one of its outlying possessions to transmit U.S. citizenship to the child."

Acquisition of U.S. Citizenship by a Child Born Abroad -US Department of State

Obama's Mother could not meet the 5 years after age 14 requirement. She was still 18 when Obama was born.

Old 03-11-2017, 04:41 PM

3,412 posts, read 3,458,163 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post
That last part is INCORRECT, as has been explained MULTIPLE times. Stop being stupid.

"For birth between December 24, 1952 and November 13, 1986, a period of ten years, five after the age of fourteen, is required for physical presence in the United States or one of its outlying possessions to transmit U.S. citizenship to the child."

Acquisition of U.S. Citizenship by a Child Born Abroad -US Department of State

Obama's Mother could not meet the 5 years after age 14 requirement. She was still 18 when Obama was born.
Just farther down on that link

Birth Abroad Out-of-Wedlock to a U.S. Citizen Mother:
A person born abroad out-of-wedlock to a U.S. citizen mother may acquire U.S. citizenship under Section 309(c) of the INA if the mother was a U.S. citizen at the time of the person’s birth and if the mother was physically present in the United States or one of its outlying possessions for a continuous period of one year prior to the person’s birth. The U.S. citizen mother must be the genetic or the gestational mother and the legal parent of the child under local law at the time and place of the child’s birth to transmit U.S. citizenship.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies